9-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 2,112

Posted May 17, 2015
I moved into this area thinking the school was large and would have the resources to accommodate all levels of students. My son has witnessed daily fights between students on campus, felt their was a high presence of gang activity and eventually stopped going to his gym class where he was constantly a targeted with threats. This is not a learning environment. He witnessed a student being slammed into a locker resulting in a concussion and the offending student being expelled, only to find at the end of the school year this same student was brought back into his classroom and makes verbal threats to other students. Academically, when my son requested feedback on his test scores, he was told that he could not see his test results because they needed to be recorded. As a parent I am frustrated that I cannot help him study as outside of his math class he gets no study guides, books or online links to work he is doing. I know most of the Clark county high school system is like this. It is engineered to keep parents out of the loop and does not give us the information we need to hold our children accountable.

Posted March 08, 2015
I am a freshman at this school and by what I can tell, they have the worst staff ever. Most of the teachers there just sit on there phones and change the power point slide. We never actually get to be hands on with anything. I only have one teacher who is a good teacher but gives us endless amounts of homework. I would expect this from any CCSD high school considering that CCSD is ranked #50 out of 50 school districts in America.

Sierra Vista High School 5

Posted October 02, 2014
Fantastic school, sports, extra ciricular activities and the experience with the students and thier involvement and PRIDE!!

Sierra Vista High School 3

Posted August 11, 2014
I moved back to Las Vegas from California and went back to Sierra Vista and I couldn't believe the change. There is no longer any school spirit and as far as the teachers go they don't really care about teaching they get paid (in my opinion) to just sit there throw 50 slides of notes on the bored then give you a packet of work and tell you it's due tomorrow. In California they actually taught us something and the transition was horrible to go back and fail. But it gets to a certain point as a student when you can't blame anyone but the teacher when ever kid in the class is failing because then it's the teachers fault. The kids are horrible just doing the most in a bad way that's only hurting them. The school is almost like a school filled with wanna be gangs and drugs and that's just what I figured out my first week back as I sat there only observing how everyone and everything has changed. The once amazing school, the school that was known as the role mode school is nothing but a disaster almost like a jail that we spend hours in trapped learning nothing. I had two good teachers last year and I was taking seven classes so that says a lot.

Posted July 01, 2014
This school is absolutely the worst. I came from California and was very disappointed to attend this school. There are always fights occurring and the staff seems to care more about the dress code than the actual academics.

Posted May 11, 2014
This school is one of the worst in Clark County, in my opinion. Uncaring teachers, way too many fights occur out of nowhere in the learning environment, and it's not very clean nor is its staff organized at all.

Posted February 26, 2014
SV has DRASTICALLY changed in these past few years since the recession, &still is changing. I've had at least 1 of my children attending since 2005, &I'm very disppointed in what it's becoming. Since the economy dropped in 2007, you can see a big change in the school's student body, teachers and parents(things started getting bad around late 2010-ish). Many people lost their homes on this side of town, so of course many people moved in from the wrong side of town when homes dropped. Many of the teachers at this school are careless/arroggant &the adminstration is constantly switching people. Also, many of the students are ignorant, don't care about their school work/school in general. There is constant conflict between the new young students(physcial fights), &racism as well against others since the main ethinicties of the school are now becoming Asian or Black. This school has NO school spirit anymore, and there's no parent involvment either within the new incoming generations of parents/students. It's rather disppointing that a once a new awesome school, has changed for the worse. SV was a WAY better school before, &it's sad that now I don't even want my last child to even attend

Posted January 21, 2014
Not really good. Socially there are tons of teachers who choose their favorite students, so it's hard to just talk to teachers when they think you're random or weird or 'why are you in my class?' There is also some bullying. Academically, there are some teachers that are awesome at teaching, but give extremely hard or overwhelming amounts of work in very little time and there are some who don't teach well at all. For class variety, there is enough to make it interesting, but nonetheless it is not enough to be enjoyable. I would recommend the Weight Training class, but that is my personal interest so I can't speak for all the students. All in all, it is below average, and if you can go somewhere else. There is more to school than just grades; it is about learning and gaining experience, but also to enjoy it. The school puts too much emphasis on the test scores and basically places your value as a person based on them as well.

Sierra Vista High School 5

Posted November 15, 2013
This is a very good school and my son is doing pretty good. We are glad.

Sierra Vista High School 4

Posted September 28, 2013
My school is fast developing a sense of community and singularity of purpose. It's a new school but it's beginning to get its bearings straight. This year, a rally to welcome the incoming freshmen was held and it was well attended. The faculty is impressive. The management is rational. I expect great things from the school for my child this year.

Sierra Vista High School
8100 West Robindale Rd, Las Vegas, NV  89113
Last modified Sierra Vista High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Vista High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top