Public charter
Las Vegas, NV

Odyssey Charter High School 1

Posted October 30, 2014
This school is more like independent study hall. The students are assigned to teachers, but you and only you are responsible for teaching your child each day. The hybrid day in high school is nothing more than them doing their work there on a computer in a cold classroom. I thought this is where they would be receiving instructional time with teachers. The teachers come in, have the kids sign their attendance logs, and leave them to teach themselves advanced classes like calculus and physics. They do say, "If you have any questions, let me know!" That is like me checking out a book from the library about auto mechanics, then trying to fix my engine. My daughter had to drop one class because there was NO INSTRUCTION. Oh and the curriculum? They log in and watch video instuction via youtube. Yes You read that right, youtube, and other silly cartoony characters are now replacing certified teachers. Do your research before choosing this one.

Posted March 11, 2014
I can't say enough great things about Odyssey Charter Schools. We tried the schools we were zoned for, but our children just were not doing well. We decided to give Odyssey a shot after hearing some wonderful things about them from a friend. We are amazed at the one-on-one attention my kids have received from their teachers at Odyssey. We get regular calls home from teachers when our students are not doing well and we are able to log in daily to track how they are doing. Our kids actually enjoy school now and are eager to learn. The administrators and staff are top notch. We get quick responses whenever we call. The technology department at Odyssey is amazing! They helped us fix both of our computers for free when the Geek Squad at Best Buy was trying to charge us hundreds. They have also helped us for hours on the phone with any questions we have had with Moodle or any of the other course material. Great school, great staff, great teachers! Changing to Odyssey was the best decision we made for our kids.

Posted April 27, 2013
This is place is just amazing. all the others schools are horrible no matter what ever they say. the teachers are very kind and respectful. if your having hard times with any of your courses they always help you in the nicest and simplest ways. and unlike other schools where teachers would yell at you for not doing work, they would ask why haven't you been doing your work and that they're here to helpful. other peers are very kind and respectful and its pretty calm in the school

Odyssey Charter High School 4

Posted October 18, 2004
This school has been great for my daughter. She went from a D/F student with very low self confidence, to an A/B student who loves to learn. It is a great school for students who work better at their own pace and own schedule. It is also a great school for students (like my daughter) who simply struggle in a traditional environment.

Posted October 27, 2003

Odyssey Charter High School
2251 South Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV  89146
Last modified Odyssey Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top