Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Front office staff do not look happy, they seem agitated. Asked to speak to principal several times and she is always too busy or unavailable, even when you see her earlier taking to fundraisers. They seem to be more worried about fundraising than educating. There's some goofball weird looking young adult dancing like a clown playing hip-hop music and expect little children to go begging around for money . Also the perimeter and the schoolyard is full of dog wastes that does not appear to be maintained for weeks and months. This school also hosts some strange neo-religious ceremonies in its buildings on the weekends. I feel very afraid sending my child to this school for many reasons.

I think Gehring is a magnificent school.The staff are welcoming,the teachers are kind and caring,students are very smart.I had three kids here but now two since one moved in to middle school.She's been Gehring ever since kindergarten and will always cherish it

Roger D Ghering is a nice school. Me personally I like some of the teacher The office staff iskind andwelcoming at least some of them The school lunches are not the healthest things and most kids who have school lunch don't eat it. If I had to rate this school I would give it 4 stars.

My son has gone to this school since Kindergarten and it was great till this year!! The new Principle is absolutley horrible and is a micro manager with the teachers. They don't even get to teach the way they want and are dictated to teach her way! They have taken the spelling tests away and cursive writing lessons and give them lessons during the day that they don't give directions to. It is a shame that this school has gone down hill at a dramatic rate and I won't even start on all the bullying going on!!! BE KIND is their motto and the ONLY KIND AND CARING PERSON IN THIS SCHOOL IS KAREN IN THE OFFICE!!

In 2010 I moved from CA to NV and this is the one and only school in Las Vegas that my son has attended so far. He started at Gehring in the 1st grade and is now entering 3rd grade for the 2013/2014 school year. I must say that I absolutely loved my son's 1st grade teacher Ms B. The staff in the office is really nice and helpful, especially Karen. Gehring has a wonderful and very active PTA with lots of exciting events scheduled throughout the school year. Last year's principal Mr. Schroeder and the vice-principal at Gehring, Mrs. Locke made a very good team working side-by-side at making Gehring ES the best it can be with high expectations from Students, Parents, and the PTA. There is lots of school spirit here....Go Geckos!!!

This school has done wonders for my daughters education!!! They fought right along the side of my husband and I to get her the help and education she needs to succeed.

This school is excellent! Location is nice and my kids really did excel with their academics! I would definitely recommend this school!

I really like the front office staff Karen is great! the assistant principal is also really nice everytime I see her she talks to me! My only concern is the way parents Drive in the front parking lot like it is a race track ... I have reported it so I am really hoping there will be something done about it before a kid gets hurt or killed by these parents careless driving.

I withdraw my kid out after 3 days in school. Stuff is unprofessional, teacher told 7 year old kids " their parent will go to jail if they will be taking during class". NO one showed my little one where is food court she was lost. The principal yell on her not on teacher (who responsible for my kid). Not a good school, will not recommend to anyone.

Great teachers and administration! The teachers really care and are actively involved in helping their students learn and grow. We've had three kids go to Gehring and have been repeatedly impressed with our teachers. The PE department is outstanding! The library is awesome!

Last modified Roger D Gehring Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.