Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Kathleen & Tim Harney Middle School 1

Posted May 12, 2016
The teachers are unprofessional and the staff doesn't genuinely care about the students. My child attended this school less than a year and I already have made plans to take him out. It's ridiculous how they run this school. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO AND PARENT OR CHILD.

Posted April 07, 2015
My child is in the 6th grade. Middle School is new to both of us. My child did not have the best grades and I would expect to be contacted by a teacher with concerns. No teacher ever initiated a call or email. I always did. I guess the parents are to depend on Infinite Campus for all info. So I called the 6th grade counselor because I was concerned that my child was not progressing or excelling. I basically told that CCSD states a "D" is passing. So if he is not failing, I wouldn't be notified of anything. My expectations and Clark Counties expectations are two different things. I feel like the teachers and staff should be more concerned with grades and care more. Not depend on iPads to teach the student the majority. Also, the students in my opinion seem very sad, depressed, with suicidal ideation. My child exchanged numbers with other students and I monitor his EVERYTHING. There have been at least 3 little girls who have mentioned to him how they "cut" or have cut themselves in the past, or how their are rumors going around about a girl "cutting emo" how they don't want to live anymore, or how they feel ugly. Idk if it's Middle School jitters or if they are looking for attention

Posted November 12, 2014
The School itself is ok, however,Im concerned with the lack of teaching thats being given. I understand that the Schools are evolving into the new technology for students, but that still doesn't make it ok for the Teachers to not teach and help the students who are having problems with certain subjects. You have some good teachers and some bad ones. If teaching is not your love, then there should be another field you should try.

Posted June 14, 2014
well I am moving from Shreveport Louisiana and I am moving to las vegas for the second time the first time I came I was in the third grade so now its my last year in middle school I will be an eighth grader this year when school starts back and I will be going to this school so if any of the former students can tell me what this school will be like I will be very happy with who ever responds to my comment thank u and have a happy and safe summer every one

Posted April 17, 2014
My children's school is the best in Las Vegas. They offer excellent teachers and an awesome curriculum with opportunities to grow and expand s child's knowledge in a friendly environment!

Posted October 26, 2013
Overall the school is clean and very well put. Teachers are ok. I'm constantly having to stress about my school work. I've been having thoughts about switching schools if possible. I'm only stressing over one particular class. Ms. Holitik class accelerated. First of all the class is ENGLISH not POETRY! And everytime she gives the class an assignment to do she doesn't explain it to where me and my other classmates understand. She teaches us stuff nothing related to English. She basically bullies her students. If you try and ask a question to her she will literally embarrass you to the whole class. She will start yelling at you. She will not help you in any other way! I come from John C. Fremont MS and it's a fair school, but I learned more there than I do here! In harney there is so much pressure on te kids to do more than well. In Fremont MS they help you out with problems. In harney all they do is tell at you and your done. And I already know by posting this I'll get Suspended or something, but there's no other way I'll be heard.

Posted September 10, 2013
this school is awesome my child is always saying how awesome this school is and how great the teachers are

Kathleen & Tim Harney Middle School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
awesome school had so much fun in this school cool teachers and staff and the lunch isn't so bad

Posted August 31, 2013
The schools ok I did have to deal with a few bullies here and there fights don't happen often I would say its fine if you keep low profile

Kathleen & Tim Harney Middle School 1

Posted August 12, 2013
Nervous about sending my 6th grader to this school because of the past poor reviews. I hope things have changed.

Kathleen & Tim Harney Middle School
1580 South Hollywood Blvd, Las Vegas, NV  89142
Last modified Kathleen & Tim Harney Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.