Posted May 24, 2014
I would give this school a 0 if I could. My daughter has attended 2 years at this school both 6th and 7th grade. She went from being an honor gate student to a D-F student. The bullying is out of control. I moved to Summerlin to have my daughter attend a better school little to my dismay it has become the worst school she could have ever attended. The teachers are given key tools parent link and Edmodo only a few participate in it and are not on the same page with it. I found Edmodo to be the best tool its a shame only 2 teachers used it in the 2 years she went their. It should be mandatory all teachers to be on the same page. If I wanted to meet with a single teacher I had to have all teachers and a counselor present this makes you feel intimidated. Sports and activities were limited and based on favoritism. I am no longer allowing my daughter to go to this school she will be doing online school because of the poor quality teaching ethics as well as bullying.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 23, 2014
This school has been outstanding. The teachers respond via Parentlink and set up meetings if you request them. Most parents who complain, don't get involved or look at school as a babysitter. If you hold your kids to standards (A is an A, B is a C, C is a F in our house), the teachers and administration will help you with the discipline. I have found them all to be fair and willing to help. Of course meetings are before and after school. Is it always convenient? No. As a parent it is my responsibility to take part in my kids education. Most of the problems I've seen are from kids who's parents stand up for their child's bad behavior. This school has gone from a 3 star to a 5 star school and I'm happy to say that it's due to the accountability with the kids and the parents. Fact is if you care about your kids education and it is a priority, you will love Fertitta! If you value your personal time and don't like making a commitment to your child's education, you will probably not like the accountability and say that things are "unfair". As I was taught growing up, "Life is not obligated to be fair, but opportunity is." There are plenty of opportunities at Fertitta!

Posted February 21, 2014
School is a great place for our children, they worry about the progress of academic and emotional children, thank you for these 2 years of attention to my son

Posted January 15, 2014
This school is horrible. The teachers are absolutely rude and give way to much homework for no reason. The teachers also let kids gat on their phones during class. The teachers are also a terrible influence ever. They eat and play on their phones all class while they constantly break the dress code, use profane language, and treat the taxpayers children like dirt.

Posted June 07, 2013
This is one of the worst schools I've ever been to. It's horrid, ALL the staff are unbelievably unprofessional, there's constant bullying and fights and no teachers seem to care anymore about students that aren't their favorite. Three years ago before the current dean, principal and assistant principal were here, there weren't problems like these at all. Sure there were a few bullying reports, but they were taken care of immediately. I can't believe that the current principal has more time for getting pregnant than her real job that includes being the supports for all the staff and almost 1500 students. Very unprofessional. I'm glad that this is my last year here. The first two years were average, but my eighth grade year was the worst. I'd like to warn both parents and incoming students about this school that nothing seems to go right anymore. Be careful if you're going to this school.

Posted May 09, 2013
This school is excellent! The administration, the teachers, the whole staff is there if you need them..... so to all those parents who write about the principal being pregnant again or about the teachers being so bad...or about the school having a fight a day (NOT TRUE!!!) I want to say that the biggest "problem" this school has is "Parent Involvement". Lots of talking and complaining from home or the occasional visit to the school...but when is time to help, everybody disappear..... At the monthly PAC meeting where the principal and vice-principal come to answer all kind of questions, only 6-7 parents shows up.... So even here complains like "why the meeting are in the morning? people needs to go to work" well at the couple of meeting in the evening 2-3 parents!!! So, stop complaining and do something about it!!! Get involved if you want to change whatever you think is wrong! Writing about it here does not help anybody!!!

Posted March 05, 2013
I really love this school! There are some really helpful after school activities! Such as, homework club, geometry club, math tutoring, reading tutoring, and more! The students there are really nice, and the teachers are really helpful, too! I think your son or daughter might very certain like this school! They also deal with bullying and fights well! They now have a school district police officer walking around the hallways with the principal every day to make sure there arent any fights that are going on. ---A 6th grade student :)

Posted January 28, 2013
Glad to say this is my child's last year here. This school has had a revolving door for administrators. The principal is pregger again! She now will have a set of IRISH twins. I understand personal life, but a school of 1400 kids needs administrators to run the school. This year they got a new Asst Principal. The male asst principal that had been there for a few years did not get promoted to principal, don't know why, but he is now principal at another middle school. At least when he was there, there were not as many fights and discipline was not a big factor. My kid tells me there is a fight daily. Great learning environment for defending yourself and for staying out of the way rather than for academics. So sad.

Victoria Fertitta Middle School 2

Posted September 26, 2012
My child is new to Fertitta M.S.this year. She is in the 6th grade and is an exceptional student having scored 500 on her math and reading CRT's, straight A student with an occasional B. I have issues with her math teacher. We are encouraged to have our child going in before / after school to get help, recently received a "D" on a test. This brings her entire grade down. The teacher is unwilling to allow her to re-take this test or help. I'd like to add that I have a low opinion of the dean. My daughter got stopped for wearing sandals (not dress code). She sat at his office until I arrived. Glad I wasn't at work or she'd get no instructional time! Common sense is lacking. He was rude, saying he had somewhere else to be & telling me that I was "condescending" ! I am a concerned parent. By the end of our conversation he apologized (small comfort). Also, her science teacher has been out and has substitute teachers (new) every week! Why can't they hire a long-term substitute that knows a thing or two about science? I am an educator and see problems early into the school year. I plan on a visit to the counselor as well as the principal.

Posted August 16, 2012
My daughter had just completed 8th grade. She's been telling everybody that this school was awesome. Most teachers are great and helpful especially when you need them after school hours. Had a fantastic 3 memorable years. Thank you very much.

Victoria Fertitta Middle School
9905 West Mesa Vista Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89148
(702) 799-1900
Last modified Victoria Fertitta Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victoria Fertitta Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top