No rating

Calvary Christian Learning Academy

Private | PK-8 | 100 students

We are best known for biblical foundation.

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $70,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

School Official Point of View

Posted February 13, 2013

"The mission of CCLA is to provide students with an exceptional education that is builit upon a solid, biblical foundation in a Christ-centered environment to prepare them for a successful life that glorifies God." God has given different abilities to each student. Our staff will take responsibility to stimulate and challenge each individual student according to his/her ability while seeking to develop the student's full potential.

Posted July 25, 2014

This will be my kids third year going to this school. We have had a 100% positive experience here. The teachers and staff are the most caring, kind and devoted people. They all truly care about the children. The class sizes are all small, the teachers really get to know the students. My kids have loved every year here. You will not find a group of people that care more about your kids and their education than the people here! Go take a tour and see for yourself!!

Posted May 26, 2014

I have worked in this school since the beginning of this school year and am so excited to continue for another year. Our Preschool Director is amazing along with the Principal of the school. Both women not only highly care about the children, but the staff as well. We are treated with respect and any issues are quickly dealt with. I love coming to work everyday and miss the kids during the weekend and breaks. I can't even imagine working anywhere else.

Posted February 3, 2014

As the principal of CCLA it is my job to monitor social media websites to ensure CCLA is presented in the most positive and truthful light. It is therefore my responsibility to ensure the public receives the most accurate information possible. It came across in one of the comments below that our music teacher is 19 years old and has no training in the field. Our music teacher is 23 years old and has either been taking classes, training or performing on the piano or singing since she was a young child. Our Christmas and Spring Musicals speak for themselves regarding our music program. Secondly, 18 of the 21 students enrolled in our kindergarten class are students who attended our preschool. Last year, kindergarten students as a class scored 92.5% better than students who took the Terra Nova test at the same time of year as other students who took the same test on the NATIONAL level. I respect and consider everyone's stated opinion whether it is positive or negative, if you are a parent considering attending CCLA, please visit our website or tour the school for the most accurate information possible.

Posted February 3, 2014

Calvary Christian Learning Academy is the best kept secret in Las Vegas! This school has a beautiful campus, including spacious and age-appropriate classrooms that, inviting environment and current technology. The administrative staff from Principal Cinde Rivera, their certified teachers, down through their support staff are caring people who truly put the kids safety and development as a top priority. The academics of CCLA are off the chart! Ask to see a copy of their most recent test scores. The special classes beyond the general curriculum are high quality, too. The music program offers opportunity for the kids to perform several times during the year. The athletic program has produced league champions in volleyball and basketball. Both elementary and middle school programs are offered.

Posted February 1, 2014

This school is terrible. My children went here an learned nothing. The preschool teachers are not qualified and they only pay them seven dollars and hour. They are treated unfairly and the students of color are also treated poorly. Their accountant does not know what she is doing and you are always over charged. They never want to give you your money back. Their pre school director is incompetent and the principal has no control. Please do not send your children here. Challenger is a much better way to go.

Posted January 20, 2014

I like the curriculum at CCLA and I like the teachers. Education level is good, better than a public school- hands down! However, I'm not sure my family and I stand by the administration any more. Over the years we have come to see the favoritism and lack of results from the pastor and administration. They are all either related or close friends, so complaints or issues that need to be handled go no where! They are quick to take your money but don't handle situations accordingly. Sad. PE teacher is pastors son, and finance coordinator is pastors daughter. Neither have any degrees to do their jobs other than a high school diploma! and these are who lead our students? Unacceptable . By the way, specials classes are joke!

Posted January 6, 2014

This is one of the greatest schools my child has been apart of. I have a child in Elementary school here and I have nothing but good things to say about this school. The education is high level and very engaging. The specials classes such as Music, PE, and Art are very well done. The Music class is taught by a woman who has been involved in music since she was 3 years old and really knows what she is doing. The PE class is taught by her brother who has been involved in sports since he was 4 years old. He is a very sports minded and played volleyball at the college level. This school is an amazing school and recommend it for anyone looking for a strong biblical school that has strong education.

Posted January 6, 2014

CCLA is definitely a hidden treasure here in Las Vegas. From the welcoming front desk staff, to Principal Cinde Rivera and Preschool Director, all the way down to their supportive, loving and inspiring teaching staff. My student has moved from Preschool up through Elementary. Even with the changing of positions and staff, I have always felt that my child's safety is first priority. My student now enjoys PE, recess, music and after school activities with people who really show care and concern for each child. With 2 musicals a year and opportunities for my child to play sports, I couldn't imagine attending anywhere else. At 23 years old I am astonished at the acting and complete performance the music teacher is able to produce with the many classes from Kindergarten on up each and every year. My student has so many stories from lunch time, to the fun in PE and from the group projects in class. If you are looking for TOP NOTCH education, Calvary Christian Learning Academy is the place for you.

Posted January 6, 2014

Safety is CCLA's first priority. I feel at ease knowing my child's safety is the first thing on each staff member's mind. The weekly newsletters, evacuation drills and weekly parent contact through email really shows their dedication to ensure everyone is informed and feels they are well taken care of. I am pleased that my student has nothing but good stories to report back home and if any conflict arose with another student, that the teacher handled it with grace and always brought the conversation back to Christ and how we should all treat on another. CCLA is the right fit for my family and many others.

Posted December 30, 2013

I love this school. My daughter is in Kindergarten and has learned so much! ...she takes pride in her work, has learned so much, I can't imagine a better Christian based school. Her love for Christ has grown. Couldnt be happier. I highly recommend the Kindergarten teacher here! The education level here is above expectation.

Posted December 27, 2013

They have a 19 year old who happens to be the pastors daughter teaching music. Due to this relationship I feel as if none of my concerns were taken seriously. She resulted to yelling and mistreating the kids because she has no education or training in the educating kids. The teacher was not given the proper support and we left during winter break. The school used to be great but sadly I would no longer recommend this school.

Posted August 28, 2013

This school has one of the best Preschool and Elem/MS program I have experienced. From a warm, inviting receptionist to the smiling teachers in each classroom. The hallways are decorated beautifully and extremely kid-friendly. I have never experienced my child's classroom over ratio and the new teacher is comfortable in her role. I'm astounded at the training and efficiency of each staff member. I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.

Posted August 28, 2013

So glad to have found CCLA! They are a caring and loving school. I have a 4 year old in their Pre K and my nephew is in 2nd grade. The teachers are great and the administration is refreshingly competent. I am amazed at the level of educational instruction that goes on in a Pre K classroom!...it is amazing what wonderful curriculum with great teachers & staff can do for your child!

Posted August 28, 2013

I have had the pleasure of working at Calvary Learning Academy for the last three years. It is an incredible work environment and a wonderful community of students, teachers, parents, and administration. I am so glad to be a part of such a genuine community and professional work environment. I feel truly blessed to come to work each day. I would not hesitate to recommend our school to my family and friends!

Posted August 23, 2013

This is the most disorganized, unstructured daycare/school I have ever encountered. They could not keep staff which is a big red flag and my son had to go through constant change of teachers, assistants, and deal with constant chaos this caused. The administrators are not only indifferent to the problems and issues, but are not Christian like at all. They would straight lie to me and make up excuses for what the school is lacking. The hired un-experienced young care givers who could not handle caring for the children much less teaching them. My account was always off in some form or other and I never learned of any progress my child made if any. I can't imagine why anyone would leave their child in their very un-capable and uncaring hands.

Posted August 9, 2013

This school has been a blessing for my children. They absolutely love it there, and enjoy taking part in the sports such as volleyball, basketball, and cheerleading. The education is clearly the main focus, and that's what I love about it. I would definitely recommend this school to any parent who wants a quality education for their children!

Posted June 20, 2013

The programs at Calvary are excellent! The state test scores are above average. The musical programs and graduation ceremonies are so unique and wonderful. I love the staff, they care, they are motivated and they keep God first. The middle school program is excellent, lockers this year, 7 classes per day, we are looking forward to another great year at CCLA. Thank you staff and administration for all you do!

Posted April 16, 2013

CCLA is amazing! The teachers and staff are caring and family oriented. Teacher and student retention is great! Glad to be here and call Calvary my school and church home.

Posted January 31, 2013

CCLA is a oustanding School. I have two children attending CCLA. The preschool program is amazing. My duaghter loves her teacher and she is excited and eager to go to school everday. Her preschool teacher has a true passion for teaching young children and it shows in everything that she does. She is truly a blessing! My other child is in the 4th grade. Her teacher makes learning exciting and keeps the students motivated while ensuring they meet the high expectations. I thoroughly researched all public and private schools in the city before I selected a school for my children. CCLA is one of the best private schools in city; experienced teachers, small class sizes, Christian environment and reasonable tuition.

Posted January 15, 2013

Very pleased, my two children will be returning for another year! The preschool program is excellent and looking forward to one of my children entering kindergarten! I am in the military where I had my children on base, where they didn't offer that much cirriculum. It is welcoming to know CCLA shows their appreciation to military families by offering a discount and to know there is staff and the prinicpal who are and have been prior military is a great plus.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Cinde Rivera
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Assemblies of God
Fax number
  • (702) 655-2932

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

Music
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom