No rating

Calvary Christian Learning Academy

Private | PK-8 | 100 students

We are best known for biblical foundation.

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $70,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

School Official Point of View

Posted February 13, 2013

"The mission of CCLA is to provide students with an exceptional education that is builit upon a solid, biblical foundation in a Christ-centered environment to prepare them for a successful life that glorifies God." God has given different abilities to each student. Our staff will take responsibility to stimulate and challenge each individual student according to his/her ability while seeking to develop the student's full potential.

Posted September 9, 2012

I am proud to not only be a teacher at CCLA, but also a parent of two students who attend. My 2.5 year old comes home singing her prayers and talking about her friends. My 7 year old loves his class and his teacher! The principal is determined to give her all to the students and staff no matter what it takes. You can tell that she truly believes in the mission of CCLA. I can't imagine working anywhere else. I surely can't imagine sending my children to any other school.

Posted August 21, 2012

I am overall very pleased with this last school year. The sports program is absolutley amazing and has taught my child the fundamentals of teamwork and sportsmanship. Win or lose, they kids and coaches always had a good attitude. Although I am sad to see the previous principal leave, I am happy with the schools choice of the new principal and think she will be fantastic. The one thing I wasnt to pleased with was the Walk-A-thon. Having regristration fees, and what not having it every year was a bit much. That is my only complaint. Everything else is overall very impresive. I am happy to say that my child will be attending this school for a very long time.

Posted July 4, 2011

I have multiple children who attend this school, it was our first year this passing school year. My children left a previous Christian based school that only learned off video. (that's why we left) I was pleased with the safety of the school and the activities they had to keep the children busy and involved. My oldest was in second grade and went on about 6 amazing field trips and my middle was a Kindergarten and did about 5. I was overall pleased with the teachers and the school year, although YES.. most of staff is related it did not effect my children education or our personal lives. My children will be returning next year!

Posted May 5, 2011

My daughter began here last year in Pre-K ... I have had a few issues in regards to the behavior of OTHER students but they all seemed to have been addressed. Also, her Pre-K teacher, who seemed "out of touch" is no longer there. Problem resolved! My friend's son & my daughter are born a day apart. While in CCLA kindergarten, my daughter has learned how to read ... he is in public school and cannot read. His homework consists of tracing numbers & letters while my daughter is doing a variation of pre-algebra. While I do NOT have experience with public school education I can tell you my daughter's class has 12 students & my friend's son's class has 31 ~ That fact alone is enough to make the decision for me. ~~ In regards to all the teacher/staff being related or close knit ~ They treat my daughter & my family LIKE FAMILY! ~ EVERYONE affiliated with the school is given staff email addresses in order to help parents who have questions or issues ~ WE ARE HAPPY CCLA IS PART OF OUR LIVES!!!

Posted April 24, 2011

My children have gone to CCLA for several years and they love it, next year my daughter will be in an accelerated class. The students will learn at their own pace, which will give her the opportunity to excel and maybe even get some college classes while in high school, where was this program when I was in school?. This year they have expanded the sports program with volleyball teams and basketball teams. It is great to know while other schools including public schools are reducing their programs CCLA is expanding. I really love the fact that my children come home with Bible verses instead of swear words from public school. After hearing about the security issues at other schools I can rest easily because the parents all must check in and give a code to enter the school. They even have a supervised drop off and pick up right by the playground so the parent can deliver the children and not even get out of the car. The day at CCLA starts out with a pledge to the American flag, the Christian flag, the Bible and a Bible verse. My children are learning Christian values, morals, and character from a caring Christian staff, while no school is perfect we really love CCLA!

Posted April 19, 2011

Most of the teachers try their best, but education is not a priority at this school. They like to talk about how advanced their students are, but the curriculum isn't advanced at all. I have to agree with another parent who mentioned much of the staff is related and not much ever gets through to the principal.

Posted April 12, 2011

This is an Excellent school with a great group of Teachers! We also started attending Church at this school and we love it! We would highly recommend this school!

Posted March 21, 2011

I am so disappointed with this school. The school itself seems fine but is over-shadowed by my child's very poor teacher. The teacher is imature and unprofessional. The bigger problem is that the staff are all related in one way or another so the Dean is always defensive of the staff member so nothing ever improves. I feel the deeply intertwined personal relationships should have been disclosed prior to paying out a small fortune. I am paying private school rates and feel in exchange my child is receiving a terrible learning environment. The other parents that have the same teacher have expressed the same issues and problems but nothing gets resolved and the teacher continues to destroy the learning experience. Education is so important but it has been proven that kids learn better if they are having some enjoyment. Though it isn't supposed to be a party, a hostile, negative environment is not appropriate. When a child goes from loving to learn to absolutely hating it there is a problem!

Posted April 15, 2010

Because they have great community events for free and are lots of fun

Posted April 14, 2010

I am greatly pleased with this school, its staff, and the enviornment! My child is in the toddler program and my foster child is in the infant program. The teachers are very experienced and knowledgable~Our family loves CCLA!

Posted June 24, 2009

My son has been going there for 2 years and just finished pre-k. Ms. Carrie was awesome! I love this school, but unfortunately due to a job loss, I may have to put him in public kindegarten in the fall and I am dreading it! He is so advanced from attending CCLA, and I know he will be bored! I HIGHLY recommend this school!

Posted June 5, 2009

Hi there, I just would like to say that this school is amazing. My daughter has went there for 2 years. It is on the higher price schools but how can some one put a price on great learning. They learn the gift of god and the skills around that. I do have to say Ms, Roach the Kinder Garden Teacher. Is the top of the list in that school. She made my daughter learn and have a wonderful time at it, she looked forword to going to school.. The reason i gave a 4 star is because the 1st grade teacher my daughter was in did a leason about something i was not to happy with. I called her on it and she never talked to me again when i pick my daughter up. She told something pretty Morbid to the kids not cool. But that was the only thing.

Posted December 7, 2008

My daughter went to school for two years and she loved it. Wanted to get up and go every morning to see Ms. Shannon. She still misses going there. Great teacher and staff. My daughter is now in kindergarten in a different state and is way ahead of her reading.

Posted June 26, 2008

My children have just completed their first full year at CCLA (1 Pre-K and 1 3rd Grade) and we all love it! The staff (teachers & admin) truley care about the kids, their safety and education. My children have learned far more this past year than they would have in public school. As with any newer school, their are growing pains from time to time, but over all I would reccommend this school to anyone considering private school. The most important thing to me is my children's education, simply because you only get one shot at it! The small classs sizes has a huge impact on the one on one time the teachers get to spend with the children. My 3rd grader was doing good in public school, but he didn't have nearly the excitement about what he was learning in class as he did once he started at CCLA.

Posted May 23, 2008

I've had 3 children so far attend CCLA for Pre-K and will have my 4th child begin when he is 18 months. My children love the school, I love the school. They have learned so much even attending part time. I feel that my children are safe and happy there.

Posted April 22, 2008

My daughter has gone to this school since pre-school. They have an excellent school curriculum and the smaller classes (no more than 15-16) enable more one-on-one teaching and interaction. The kids are actually excited about learning, as the teachers strive to make it fun for them.

Posted February 20, 2008

CCLA is a great school where your child will be able to make genuine friendships with the other students there. As far as the curriculum, it is average most like any other school. I feel that the school needs to invest in more playground equipment for the preschool as well as the the elementary side. At times, the administration is sometimes not in the best of moods (it usually shows on her face) but the teachers seems to care about the students. I would like more chapel time in the school.

Posted July 9, 2006

CCLA is a quality school and has an exceptional program. The teachers genuinely care about the children there. I don't worry about my daughter when she is there because their security is top-notch. I recommend CCLA to everyone I meet.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Cinde Rivera
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Assemblies of God
Fax number
  • (702) 655-2932

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

Music
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom