PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

"The mission of CCLA is to provide students with an exceptional education that is builit upon a solid, biblical foundation in a Christ-centered environment to prepare them for a successful life that glorifies God." God has given different abilities to each student. Our staff will take responsibility to stimulate and challenge each individual student according to his/her ability while seeking to develop the student's full potential.
February 13, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

They were for the 2016-2017. However, I believe this school will have a completely new staff and weak administration due to the low retention of previous students all in thanks to a financial crisis that was not dealt with appropriately.

I have two children in the Preschool and one in Elementary. CCLA's former Principal and Preschool Director left back in December, and I'll say that we considered leaving after that happened and after the Town Hall meeting w/ the Pastor provided no real information. A friend encouraged us to wait it out, so we did and I'm glad we did! The Pastor stepped in as Principal and while we didn't interact w/ him much, he seemed to be holding up the school as much as possible w/ the Assistant Principal who is also a teacher. The Assistant Director for the preschool did a great job keeping the preschool together and teaching her classroom despite being in a high risk pregnancy and was even attached to a medication pump due to an illness in the pregnancy. They hired a preschool Director a few weeks ago and the changes on the Preschool side are really shining through already. My husband or I drop off our kids in one classroom in the morning (drop off room) and pick up in their actual classrooms at the end of the day and the classrooms are looking incredible. We spoke with the new Director last week and she is going to contribute so much to the school. She has implemented a no cell phone policy which was something we were very pleased with as we often, unfortunately, saw teachers on their cells not paying full attention to the kids. It's starting to look like a real Preschool there where the teachers are taken seriously and the kids are benefiting from the changes. We have registered for next year for all 3 kids and cannot wait to see where this school is headed if it continues in the way that it is!

My children have been attending the school for 6 years, the education is advanced curriculum and the children's intelligence is proof. I have continued to keep my children there through a few administrators, like all changes, it's all temporary and has not affected my children. I am fortunate to be apart of such a wonderful school.

Our child is attending preschool at Calvary Christian Learning Academy. They have recently hired a new Preschool Director who is taking such time and care with each classroom, ensuring its safety and loving, learning environment. We are loving the positive changes. The Pastor has also been available at any time to answer questions and address concerns. We are confident in the administration and direction this school is heading and more than happy with our children at this school.

Up until a few months ago, this school was amazing. Unfortunately, after the Principle, Director, and Receptionist resigned in December they have been on a downward spiral. The staff seems to be unsupported by the new administration and it shows in their attitudes. All though we love the teachers we will be finding a new school fast!

Develops character: Agree

The teachers do a great job of this. Now, if only the Church Administration and it's family members could do the same!

CCLA hit a rough road a few months ago but the commitment the teachers and staff have had to the school has been the reason we have stayed. The way administration and staff kept going and pushing to maintain a positive outlook was all we needed to see to realize we were going to stay. As parents to children in their preschool and elementary side, we are very happy in the direction Calvary looks like they're heading. Everything happens for a reason and we have faith things will only go up from here.

This will be my kids third year going to this school. We have had a 100% positive experience here. The teachers and staff are the most caring, kind and devoted people. They all truly care about the children. The class sizes are all small, the teachers really get to know the students. My kids have loved every year here. You will not find a group of people that care more about your kids and their education than the people here! Go take a tour and see for yourself!!

I have worked in this school since the beginning of this school year and am so excited to continue for another year. Our Preschool Director is amazing along with the Principal of the school. Both women not only highly care about the children, but the staff as well. We are treated with respect and any issues are quickly dealt with. I love coming to work everyday and miss the kids during the weekend and breaks. I can't even imagine working anywhere else.

As the principal of CCLA it is my job to monitor social media websites to ensure CCLA is presented in the most positive and truthful light. It is therefore my responsibility to ensure the public receives the most accurate information possible. It came across in one of the comments below that our music teacher is 19 years old and has no training in the field. Our music teacher is 23 years old and has either been taking classes, training or performing on the piano or singing since she was a young child. Our Christmas and Spring Musicals speak for themselves regarding our music program. Secondly, 18 of the 21 students enrolled in our kindergarten class are students who attended our preschool. Last year, kindergarten students as a class scored 92.5% better than students who took the Terra Nova test at the same time of year as other students who took the same test on the NATIONAL level. I respect and consider everyone's stated opinion whether it is positive or negative, if you are a parent considering attending CCLA, please visit our website or tour the school for the most accurate information possible.

Last modified Calvary Christian Learning Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8