Posted August 21, 2014
My son and daughter both go to this school and they absolutely love it , and my niece ,who is a freshman is going here as well because she heard how great this school is

Posted April 26, 2014
Las Vegas High School is wonderful! The principal, Debbie Brockett supports all programs. You will often see her sitting on the bleachers with parents cheering the football team on...she also attends fine art functions like the choir concerts. Janet Tyler is the best choir teacher in Vegas as far as we are concerned. She taught three of our children and was their favorite teacher! She has a great impact on her students!

Las Vegas High School 1

Posted August 20, 2013
I am a student here and the academic quality of this school sucks. I do like some of the teachers who teach well but the majority of the teachers don't care about the students. The teachers here are like "Oh that kid is sleeping? It's their problem now. or That kid just insulted me...better let him stay here and continue disrupting the class. I am a freshman, but now going to be a sophmore and I can't stress out enough about how your grade will get you bullied. Most of the seniors look down on the lower classman, but I have friends at ECTA who say everyone is treated as if they were the same age. This a sports-oriented school, they use more money for equipment rather than hiring better teachers. The student council is also rigged, since the principal's daughter always gets the title of President, no matter how many people vote for someone different. Like in one of the reviews here, they are biased to the whites. I am probably the only one who cares about my education in most of my classes. I have straight A's all throughout freshman year. The classes are easy, and we don't have to take semester exams if we have good grades. I wish we did because I need to study for something!

Posted October 04, 2009
Las Vegas has a variety of opportunities and te faculty and staff create a very welcome enviroment

Posted April 08, 2009
As an alumni from Las Vegas High School, I can merit the tremendous amount of effort, energy and intellect that the school is a part of. There is no dout that the 'Great Schools Rating' is based off of test results. However, we do need to take into account the enrollment of students. There are many latins, non-english speakers, who unfortunately, despite their admiring efforts, will have low test scores. This is not taken into account in the 'Great Schools' rating. Nonetheless, the actual fact is that Las Vegas High School has been, and is still considered by the community, and the District, a superior secondary education option. My suggestion that anyone concerned or interested in the actual status of this school, get aquainted with the faculty and staff. Its beyond a doubt that there you will find what Las Vegas High School is truly about. Spirit, Effort, and Excellence

Las Vegas High School 4

Posted March 19, 2009

Posted January 16, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009

Las Vegas High School 4

Posted November 16, 2008
Las Vegas High School is a pretty good school. There's a large amount of school spirit, and for the most part students there tend to be friendly (albeit there are cliques like in most other schools). Teachers are usually helpful and do the best to assist kids. The counselors are especially good at making sure each student gets the attention they need. The sports and extracurricular programs are pretty wonderful as well. As a senior this year, I've really enjoyed my time at LVHS.

Posted November 14, 2008

Las Vegas High School
6500 East Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89142
Last modified Las Vegas High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Vegas High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top