Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I love this school! I fought for my son to go back to L Dearing ES when they transferred him out for staffing reasons because he was in the Child Find program. Everyone there is so kind and the front staff is always working hard but always pleasant when anyone walks in. The teachers there are awesome! I can tell a lot of them are overworked but they do an awesome job getting the kids together and keeping the school spirit alive :) The principle is willing to take chances and try new things to help out the school. The vice principle is... okay :-)

The front staff is always smiling and made my child's transition into his new school a fun and exciting one. They were great . the teacher he has is awesome and is always willing to communicate with me.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The staff is ridiculous! They are not looking out for the children, they don't care about children being bullied and their teachers will lie straight to your face and not even bat an eye!

I Don't Like It At All. I Really Think They Need To Switch From Track To Regular School! Kids Spend More Time Out Of School Then They Do In School! Smh! I feel Like My Kids Are Wasting There Time Here. They Eat Too Many Fatty Foods. They Always Have Cookies And Donutes And Candy. They Don't Carr About Obesity. I Can't Wait To Move Out Of This Area.

This school is horrible. Awful testing scores. Awful communication. this school has no care for any of the children they let anyone come pick your kid up with out even checking to see if that person is even allowed to do so. They never send home news letters. They don't care about attendance. All around just a very poor school!

I enrolled my son in this school for the last two years and it progressively got worse each time. I had no other school in my area to take him to that was within walking distance, so I was forced to take him there. It was the biggest mistake of my life. My son suffers from anxiety and a small version of asbergers. They put him in special classes to help him out and it was a complete disaster. He didn't get the help he needed and he was even worse when he came home than when he went to school. He was very uncomfortable with his teacher as he would yell at him and make him seem like he couldn't do anything right. He was very afraid to go to recess and lunch time as kids would spit,hit and throw his lunch on the ground. The teachers did nothing and allowed it to continue until I finally got it out of my son of what was going on and went to the principal and the superintendent, They were making me feel as if I was in the wrong for protecting my son. I did not like this at all. Although he was not happy in this school, I can say the only teachers he did like were his Spanish teacher and his speech pathologist. They seemed like the only caring teachers and staff in the whole school.

Our school is great, teachers who really care about teaching our children. Could use some funding for supplies. Over all good school, strong community background history.

Under the direction of Principal McCullough the school has a hostile and unproductive work environment with little to no direction, development, and support given to teachers which is not conducive to optimal (or even basic) learning for the students. The school was only interested in passing the state tests, of which they are substandard.

My son was enrolled for a special ed class, and we felt like we were BOTHERING people when we got a tour. His teacher not only yells at him a lot but does so in front of me, and in front of my relatives. I was never told if he was making friends or if he was happy, just whenever he is being autistically disruptive. It makes me feel like she is NOT qualified to deal with special needs kids, especially since most of what I hear is her complaining. I also get (technically) SPAM calls very late in the evening--reminders of __ day being no school seems okay, if the auto-dialer is EARLIER, but I don't appreciate things like being told of a school shopping event at ___ or anything else. You are NOT allowed past the office without making an appointment with the teacher to go to that class, which has made me incredibly frustrated that I couldn't walk my son to class on his first day. I'm also unhappy that the staff (save a few people in the office) aren't very helpful at all. Don't even get me started on the ring-around-the-rosie for a few weeks I had to do to apply for free lunches. Apparently nobody knows how to do their job when it comes to things like that.

I recently enrolled my son there and when it came time for the orientation I was very dissapointed... We didnt get a tour or were we able to meet the teacher. Every other orientation I have been to has been fully staffed, so you could meet everyone. I have never been to any kind of orientation without a tour... Kind of concerned about my son going to school here.

Last modified Laura Dearing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.