Posted June 06, 2014
This school is horrible. Awful testing scores. Awful communication. this school has no care for any of the children they let anyone come pick your kid up with out even checking to see if that person is even allowed to do so. They never send home news letters. They don't care about attendance. All around just a very poor school!

Laura Dearing Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2013
Our school is great, teachers who really care about teaching our children. Could use some funding for supplies. Over all good school, strong community background history.

Posted January 23, 2013
My son was enrolled for a special ed class, and we felt like we were BOTHERING people when we got a tour. His teacher not only yells at him a lot but does so in front of me, and in front of my relatives. I was never told if he was making friends or if he was happy, just whenever he is being autistically disruptive. It makes me feel like she is NOT qualified to deal with special needs kids, especially since most of what I hear is her complaining. I also get (technically) SPAM calls very late in the evening--reminders of __ day being no school seems okay, if the auto-dialer is EARLIER, but I don't appreciate things like being told of a school shopping event at ___ or anything else. You are NOT allowed past the office without making an appointment with the teacher to go to that class, which has made me incredibly frustrated that I couldn't walk my son to class on his first day. I'm also unhappy that the staff (save a few people in the office) aren't very helpful at all. Don't even get me started on the ring-around-the-rosie for a few weeks I had to do to apply for free lunches. Apparently nobody knows how to do their job when it comes to things like that.

Posted August 20, 2012
I recently enrolled my son there and when it came time for the orientation I was very dissapointed... We didnt get a tour or were we able to meet the teacher. Every other orientation I have been to has been fully staffed, so you could meet everyone. I have never been to any kind of orientation without a tour... Kind of concerned about my son going to school here.

Posted June 27, 2010
this school has no care for its students and allot of the staff is so rude that the minute you come in contact with any of them you are bothering them.

Laura Dearing Elementary School 5

Posted March 08, 2010

Laura Dearing Elementary School 0

Posted January 28, 2008
My daughters went there and it was a great school

Posted January 03, 2008

Laura Dearing Elementary School 5

Posted January 02, 2008

Laura Dearing Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2007

Laura Dearing Elementary School
3046 South Ferndale, Las Vegas, NV  89121
Last modified Laura Dearing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laura Dearing Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top