Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Laura Dearing Elementary School 4

Posted March 15, 2016
I love this school! I fought for my son to go back to L Dearing ES when they transferred him out for staffing reasons because he was in the Child Find program. Everyone there is so kind and the front staff is always working hard but always pleasant when anyone walks in. The teachers there are awesome! I can tell a lot of them are overworked but they do an awesome job getting the kids together and keeping the school spirit alive :) The principle is willing to take chances and try new things to help out the school. The vice principle is... okay :-)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 10, 2015
To the office staff and my sons teacher . they have been great . I have yet to meet the principal.

Laura Dearing Elementary School 5

Posted December 10, 2015
The front staff is always smiling and made my child's transition into his new school a fun and exciting one. They were great . the teacher he has is awesome and is always willing to communicate with me.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted December 10, 2015
The school is in a tough neighborhood so there's a tough crowd of parents and kids. There are also many bright kids and I have seen the school improving over the past couple years. The front office staff is all new and they're always smiling and willing to help. They don't make you feel like you're bugging. The teachers do the best they can with the kids. They're great and are always willing to help with making sure my child was reaching his potential. Overall its a good school but can use a lot of help from the community.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 24, 2015
The staff is ridiculous! They are not looking out for the children, they don't care about children being bullied and their teachers will lie straight to your face and not even bat an eye!

Posted May 15, 2015
I Don't Like It At All. I Really Think They Need To Switch From Track To Regular School! Kids Spend More Time Out Of School Then They Do In School! Smh! I feel Like My Kids Are Wasting There Time Here. They Eat Too Many Fatty Foods. They Always Have Cookies And Donutes And Candy. They Don't Carr About Obesity. I Can't Wait To Move Out Of This Area.

Posted June 06, 2014
This school is horrible. Awful testing scores. Awful communication. this school has no care for any of the children they let anyone come pick your kid up with out even checking to see if that person is even allowed to do so. They never send home news letters. They don't care about attendance. All around just a very poor school!

Posted August 19, 2013
I enrolled my son in this school for the last two years and it progressively got worse each time. I had no other school in my area to take him to that was within walking distance, so I was forced to take him there. It was the biggest mistake of my life. My son suffers from anxiety and a small version of asbergers. They put him in special classes to help him out and it was a complete disaster. He didn't get the help he needed and he was even worse when he came home than when he went to school. He was very uncomfortable with his teacher as he would yell at him and make him seem like he couldn't do anything right. He was very afraid to go to recess and lunch time as kids would spit,hit and throw his lunch on the ground. The teachers did nothing and allowed it to continue until I finally got it out of my son of what was going on and went to the principal and the superintendent, They were making me feel as if I was in the wrong for protecting my son. I did not like this at all. Although he was not happy in this school, I can say the only teachers he did like were his Spanish teacher and his speech pathologist. They seemed like the only caring teachers and staff in the whole school.

Laura Dearing Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2013
Our school is great, teachers who really care about teaching our children. Could use some funding for supplies. Over all good school, strong community background history.

Posted July 26, 2013
Under the direction of Principal McCullough the school has a hostile and unproductive work environment with little to no direction, development, and support given to teachers which is not conducive to optimal (or even basic) learning for the students. The school was only interested in passing the state tests, of which they are substandard.

3046 South Ferndale, Las Vegas, NV  89121
Last modified Laura Dearing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.