No rating

Word Of Life Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 252 students

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $124,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted May 15, 2009

The preschool is GREAT! The teacher's are fun, loving, Christian, and very dedicated. The students are always happy and they learn the ABEKA curriculumn and is a very advanced curriculmn. The 3 year olds are in well advanced some are even in a Kindergarten level and the four year olds are reading, doing simple addition!! If you have a 3 or 4 year old child go to WLCA Preschool. your child will be loved, and will learn a lot!!

Posted March 18, 2009

This School Is a great place for your child if they love to be challenged. I admit that some things at the school need to be fixed,but at the same time,I understand the school is very young and it will take some time to make things perfect. I attended this school for fifth grade, sixth grade, eighth grade, and tenth grade so I know what I'm talking about! There have been good times and hard times, there have been times when I hated attending and times when I absolutely loved going. The curriculum is pretty tough, but the teachers who work there can help your child succeed. The Bible is always taught and practiced on the daily-that was what I enjoyed the most in my years attending- so this is the school for you if you want your child to be taught Godly principles. Great school I recommend it!
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 16, 2009

My friend goes to the high school and he alway talks about how much fun he has. I would also like to attend.

Posted February 17, 2009

Excellent school with small class sizes. Bible study is emphasized. They have a great new science teacher this year. And it's not as pricey as some of the others.

Posted February 14, 2009

I am very pleased with WLCA my son has learned so much this year and he is very challenged,, I do wish they had better play ground equipment and pick up and drop off is a little crazy in the mornings..

Posted January 29, 2009

very disappointe school !!! no challenging , no chance to get student developing...a lot of children left now....poor school

Posted November 6, 2008

this is the worst school please do me a favor and do not send your kid there if u dont want them to go home crying! all the kids there spread rumors about each other i mean which school doesnt but with a middle school plus high school is just 50 kids u have no social life! a high schoolers cant play any sports all they do is class and leave nothing for them. and if some one tells a lie about your kid the principle and vp will have a meeting with them and ur kid will just get in trouble because the will take the other kids word and ur child will have no say so just do ur child a favor and let them have a social life send them to a better school with things to do. please
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 19, 2008

My children have been attending WLCA since kindergarten and by the 2nd grade they were already writing in cursive and I've noticed WLCA is atleast 2 years or more ahead of public schools.

Posted June 27, 2008

What a loving and caring environment! The students are the #1 priority at WLCA. The curriculum challenges my child to do over and above. The teachers and staff are like family and welcomes new families, without fail. I must mention that the school campus is very, very clean. We are excited for another school year at WLCA!

Posted June 21, 2008

Nice Schoool.:] my kids loved it!

Posted June 2, 2008

My oldest son just completed Kindergarten. At the end of this year he can read, do basic fractions, and tell time, and count money. Excellent job with challenging him. The teachers were loving, the cirriculum was challenging, and the school atmosphere and staff were excellent.

Posted May 6, 2008

Somewhat disappointed this year with middle school program. My child hates going to school and is looking forward to the very last day.

Posted April 30, 2008

Ended up pulling my child. I agree with other poster, middle school set up is not good. One teacher for two grades? Son was failing even though he'd always gotten A's & B's elsewhere. He's back to getting good grades again.

Posted March 26, 2008

My children have attended Word of Life for the past 3 years, and we love it here! The principal is so loving and fun, and the teachers show a genuine love and concern for the students. The environment is nurturing and the curriculum is challenging. I know my children are getting an excellent education in an environment which reflects my own views and convictions.

Posted February 21, 2008

The school is now Pre-K thru 12 now. Very disappointed with the school this year. Elementary school was excellent, but Junior High so far has been a disaster. Teacher seems overwhelmed and students seem very confused. Teacher turn around is very high. No lunch program and limited extra curricular activities.

Posted September 4, 2007

My daughter has never been so happy to go somewhere and she is only 3... Most kids love going anywhere period.. Well she looks forward to going to school everyday and on the weekends she still wants to go... So as a parent what more can I say I love it... Thanks again.

Posted July 31, 2007

Alot of Teachers leave. Tremendous costs for every little item. Lunch program is terrible.

Posted June 19, 2006

My twins are in kindergarten with Ms. Foster and she has done an excellent job teaching my girls how to read, add/subtract, phonics, etc.. I am really impressed with my girls' achievements and I have nothing but kudos for my kids, Ms. Foster and WLCA.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 6%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3520 North Buffalo Drive