Posted July 31, 2014
As a parent, I am completely satisfied with the quality of education and care at WLCA. The price is reasonable. I paid 475 a month for my kinder. I paid 850 per month for montessori pre-k and this educational structure produced better results. The security at this institution is top notch. Video cameras, photo security badges, guest passes, locked classrooms, locked hallways, etc. In a post Sandy Hook world, this is a necessity. Teachers that instill confidence that ignite the flame of a child's will to learn. The introduction of robotics at kindergarten. A service oriented community and school. Ethnically diverse with an emphasis on intercultural communication. As a former GATE/IB student in the Northern California public school system with a spouse from a private Catholic school background, this institution beats both schools hands down, based on our experience. Read as many of these reviews as you can. However, I implore you to visit the school, meet the staff and decide for yourself. You will not be disappointed.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 23, 2013
The principle is awesome, the staff in the office is unbelievably helpful in every sense and aspect. My child has been there going on 5th year from the Pre K program. The school has a lot to offer and is getting bigger and better every year. They are growing and have their share of growing pains, that is for sure. Over all, ALL the teachers, assistants and Principle seem to care a lot about each child. They base grades and teaching not only academically, biblically but in behavior. The school is very big on behavior of children as they are on the academics and Bible. My daughter is stressed over the HW but she is doing excellent and loves it there. That is what matters most. Being the school is small and family like, it has welcomed groups to form with gossip and shunning of others (Parents). As long as it doesnt affect my children, its a small issue to have to deal with. I only care about the kids and the feeling of belonging and thats exactly how they feel. I have witnessed in Chapel to not shun each other and to treat each other with respect. That is what i love most. So many issues today with kids and bullying. This school does NOT tolerate it. Amen

Word Of Life Christian Academy 2

Posted August 02, 2013
Word of Life Christian Academy. The school is poorly ran/monitored. The administration staff have a lack of interpersonal skills, a lack of empathy and companion for their negligence. My child had an IEP from his previous school-the message was never relayed to the teachers, causing him to receive failing grades. I was informed that the message was relayed from start but how funny, the next school year, they asked me to request the records from his previous school because they never were retrieved. Someone apparently lied!!! All in All, it's very frustrating and all they can say is, " I apologize or I m sorry". Or depending on who calls you or answer your call the response maybe, "Well I apologize-what more do you want me to do, I need this know, or your child can't return!". Without saying, "I ll look into this or will follow up on this-that's what you get. Leaving you feeling like you're a nuisance and should have never questioned their negligence. The school does not mirror the church. On the other hand, the teachers are awesome and the principles are welcoming women who represents Christ well.

Posted February 03, 2013
I have been able to see both sides. My step-daughter attends a public school close to my other two children who attend WOLCA. While no school is perfect, WOLCA is the far better choice. My 7 year old is teaching 10 year old daughter how to spell "White", and my step-daughter is in GATE program at the local public school! When I went through my divorce, the Principle made time in her busy schedule to have lunch with my son, to pray with him and ask him how he was doing. As early as Kinder, my son was taking Computer and Spanish class! WOW! Now that my son is in the 5th grade, he is already working on geometry where as his step-sister (same grade) is still doing basic fractions! Public schools "no child left behind" is great for some but can hinder others. WOLCA has assisted every child to rise above, from what I have seen.

Posted February 02, 2013
All schools have issues that we as parents would like to change, but for the past 6 years I have seen more positive then negative at WLCA. As with any school, you have devoted staff and those that are the 9 to 5 only type. WLCA has more of the devoted than not. I only have experience with the elementary K-5. You have teachers that you absolutely love and those that you don't care for, but if you ask another parent they are opposite of you. As with any school, personalities are different. I haven't had a school year that my student did not grow in knowledge and God. There are some years that are more fun than others for hiim, as the case with all schools. I feel blessed to have found a school that I feel good about. My son hears and speaks about the Lord without fear. Right and wrong are not blurred at WLCA. The school does need a new home due to growth. It's difficult to have a church and school together. There is a us and them battle when the two are combined at any Christian school. Even with needing a new home for K-12, it's truly a school that becomes a family to you. Your childern are loved and grow up with an extended group of people that only want the best for them.

Posted September 30, 2012
This is a review of the elementary program. Having worked closely with this schools administration and also with having a relative as a public school teacher I feel I have a unique perspective to compare the public vs private school environment. I have several children at WLCA and over the past 6 years I commend their elementary program. 1. It's a Christian curriculum and God is at the forefront of their beliefs. They begin everyday in prayer, have weekly chapel, and teach biblical principals. 2. The elementary staff is well trained, accredited, and chosen not only for their teaching skills, but also their faith. 3. The curriculum is challenging and on par leaning to exceeding the CCSD curriculum. Examples of my children's experiences: preschoolers learn to read, 1st learned cursive writing, monetary math; 2nd grade multiplication/division; 3rd grade book reporting, creative writing; 5th grade historical geography, and pre algebra. 4. Multiple field trips a year. The school does have opportunities to improve its play area, and further expand its sports, and consolidate fees, but I am very pleased with the education they have received so far.

Posted August 01, 2012
We've had our son here for 2 years - going on his 3rd year. It is a Christian school running the Abeka curriculum which is what we wanted. Some of the other reviews I've read were either posted 3 years ago or were posted by the same person or BOTH! In either case, yes, not a perfect school - dangerous blacktop playground WITH NO FENCE! This needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. Teachers are ok, I gave them 3 out of 5 stars. Its a Christian based school so we expect Bible teaching and Chapel along with Math, English, Science, etc so our child can be well rounded. Our boy is WAY ahead of our friends' kids who are in public schools I believe, BECAUSE of the the well-rounded approach and the fact that he doesn't need to go to school in a bullet proof vest or deal with the indoctrination of political correctness being handed out in public school classrooms. The price is fair - all private schools hit you for money for EVERYthing - c.f. First Lutheran, Bishop Gorman, etc. - overall a good school and we recommend it to anyone and everyone seeking to give their child a well-rounded education

Word Of Life Christian Academy 1

Posted July 12, 2012
Before considering this school perform your due diligence and vet the staff and policies. A majority of the staff is not certified to teach and several lack degrees by an accredited institution. The administration is more concerned with gouging the parents and students for cash than providing a well rounded and challenging curriculum. The faculty turnover rate is dramatic and announcement of new teachers and their qualifications are not provided to parents. I challenge anyone to contact the teachers and administration via the e-mail addresses provided. Your e-mails will NOT be answered. This school claims they teach excellence yet the curriculum is "Watered down" as a teacher actually admitted. The LOL detention policy is in place not to discipline wayward students but rather to pad the coffers of the school. I urge you to seriously review this school, speak with the administrators and review the credentials of the staff before considering this as an appropriate learning institution for your children.

Posted February 23, 2012
They have a really good science teacher but beyond him the teachers are just ok. But its a caring school and a good christian enviroment. and they have nice weekly chapel's. Def better than public schools.

Posted February 13, 2012
Wlca is the best school in the world. My children have been attending this school for eight years. Some of the comments below do not truly reflect the character of the school, nor the vision of the founder. The school is not perfect; you will never find a perfect school. However, it's better than most. Your children will be surrounded by good influences. Principal Marchello is a wonderful, godly woman who leads our school with excellence. The school showcases a wide variety of teachers who are well equipped to teach your child the academics he or she needs in order to be successful. If you're looking for a great school, WLCA is the place for your child.

Word Of Life Christian Academy
3520 North Buffalo Drive, Las Vegas, NV  89129
Last modified Word Of Life Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Word Of Life Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top