PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Even the principal's daughter-in-law defected to teach at a public school, and her grandchildren left for public schools too. Would you attend a school where even the principal and many staffers won't send their own families?

The staff send their kids to public schools, at least half do. That says everything about how poor this school is.

They never retain good talent. Their best teacher, who taught math, quit with one month left in the year. No explanation. He was the one teacher the kids learned from, he probably got fed up with the incompetent office. The replacement has a heavy accent thats hard to understand and is just a sub. Rest of the teachers are average or sub-par. Time to take my kids out of this sinking ship.

I love the school my son goes to,but most of all when he wakes up in the morning for school, he is excited to go. Right now our classes are not too large. Because of this if there is a subject the kids are not grasping their teacher takes the time to go over the lesson more. The principle and the the teachers really do care about you and they are genuine. My son has been coming to this school since he was in preschool. Is the school perfect? No, what school is ? But the principle is always looking for better ways to make our school the best we can be.

As a parent, I am completely satisfied with the quality of education and care at WLCA. The price is reasonable. I paid 475 a month for my kinder. I paid 850 per month for montessori pre-k and this educational structure produced better results. The security at this institution is top notch. Video cameras, photo security badges, guest passes, locked classrooms, locked hallways, etc. In a post Sandy Hook world, this is a necessity. Teachers that instill confidence that ignite the flame of a child's will to learn. The introduction of robotics at kindergarten. A service oriented community and school. Ethnically diverse with an emphasis on intercultural communication. As a former GATE/IB student in the Northern California public school system with a spouse from a private Catholic school background, this institution beats both schools hands down, based on our experience. Read as many of these reviews as you can. However, I implore you to visit the school, meet the staff and decide for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

The principle is awesome, the staff in the office is unbelievably helpful in every sense and aspect. My child has been there going on 5th year from the Pre K program. The school has a lot to offer and is getting bigger and better every year. They are growing and have their share of growing pains, that is for sure. Over all, ALL the teachers, assistants and Principle seem to care a lot about each child. They base grades and teaching not only academically, biblically but in behavior. The school is very big on behavior of children as they are on the academics and Bible. My daughter is stressed over the HW but she is doing excellent and loves it there. That is what matters most. Being the school is small and family like, it has welcomed groups to form with gossip and shunning of others (Parents). As long as it doesnt affect my children, its a small issue to have to deal with. I only care about the kids and the feeling of belonging and thats exactly how they feel. I have witnessed in Chapel to not shun each other and to treat each other with respect. That is what i love most. So many issues today with kids and bullying. This school does NOT tolerate it. Amen

Word of Life Christian Academy. The school is poorly ran/monitored. The administration staff have a lack of interpersonal skills, a lack of empathy and companion for their negligence. My child had an IEP from his previous school-the message was never relayed to the teachers, causing him to receive failing grades. I was informed that the message was relayed from start but how funny, the next school year, they asked me to request the records from his previous school because they never were retrieved. Someone apparently lied!!! All in All, it's very frustrating and all they can say is, " I apologize or I m sorry". Or depending on who calls you or answer your call the response maybe, "Well I apologize-what more do you want me to do, I need this know, or your child can't return!". Without saying, "I ll look into this or will follow up on this-that's what you get. Leaving you feeling like you're a nuisance and should have never questioned their negligence. The school does not mirror the church. On the other hand, the teachers are awesome and the principles are welcoming women who represents Christ well.

I have been able to see both sides. My step-daughter attends a public school close to my other two children who attend WOLCA. While no school is perfect, WOLCA is the far better choice. My 7 year old is teaching 10 year old daughter how to spell "White", and my step-daughter is in GATE program at the local public school! When I went through my divorce, the Principle made time in her busy schedule to have lunch with my son, to pray with him and ask him how he was doing. As early as Kinder, my son was taking Computer and Spanish class! WOW! Now that my son is in the 5th grade, he is already working on geometry where as his step-sister (same grade) is still doing basic fractions! Public schools "no child left behind" is great for some but can hinder others. WOLCA has assisted every child to rise above, from what I have seen.

All schools have issues that we as parents would like to change, but for the past 6 years I have seen more positive then negative at WLCA. As with any school, you have devoted staff and those that are the 9 to 5 only type. WLCA has more of the devoted than not. I only have experience with the elementary K-5. You have teachers that you absolutely love and those that you don't care for, but if you ask another parent they are opposite of you. As with any school, personalities are different. I haven't had a school year that my student did not grow in knowledge and God. There are some years that are more fun than others for hiim, as the case with all schools. I feel blessed to have found a school that I feel good about. My son hears and speaks about the Lord without fear. Right and wrong are not blurred at WLCA. The school does need a new home due to growth. It's difficult to have a church and school together. There is a us and them battle when the two are combined at any Christian school. Even with needing a new home for K-12, it's truly a school that becomes a family to you. Your childern are loved and grow up with an extended group of people that only want the best for them.

This is a review of the elementary program. Having worked closely with this schools administration and also with having a relative as a public school teacher I feel I have a unique perspective to compare the public vs private school environment. I have several children at WLCA and over the past 6 years I commend their elementary program. 1. It's a Christian curriculum and God is at the forefront of their beliefs. They begin everyday in prayer, have weekly chapel, and teach biblical principals. 2. The elementary staff is well trained, accredited, and chosen not only for their teaching skills, but also their faith. 3. The curriculum is challenging and on par leaning to exceeding the CCSD curriculum. Examples of my children's experiences: preschoolers learn to read, 1st learned cursive writing, monetary math; 2nd grade multiplication/division; 3rd grade book reporting, creative writing; 5th grade historical geography, and pre algebra. 4. Multiple field trips a year. The school does have opportunities to improve its play area, and further expand its sports, and consolidate fees, but I am very pleased with the education they have received so far.

Last modified Word Of Life Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12