Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 27, 2016
Ive seen many of the teachers go out of their way to make sure every child is involved, learning, and still enjoying themselves. Ms Hopkins (K) is inventive, coming up with creative ways to keep the children excited about learning. Everyday she shows up with a positive attitude, and the kids respond so well. I'm surprised by amount my son has learned just from half a year in her class.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 27, 2016
They are rewarded for helping each other out, and friendship is highly emphasized. They are taught very young about the damage bullys can inflict, and i taught to show courtesy to everyone.

Lewis E Rowe Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2015
They seem lost at times. They don't have enough people. Some teachers seem do demanding

Posted May 25, 2015
The teachers at Rowe Elementary School are amazing! The 2014-2015 school year brought big change with a new principal, new assistant principal, and a new staff. They hosted a Fiesta with a real mariachi band! They also hosted a Fall Carnival, Spring Carnival, several family nights, and a 50th Anniversary Celebration. The students are making great progress, the whole staff appears happy, and the parents are finally part of the school community. I am so happy for the new programs they are starting and I'm so happy with the new administration and the positive change they are bringing back to the school.

Lewis E Rowe Elementary School 3

Posted April 08, 2015
My son is currently a 3rd grader here. I'm originally from NJ. When I moved to Las Vegas, I'd heard and read all that said that the school systems are horrible. But I can attest to only what I've experienced. This school is not a bad school. But parent involvement is at a very minimum. I believe that a teacher cannot and will not be able to teach a child alone. In NJ, a child can pass with little to no involvement from parents. Out here it's a very different story. My son loves his school and his teacher! His teacher is awesome! He's brought the best out of my son by working as closely as he can given the size of his class. And if I have a question, he's always available to answer them. Now, there are some "character students," that seem unmanageable, but that's not the fault of the staff. Given that Las Vegas is a "Transient" city, there are characters coming and going all the time. And there are parents who don't discipline and instill good core values like respect. The school is going through a change, with new staff and the district's new method of tracking grades, but I don't think that's a negative. All in all Iike this school more than I expected!

Posted August 14, 2014
All my children has gone to this school. Now only 2 of them go. The oldest one is about to go to 5th grade, all of her teachers except her 1st grade teachers treated her right and fair. Yet all those reviews arent true! I was reading all those reviews until I got to this one which said 'The teachers only cared about how good looking the class or students looked' but it wasnt true. I asked my daughter how was her school and she said that they started a be kind thing for teachers and students. If they be caught they would be called up to the office to get their prize! Im not sure if those reviews are even from actual parents or teachers, because all of the facts in the reviews arent true. Im starting to think those reviews are from a different school trying to get more students!

Posted April 14, 2014
Awful administration cares more about looking good and placating parents than education or safety. Entire staff left last year, Principal hired staff of newbies she could bully. Staff is forced to use programs that don't work, then bullied and threatened when test scores don't go up. No tech person, teachers told to set up all technology on their own time with no training. No librarian. No counselor. Teachers told to deal with violent students with no help except for shuffling student from class to class. Scary place.

Posted July 02, 2013
I loved this school with all my heart i am a middle school student who went to Lewis E. Rowe from kindergarten to 5th grade. I loved the teachers and i sometimes go after school to visit and see how it is going. I had staight A's through my life so far and Rowe has helped me learn so much. I was in the T.A.G.S. program which stands for Talented And Gifted Students and that helped me show how smart i can be T.A.G.S. is a great way to learn extra and study for the next grade and so forth. because of Rowe I now take advanced classes for almost anything and is going to take honors classes in high school. Thank you for listening

Posted June 19, 2013
Bad school the told me 2 days before school year end that they were going to retain my kindergarten Daughter I'm trying to get help if there someting I cand do.,

Posted May 26, 2013
I was surprised to see so many good reviews at first, but then it made sense when I noticed that the last time anyone posted one was 2010. This was a great school a few years ago whe it was a positive caring environment. This is no longer a people-friendly school. The only thing that is important is test data. It is a poor learning environment for students as well as a poor working environment for the staff. There is also lots of bullying, and students not treating eachother with respect. Do not believe CCSD's anti-bullying hype. It does not apply at this school, and I suspect it is the same at many others. There are no significant consequences for this behavior. The majority of students and parents are unhappy with the way things have become at this school, as is nearly the whole staff. About half of the teachers are leaving, so there will be a lot of new faces next year. I wish them a lot of luck.

4338 South Bruce St, Las Vegas, NV  89119
Last modified Lewis E Rowe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.