No rating

Montessori Visions Academy

Private | PK-8 | 53 students

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $95,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Posted February 20, 2014

Lovely place for any child. Quality education with a big heart. The staff is caring and they truly implement Maria Montessori's teaching philosophy. We love it here.

Posted November 21, 2012

There are not a lot of good private school options in Las Vegas, and especially Montessori schools, so I was nervous about choosing a school for my daughter. But I've been very happy with MVA. The teachers are great, and the director is involved in all aspects of the school and seems to be trying hard to build a school community with the parents. I've found the teachers to be very responsive to any concerns or feedback as well. The academics are excellent - my daughter has learned SO much already and is happy and thriving here. She's become very independent and has learned many practical skills that kids much older still haven't mastered. The biggest drawback is the location - it's in a commercial area near the airport, which isn't ideal, but the kids aren't outside the gated area unless they're being picked up or dropped off, so it's not a big issue. Parent involvement could also be better, but it's something the school is clearly working on.

Posted April 27, 2012

My daughter has been in this school for a year now. I cannot be happier. She loves her teacher and her school. I am impressed with the teaching methods. My daughter is not even 4 years old and can read basic words. She started adding numbers and she can write many words as well. The staff, from the Director/ owner to all the teachers show real love and respect for the children. I am thrilled that my daughter is attending and recommends the school to everyone.

Posted September 4, 2011

One of the worst private schools you can put your child in!!! Don't waste your time and money. They really don't know what there doing unless your looking for a daycare... most of good teacher's left along time ago. Very unprofessional .

Posted May 23, 2011

MVA has a very nurturing environment that encourages children to stretch and grow at the pace best for each individual. The school director, is a warm and caring professional who truly loves her staff and the children. She is fully committed to the Montessori approach to learning and works hard to maintain the integrity of this method. We have three daughters at MVA. When we recently discovered that our sixth grader had a math learning disability, MVA staff worked together to help her learn math differently. There was no hesitation in taking her back to the initial concepts to retrain her. Her middle school teacher creatively adapts lessons to work with each student's learning style. The upper elementary teacher is devoted to helping her children catch the vision of independent learning. My daughter idolizes her! These teachers give their ALL to these kids and due to their support my daughters have grown in self confidence and ability. We are a large military family, moving every 3 years. I can honestly say I have never seen a school try harder to help each child learn according to their own abilities and learning style. I cannot imagine a more committed staff than MVA's.

Posted April 27, 2011

I am a teacher who moved to Henderson this past summer, and was offered a m.s. teaching position at the beginning of December (their current m.s. teacher was moving abroad). The offer was verbal/over the phone, but after the principal (Mrs. Bossy) strung me along for 2 weeks (she rescheduled 1 appointment and was ill prepared for another), she called to tell me it was "no longer in the budget." I was impressed by the classroom I observed, however, I found this treatment very unprofessional, short-sighted, and cruel. I still wonder what happened, because regardless of budget, don't you need a teacher in the classroom? Regardless of my own disappointment, I don't think this move says much for the leadership and budget management at this school (I was willing to work for a mere 30k, and I have a M.A. from Johns Hopkins).

Posted January 12, 2011

My son is on his third year at MVA and we are very happy with his progress, his teachers (his curent one is amazing) and the administration are very supportive. We did not realize how great we had it at this school until we pulled my son out for K to attend a new charter school in town, that was an absolute disaster and MVA welcomed us back with open arms. I do not have a perfect child that does well just anywhere, but at MVA he is appreciated, loved and nurtured. I highly recommend this school and truly believe they embrace the Montessori Method.

Posted May 10, 2010

This is the first year our child attended Montessori and it will be the last. Our child is not receiving the education we thought we were going receive. The teachers are inadequate and are unresponsive to our questions and feedback.

Posted April 14, 2010

My daughter is finishing her first year here, and i couldn't be happier with her progress. I feel the teachers and staff have all gone out of there way to get to know her and help her. I'm so glad we discovered this school/

Posted October 9, 2009

I find it interesting that whenever there is a negative review on this school, a slew of 5 star reviews are posted the next day in order to bury it. I have to take five 5 star reviews posted on the same day with a grain of salt.

Posted October 5, 2009

Our daughter has been in kindergarten there since the beginning of the school year. We already see an improvement in her vocabulary and learning habits. Also, the community is Great!

Posted October 5, 2009

Our daughter has been a Montessori student for 8 years and this is her 4th Montessori school. This has been the best experience for her as a student and a citizen. The schools utilizes every minute of the day to educate and get the students involved in their community and the world around them. They volunteer in the community and spend a great deal of time researching, experimenting and applying their skills to preserve their environment and make the world a better place to be spiritually, emotionally, physically and economically.

Posted October 5, 2009

My boys have attended MVA for 5 years. The Montessori methonds are a different approach for a childs learning ability, it has taught my children to broaded their minds to be able to excell in their education. The teachers and staff are like family and truly care about the children that attend the school.

Posted October 5, 2009

Montessori Visions Academy is a wonderful school! The minute you come in the door you can sense that it is an orderly, peaceful and loving place. The folks that run MVA are clearly committed to helping the children excel in both their academic and personal growth. Our child has been there for a little over two years. She is jazzed about school every day. She is reading way beyond her grade level and doing really well in all her subjects. I couldn't ask for a more positive educational experience for her. As I have watched how the staff guide the children without dictating to them what and when they must learn, it has also been an education for me!

Posted October 4, 2009

Our daughter started at this school when she was three. At the end of first grade we'll be moving, and we have little hope of finding a school like this again. The teachers' enthusiasm and tenderness, especially for the pre-K and kindergartners, is stunning. The philosophy empowers kids to help each other and to mentor their younger schoolmates. My wife and I drop her off in the morning knowing that she is better off in MVA's environment than anywhere else.

Posted October 3, 2009

The staff/teachers are top-notch, well trained & certified AMS Montessori & the school is one of the few training schools in the country. Great community & active PTO! Plus, our daughter thrives at this school!

Posted October 2, 2009

We left this school last year. It wasn t until we entered the public school system that I realized just how little my child learned at Montessori Visions. There are obvious short comings in every academic area. It is great to do research projects, write poetry, and learn about complicated geometry and algebra. Except when your child can t write legibly, does not know basic math facts, and can barely read. There is a reason that basics should be mastered first, and there is no excuse for not giving a child the tools and opportunities to succeed at age appropriate skills. I feel like my child fell through the cracks, and I am sad I didn t recognize it and withdraw sooner.

Posted August 18, 2009

I am both a parent and a teacher at this school. I began teaching here because I loved the philosophy so much. The school is always bustling with activity, really building a sense of community, but radiates love and calmness for all the students. It is obvious that the students here love to be here and the teachers here are happy to work individually with each one of the kids. Most busy parents only get a portion of their children's time, and the rest of that time the kids spend with their teachers. I am relieved to know that my child is here with these teachers.

Posted August 12, 2009

I LOVE this school. I have two children at Montessori, one in the primary classroom and one in the elementary classroom. My daughter, the elementary student, came over from a public school where she had received little attention from her teachers due to the sheer volume of those classrooms. Now she receives personal attention and one on one time with her teachers at least once everyday. This is a beautiful method of teaching and I am so happy I found it now.

Posted August 3, 2009

I am extremely surprised by the views of military type discipline and poor teachers. My child has been a Montessori student for seven years, with this being our fourth montessori school. It has been the BEST experience yet. There is a strong sense of community and interrelationship between classrooms, children and teachers. There is a clear sense of respect for one another within their community. The teachers allow the chilren to explore and experience at every level. I have witnessed the development of my child, as well as many others, thanks to the love, support, patience and guidance of the staff.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 13% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30am
School end time
  • 3:30pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • AMS
  • Other Montessori
Fax number
  • (702) 451-0049

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori