PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The school is overall great for preschool: teachers are committed, community is strong, the kids feel valued and learn communication skills. Impressive community. One strong negative is that as a parent you will feel nickel and dimed. Constant extra fees are expected, which for a private school charging a hefty tuition is at it's best a total nuisance. Surely you could raise the tuition $300 to cover everything down to the school pics, yearbooks, snacks, special events and field trips and stop nickel and diming your clients? Think like a parent! Try to save them time and provide a WOW service, and you will see it returned to you in terms of more referrals and support. I highly suggest not taking holidays that the public schools take. Parents work, and the reason we pay a private school is in part not to get public-school levels if service. Again, "Think like a parent!" I also strongly urge you to pay your staff SUBSTANTIALLY more: your teacher/staff pay rates are tragically low even for Las Vegas and you are lucky that so many of your good people have stayed with you. They do complain about the pay in private though, and frankly that's going to be impossible to stop when the pay is so low. You need to be thinking on the order of a 50% higher pay to get in line with what a responsible school would do to retain their key resource--the teachers! Again, if you need to raise tuition some to make this happen, so be it, but remember that it's fairly easy for parents to see that a large portion of our tuition isn't being used for teacher salaries or to keep the lights on. Follow the golden rule.

Lovely place for any child. Quality education with a big heart. The staff is caring and they truly implement Maria Montessori's teaching philosophy. We love it here.

There are not a lot of good private school options in Las Vegas, and especially Montessori schools, so I was nervous about choosing a school for my daughter. But I've been very happy with MVA. The teachers are great, and the director is involved in all aspects of the school and seems to be trying hard to build a school community with the parents. I've found the teachers to be very responsive to any concerns or feedback as well. The academics are excellent - my daughter has learned SO much already and is happy and thriving here. She's become very independent and has learned many practical skills that kids much older still haven't mastered. The biggest drawback is the location - it's in a commercial area near the airport, which isn't ideal, but the kids aren't outside the gated area unless they're being picked up or dropped off, so it's not a big issue. Parent involvement could also be better, but it's something the school is clearly working on.

My daughter has been in this school for a year now. I cannot be happier. She loves her teacher and her school. I am impressed with the teaching methods. My daughter is not even 4 years old and can read basic words. She started adding numbers and she can write many words as well. The staff, from the Director/ owner to all the teachers show real love and respect for the children. I am thrilled that my daughter is attending and recommends the school to everyone.

One of the worst private schools you can put your child in!!! Don't waste your time and money. They really don't know what there doing unless your looking for a daycare... most of good teacher's left along time ago. Very unprofessional .

MVA has a very nurturing environment that encourages children to stretch and grow at the pace best for each individual. The school director, is a warm and caring professional who truly loves her staff and the children. She is fully committed to the Montessori approach to learning and works hard to maintain the integrity of this method. We have three daughters at MVA. When we recently discovered that our sixth grader had a math learning disability, MVA staff worked together to help her learn math differently. There was no hesitation in taking her back to the initial concepts to retrain her. Her middle school teacher creatively adapts lessons to work with each student's learning style. The upper elementary teacher is devoted to helping her children catch the vision of independent learning. My daughter idolizes her! These teachers give their ALL to these kids and due to their support my daughters have grown in self confidence and ability. We are a large military family, moving every 3 years. I can honestly say I have never seen a school try harder to help each child learn according to their own abilities and learning style. I cannot imagine a more committed staff than MVA's.

I am a teacher who moved to Henderson this past summer, and was offered a m.s. teaching position at the beginning of December (their current m.s. teacher was moving abroad). The offer was verbal/over the phone, but after the principal (Mrs. Bossy) strung me along for 2 weeks (she rescheduled 1 appointment and was ill prepared for another), she called to tell me it was "no longer in the budget." I was impressed by the classroom I observed, however, I found this treatment very unprofessional, short-sighted, and cruel. I still wonder what happened, because regardless of budget, don't you need a teacher in the classroom? Regardless of my own disappointment, I don't think this move says much for the leadership and budget management at this school (I was willing to work for a mere 30k, and I have a M.A. from Johns Hopkins).

My son is on his third year at MVA and we are very happy with his progress, his teachers (his curent one is amazing) and the administration are very supportive. We did not realize how great we had it at this school until we pulled my son out for K to attend a new charter school in town, that was an absolute disaster and MVA welcomed us back with open arms. I do not have a perfect child that does well just anywhere, but at MVA he is appreciated, loved and nurtured. I highly recommend this school and truly believe they embrace the Montessori Method.

This is the first year our child attended Montessori and it will be the last. Our child is not receiving the education we thought we were going receive. The teachers are inadequate and are unresponsive to our questions and feedback.

My daughter is finishing her first year here, and i couldn't be happier with her progress. I feel the teachers and staff have all gone out of there way to get to know her and help her. I'm so glad we discovered this school/

Last modified Montessori Visions Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8