James Bilbray Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 631 students

Posted April 22, 2014

This school is GREAT! The staff and administration are awesome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this school!

Posted August 22, 2013

I really like this school I just wish that they had full-time kindergarten that would really benefit a lot of parents

Posted July 14, 2013

Bilbray oh Bilbray! I went there for 4th and some part of 5th grade then moved to Texas. I used to love school because of Bilbray! My intelligence reached it's highest level! I loved being there so much and I would just cry thinking of summer and not seeing the best teachers ever! I loved them they would teach me til I learned I loved it. Then all of the activities I got to have because of that amazing school! It's the best school in Las Vegas! Not only Las Vegas in Nevada! I really loved being at school and was sad that the day ended now I am heading to 6th Grade thank you so much Bilbray for being like a 2nd home to me. And thanks for preparing me for my years in 6th Grade ~Thank You and if your a parent looking for a school in Las Vegas pick this one! (:

Posted May 26, 2013

Amazing...Aside from the teachers being great the PTA works wonders and provides so much for the students

Posted April 11, 2012

Both of my daughters attend this school. They have attended Bilbray Since 2010. My yongest started out there in the Special education program they have and my oldest started her 4th grade year. This school is amazing. All the way from the ladies in the office the teachers and even the lunch ladies are awesome. My kids love this school and even though the school year hasnt come yet to the end they cry just thinking about the summer coming and not being able to see their teachers every day. The extra programs this school offers these children is amazing and with out the amazing PTA we could not have these things. I would recomend this school to anyone. BEST SCHOOL in Nevada. The teachers and their dedication to our children is amazing and will make sure that my youngest can finish out her elementary years at Bilbray. :)

Posted September 21, 2011

My children have attended Bilbray for the past 3 school years and each year we have had wonderful teachers. I have both an over achiever and a child who needs extra help and both are able to get exactly the help they need to succeed.

Posted August 11, 2010

I have actually been to this school for kindergarten and 1st grade and I loved it.. It is a very amazing school... :D

Posted April 3, 2010

My son has attended Bilbray since Kindergarten and he is now a 5th grader and will be graduating soon. He has thrived in this school; the principal, teachers, and staff are 110% focused on meeting the students' needs. Great parent involvement, wonderful community - we will certainly miss all the familiar faces and surroundings but I know that Bilbray has more than prepared my son for middle school and beyond. Kudos to the Bilbray school administration!

Posted March 9, 2010

The teachers are in tune to the childrens needs in all areas. The extra programs work well in assisting children that need some extra help. I adore the staff from teachers to administrators.

Posted September 16, 2009

Great teachers that word very hard with their students.

Posted July 28, 2009

My grandchildren attended this school last year and did exceptionally well. I believe the teachers here are committed to help them to always do their best, and try to stay away from negative behavior!

Posted March 23, 2009

I love this school! My daughter has been to two other schools in Las Vegas, and she has thrived here. Her grades have improved significantly and she is engaged!

Posted January 16, 2009

We just recently moved here and I have been extremely impressed with the staff and teachers at Bilbray. From the moment we first walked through the front doors we felt warmly welcomed and felt like we fit right in. The school is very good at keeping the lines of communication open between teacher/school and parents. My children are excited about school each day and eagerly tell me about what they are studying. I really appreciate knowing they are in good, caring hands. We love this school.

Posted March 28, 2008

The school is very good, My sons teacher is very sweet and listens to all of my concerns and also keeps me informed of his progress.

Posted January 15, 2008

The teachers are wonderful. My kids are always involved in something. The open door policy is great and I always feel like my children arfe left in good hands. Everyday my kids tell me about my day and I am amazed of how much these teachers do for the kids.

Posted November 30, 2007

My daughter just loved Mrs.Kelly and Valenzalla and Merkle.

Posted October 14, 2007

My child started in kindergarten and I loved this school. It was so great because of the principal. Unfortunately, she left and we now have a new principal. Although she's nice, the quality is not the same. I will be leaving the school at the end of this year because the quality of staff/teachers has gone down since the original principal left. There seems to be a line at the door for teachers to leave because of the new administration. It's unfortunate because this was really the best school in Las Vegas and maybe even in Nevada. I would've stayed if Mrs. Phillips hadn't left. The care and attention each student received was extrordinary when she was there.

Posted August 1, 2006

Principal is the greatest lady you will ever meet. The staff is awsome because the Principal is so wonderful makes teachers want her to be proud. I love this school.

Posted February 5, 2006

The teachers and staff are so genuine and kind at Bilbray. The PTA is extremely active in creating an environment full of school pride and fun for each and every student. The education is top-notch.

Posted November 10, 2005

If you are looking for the best school in Clark county...this has to be it! Wonderful principal, teachers and excellent parent involvement. We have left Nevada and miss this school so much!

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

119 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

119 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Nevada used the Criterion Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The CRT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nevada. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

121 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

121 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

120 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 44% in 2011.

134 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students84%

Students without disabilities86%
Proficient in English78%
Not migrant77%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Nevada Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students88%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 25%N/A54%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

9370 Brent Ln