Posted July 30, 2014
Great school! We love having our kids here. New principals are outstanding and really involved. It's great to see them outside interacting with parents and kids. We have liked all the teachers my kids have had. The PTA is really good too. Lots of events for families.

Posted July 30, 2014
This school was really good before, but now that we received a new Principal and AP this past year, it has moved into the Superior category. The moral around campus is greatly improved and the Principal and AP are out interacting with the kids all the time. The teachers we've had have been wonderful over the past three years. The PTA is top-notch and there is really good parent involvement in school and at events. Love this school!

Posted June 27, 2014
I've been at Frias for two years now after moving across the country. Our first year was a bit of an adjustment but overall I liked the school, the kids, and the parents. This past year the school underwent some administration changes and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! The potential I saw in Frias is definitely coming out. The new principal and assistant principal have turned this school around in just a few months. You can sense the excitement among the teachers! There are great teachers and parents at this school and finally there is an administration to lead them and help them excel! Frias is on its way to being one of the top schools in the district!

Posted February 26, 2014
Frias is a wonderful school! Mrs. Rice was great but our new principal Dr. Oswalt is simply amazing. The energy amongst the students and has tripled and everyone is on board to push Frias to the very top of the pyramid again. We have excellent teachers, great leadership, friendly kids and parents and a great PTA. When you come to Frias, you feel like you belong to a family.

Charles & Phyllis Frias Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2014
good school overall. Office staff changes a bit though. And two very good different vice pricipals have left who I wish were still there.

Charles & Phyllis Frias Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2013
I totally agree with the last person who posted stating that Valerie Rice is running this once beautiful school into the ground. All of the good teachers have left or plan to leave for the 2013-2014 school year. I was in te office and all of a sudden all doors close with a, "She's here," meaning Ms. Rice. I asked what that was about. Office staff stated they do not like the principal and hide when she is around. Staff are miserable which all trickles down to the kids. Ms. Rice has absolutely no consideration or compassion to the disabled students. She locks them in a room with no resources. She wouldn't even acknowledge them in the awards ceremony. Supposedly it is based on test scores, but these kids cannot take a written test but work harder than any student there. Can't Ms Rice acknowledge their hard work? Come on! She has no idea how to be a leader and is running this school into the ground. She shows no compassion to these kids! We have been there four years. Unfortunately, I had no other choice. We won't be back next year!!!

Charles & Phyllis Frias Elementary School 2

Posted June 03, 2013
Frias Elementary school is being run into the ground by the incompetent administration, headed by Valerie Rice. Her and her band of do nothing cronies have run out all but the most patient of their staff. This once beautiful school has fallen into disrepair. They have staff members (Carl Hansen) who earn over $70k a year to do nothing. The school is suffering from a roof rat infestation and the administration is laying blame on their TEACHERS for causing the issue. This school is not too far gone to be brought back to community standards. The hack of a principal, Valerie Rice, needs to be replaced with real leadership. Her agenda does not put children first. Test scores are plummeting. I sure hope she is replaced before this school is destroyed.

Posted April 11, 2012
We are just finishing our first year at Frias Elementary. We moved from a very small town (pop. approx. 4,000) and was nervous about coming to a larger city and school. I did a lot of research and Frias was one of the top choices for us. My girls have had a wonderful year. Their teacher was wonderful, the principal and vice principal are warm and friendly and they've offered some wonderful extra-curricular programs as well. The PTA is friendly and active offering many events for the kids. Mrs. Frias, the school's namesake, is also a wonderful and caring woman always supporting the kids and the school with whatever they need! We love being a part of the Frias Family, and that's what it is. We're looking forward to another great year!

Posted August 27, 2011
We debated on whether to send our children to public or private school and did a lot of research on Frias. After talking with lots of parents, we decided to give Frias a shot. I am so happy we did! I have found the teacher to be warm and inviting, the staff to be friendly and my daughter has enjoyed her first year of school. The one time I did have an issue, I spoke with Ms. Rice and she listened, made me feel like she truly understood the issue, laid out a solution and the next time she saw me, she asked me if everything had gone as planned (it had). The vice principal, Ms. Robinson is equally as friendly and is always all smiles. We are excited for another year at Frias!

Posted November 21, 2010
Our two children attend Frias Elementary School. Through their educational maturation we have been intimately involved with their teachers and principal. We are very pleased at the individual academic attention each of our children receive. The staff, principal, parents, PTA and local community offer tremendous support. We are fortunate to have our children attend Frias.

Charles & Phyllis Frias Elementary School
5800 Broken Top Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89141
Last modified Charles & Phyllis Frias Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles & Phyllis Frias Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top