9-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV

Shadow Ridge High School 5

Posted October 01, 2014
M school is a amazing school and the teachers there teaches good helping there students out on there work. they help me and i gradute in 2013. thanks for everything shadow!!

Shadow Ridge High School 2

Posted June 24, 2014
Absolutely no school spirit. The school is okay on an academic level, I learn everything okay. But on the side, it is so awfully boring, it's just routine everyday. And the weeks that there is a Spirit Week.... STILL boring, no students attend/participate in the spirit weeks or any kind of "fun" events that are planned. Dances? Joke. You'd want to leave within 10 minutes as the place is decorated with poorly drawn/painted cartoons on butcher paper. Incredibly boring.

Shadow Ridge High School 5

Posted March 20, 2014
My son has attended SRHS, along with several of my exchange students. I have no complaints about this school. The teachers and all the staff have been very committed and caring over the years. I believe that in HS, you get what you put into it. There is more to school than sports! My family and my children love this school!

Posted March 05, 2014
Awful !!! If your child is involved in Sports don't attend. Shadow Ridge is open enrollment. Kids and Dads that aren't even zoned for this school have come over and infiltrate and have had an agenda from the start.They even gained up on a coach that had been there for years and never told he was gone, he showed up at practice in front of kids and they let him know they didn't want him.( couldn't even tell him privately after all the years he had contributed, voluntarily) I can go on and on. They treat an adult like that, they treat kids like that, unless you are part of wine nite / and the reich. So many stories seen first hand. It is so crazy. I can't even explain all that goes on. What is really bad is these guys are in charge of our youth. Frank Tousa is the Worst...

Posted August 04, 2013
I feel my student is safe at school. Most of the teachers are involved with the students and allow for a positive learning experience. The school spirit is below average unfortunately due to the lack of administrative support.

Posted July 24, 2013
Prejudice plays a big roll! Nothing is being done! Dean protect her own kind, staff is rude! Spirit of student are crushed and don't want to attend. Dean herself is a bully, no compassion is given for the weak. Swaggers rule the school. Girls get in trouble for above knee shorts, while swaggers are allowed to show boxers. Its gross. Can't go to dean for help! No one care to help the weak. My child went from "a's" to "c's", doesn't even want to go to school. Scared of being bullied! Where's the protection? Teachers are being stabbed with pencils in face, vandalism to vehicles. Suspension for defending themselves. The Dean is horrible!!!!!!!

Posted June 29, 2012
Parents if you want your son or daughter to play sports in college send them to another school like Arbor View!! Me and my entire family supported this football team and these Coaches for years. it was truly a huge mistake. I should of listened to the reviews and sent my son to Arbor View for a better education and better coaches!

Shadow Ridge High School 2

Posted April 16, 2012
My children are pretty good students abd quite involved in all kinds of activities. My only complaint about the school is from the principal down to many of the teachers, a negativity prevails. The administration fears the top guy. The teachers fear for their jobs. The students are not challenged nearly enough. If your child can memorize and spit it back, you will be fine. The school forgets that molding these students into indepenedent, free-thing, problem-solving adults is part of their job. Nope, memorize and take a scantron test is the mantra. The best teachers leave for better working conditions that's for sure.

Posted August 29, 2011
I went to shadow for freshman and sophmore year, The coaches are dedicated and the dance program is one of the best. I enjoyed my saty besides basic drama. The deans don't follow rules they have favorites and let them get away with anything, the principal doesn't do much at all. The counselors are very dedicated to their job. Having 8 classes is a plus. And Coach Barnson is the best!

Posted August 15, 2011
I have two sons that attend Shadow Ridge and have had a successful career there. I think that no matter what school your child attends, it is what they make it. Shadow Ridge has strengths and weaknesses just like every other school, but it has given my children what they need to be able to be successful in college. The drawback at Shadow, is that the administration is not as vested in the kids as they are in themselves, but the strength is that there are great teachers, dedicated coaches, and plenty of opportunity for your child to be involved in extracurricular activities.

Shadow Ridge High School
5050 Brent Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89131
Last modified Shadow Ridge High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shadow Ridge High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top