Public charter
Las Vegas, NV

Posted December 30, 2014
My daughter required accommodations for various learning issues and I was given the run around for almost 2 years. I love the idea of this school but if you fail to fit the cookie-cutter mold good luck to you. My girl was traumatized by teachers refusing to follow the "verbal accommodations" that were supposed to have been put in place. (Yes I have official diagnosis & needs from various therapists & doctors. I also know I could have sued but, seriously how would that have bounced back on my girl?)

Posted September 30, 2014
This is my daughters 5th year attending this school. It has been wonderful for her! It is so much better than the regular public school my daughter attended!!! Overall, the teachers have always been excellent at responding to our emails, voice messages and concerns promptly. In all the years at the school, I have a only had a serious communication issue with one teacher and when discussed with the principal it was handled promptly. The projects can at times be a lot of work but it is worth it. We have learned that it is all about using the time wisely and having her start on her project right away and work on it weekly so it is not a rush just before it is due. We have seen our daughter grow so much through the experience and she is much more confident when speaking in front of people! We also love that every weekend is a 3 day weekend! She loves her school and so do we!

Posted March 17, 2014
As a high schooler, I hated this school. Inappropriate topics were debated, and I could never find myself comfortable there. Also it seemed as if the teachers did not take their jobs seriously. In math all the kids were failing and the homework was worth about half the grade anyway.

Posted January 30, 2014
I have been going to this school for seven years. I have always loved this school. The teachers are great. The only problem that I have ever had was was when I was in third grade. This was when the school just started out. Ever since then the school has improved. The ipads that I use on a day to day basis actually have helped me broaden the way that I learn. I am also very pleased with the teachers that are there. I am able to have a very closr relationship with them because it is such a small school.

Posted December 30, 2013
My child was bullied and handed worksheet after worksheet in his CCSD school and I knew he needed something more for his middle school years so we tried EKA last year. The staff is so friendly and really pushed my son to a higher standard. The kids all get along well and they place an emphasis on community building and small classes of 20 or less is the norm. It's not a perfect fit for everyone but we love it and look forward to trying the EKA high school program.

Posted December 30, 2013
My daughter had a lot of trouble with the administrators and principals, routinely dragging her into the office during class time for silly things like her outfit being too inappropriate for their taste, things she had posted on facebook in regards to how the school had been treating her, a club she wanted to start but was not allowed to, etc. She ultimately left after new administration was not willing to work with her 504 and continued to badger her. I only wish she could have stayed for the teachers, but all the best teachers have also left the school. I don't know what's going on there, but I hope it gets sorted.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 03, 2013
The test scores and reviews speak for themselves. I tried to post a google review and they have it locked so you can't post a review.

Posted September 25, 2013
My daughter has been attending this school for 6 years. She has never and will never attend another school. My son will start kindergarten here next year. Though I am disappointed that so many of the teachers I was used to left, I still feel this is an amazing school. My children would be lost in a regular school. When they raised the attendance cap from 500 to 700 it was expected that class sizes would get larger but because of the schools learning system the children still get a individual learning platform. One of my favorite teachers is mrs. Snyder she is an absolute god send for me and my daughter.

Posted September 14, 2013
This has to be the worst school in the district!!! Im only giving them a star because i have to. Drop off and pick up is a joke, they should have never got zoning for this school. 10 new teachers and this is their 3rd year, they had a second grade teacher leave 2 weeks into a new year. And now they have the principle trying to teach? Are you not supposed to be managing a school? Maybe this is why the school is rated so low. They sell you on the leveling and the Ipads. The leveling is a good concept if you child is above level but if there behind level when would they ever catch up? I would not recommend this school to anyone!!!

Posted September 12, 2013
this will be my son's 2nd year and he loves it. i had him in clark county school district since 1st grade and it seems that all i got everyday from teachers was him not doing good but it turns out he was bored and know he's being challenged and he is doing good. thanks eka

Explore Knowledge Academy
5981 Mountain Vista Street, Las Vegas, NV  89120
Last modified Explore Knowledge Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Explore Knowledge Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top