Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Mrs. Amy for her amazing patience with my son. And mrs. Snyder for taking so much of her time to help my daughter when she was struggling with her math. The staff and all the teachers are amazing!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 18, 2015
Every teacher I have encountered in the past 8 years at this school put their very best into our kids.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
They push them to do their absolute best on all of their projects. My daughter likes to get lazy and ALL of her teachers will call her out, causing her to push for her personal best in every subject.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
They do food drives, urge students to volunteer for their communities, and in school teach and preach against bullying.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
They make the children responsible for their own actions and teach group learning to instill team work. They are pushed to do what they can for our community and to take that extra step to better any situation that they can.

Posted November 18, 2015
this school is the best! The way they divide the subjects they teach guarantee that your child will not be left behind or get bored. Through project learning my children actually learn and remember the things being taught, and they have so much fun that I don't have to constantly be on them to do their homework. The teachers answer any questions or concerns you have almost immediately and the rest of the staff is extremely helpful.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 06, 2015
I really want to thank all of the staff members and teachers for really helping me throughout the many years I've been here. Without all of our I would never have become the person I am today

Posted October 06, 2015
Hi. I'm a senior at EKA. This is my tenth year being at this school and I believe that is the best school around. I have been given a great education and believe that this school had made it so I am ready for the real world. The teachers in this school have always cared about me and my fellow students and are always trying to help us in anyway that they can. Yes this school is harder then most and yes its not for everyone. But you learn so much more through this teaching model and it prepares you for life in the outside world. I hope this review will be helpful to parents looking into the school I have spent most of my academic career at.

Posted July 22, 2015
I have found EKA to be a remarkable public charter school for many reasons! EKA is a project-based school where students learn through their own individual self-directed research. Each student has his/her own iPad at school, which adds to the students’ abilities to research on-line resources as well as to utilize traditional methods, i.e., books, etc. All of the above, to say --- I have witnessed the growth of students throughout multiple projects, each project requiring research and a presentation to be given at the end of the project. Project presentations are given to peers, their advisor, and parents in attendance. Not only do the students learn more and more about research, but they also become familiar and more comfortable with public speaking. At some grade levels, there are also group projects. This entails still another whole, wonderful dynamic. It is so amazing to see the growth and transformation of many students. Many of the students have shared that they feel proud of their work performed and indeed of their success! This, as a teacher, as a mother, and as a person who loves to see students excel in their education and in their pride of themselves, is a very rewarding experience! In addition to the curriculum, the teaching programs, and the technology afforded to the students, I have found communication among the staff, administration, and the teachers to be remarkable and rewarding! When the main focus of a school and its employees is directed towards students and their successes, both academically and emotionally, the end result naturally leads towards a positive end. Communication includes ongoing review, discussion, and change if and when needed. I have found this to be an ongoing, positive quality with the staff, administration, and teachers at EKA. Ongoing communication with parents is also a MUST and takes place in numerous forms such as through emails, phone contact, parent/teacher conferences and newsletters, to name a few. The school website as well as Facebook are additional means of communication. I am happy to be a part of Explore Knowledge Academy and its mission to “Provide Personalized Learning through Educational Discovery, Creating LEADERS/One Project at a Time.” Jackie W, a teacher

Posted July 14, 2015
I, Calvert Webster, have been a teacher at Explore Knowledge Academy for 10 years. I love this school. I am going to tell you why you will love it, too. The list of reasons are plentiful, and they include the following: smaller class sizes, personal attention from your teachers, tough love, creative opportunities, challenges, successes, a safe environment but nowhere to hide, and a place where you can choose to be a part of our family.

5871 Mountain Vista Street, Las Vegas, NV  89120
Last modified Explore Knowledge Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Explore Knowledge Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. Top