2-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 21, 2016
I'd like to say hi to Ms. Gannon...not because she helped my son but she motived him. He is better than ever...growing into a wonderful young man. Thank You for how awful you were to him because when he does have a good teacher he knows the contrast.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted January 21, 2016
No they spoon feed the students and they are about a grade level or two under the school districts standards

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted January 21, 2016
They only have respect if you are a part of their inner circle if not you will also feel like an outsider.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted January 21, 2016
I had two of my children attend and they were bullied not by students but by staff.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 21, 2016
No if your not apart of the schools inter circle you and your kids will feel like outsiders

New Horizons Academy 4

Posted April 27, 2015
UPPER SCHOOL REVIEW (7th-12th grade) - My school is definitely above average, but not excellent. But very, very close. I got here in 7th grade and everyone treated me very nicely. I've made a lot of friends. Unfortunately, I've also encountered some of the most rudest disrespectful kids. But the teachers immediately deal with it when kids are rude, which I love. Some particular students are incredibly immature for their age, but that's normal at our school. The teachers get right on it, and follow the rules. All I can say is, be extra careful who you make friends with. Again, the only downside to this school is a lot of the kids (because of their disabilities) are incredibly rude and don't think before they speak. But it's only just a small group of students. On the other hand, I definitely recommend it if your kid has a disability and can't find good education anywhere else. Your kid will definitely have a great school year and make a lot of friends.

New Horizons Academy 5

Posted April 13, 2015
New Horizons has been a great experience for my family. Our son has attended this school for more then 10 years and I can say enough about the caring staff and teachers. The tuition is tough to manage, but in the long run it has been the best investment that we have ever made. I would recommend New Horizons to anyone that is looking for a school that caters to kids with learning difficulties.

New Horizons Academy 1

Posted April 09, 2015
Do not send your kid here! This is a very bad school I do not suggest it!

New Horizons Academy 4

Posted November 11, 2014
So, I'm a student here. And honestly, I can say this school is pretty good. Pretty much most of the teachers care about you, and most of the students. I've made so many friends here. I've also made enemies. I understand this school is for people with learning disabilities (I have one myself) but 50% of the students are really mean. The other 50% are extremely nice and care about you. People will try to put you down, and others will put you up. Stick with the nice people. There is this one group that is really mean, and I just ignore them. Ignoring is best. Overall I really like this school, even if some of the teachers/staff members don't like me. I'm a freshman, going to graduate here and glad I am. The only negative thing I have to say about this school is the fact that 50% of the students are rude and try to put you down. They will call you names and insults. I've cried here, probably over a thousand times. It's not just because I'm sensitive, but it's because words hurt. Other than that, the teachers and some students are really nice and they care about you, and they love you. Plus, there is no homework which I like. The work is fantastic.

New Horizons Academy 5

Posted March 12, 2014
This school is incredible. My son gets exactly what he needs. He is great at social studies, and is given a 12th grade curriculum, above average in science - where they offer him a 10th grade curriculum, at level in mat.... The teachers don't tolerate bullying and they have a system for misbehavior so it does not interrupt the class. The teachers are terrific and educating my child has been a team effort. He came to them with low self esteem, and now he is soaring high and though they don't want to lose him, he is now ready to go back into public schools.

6701 West Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV  89146