Las Vegas, NV

Posted August 25, 2014
I have been attending this school for 4 years and now this is my 5th year and so far, this is the best school ever! They have SUPER FUN EVENTS! SUPER FUN FIELD TRIPS! And most of all, SUPER FUN TEACHERS, STAFF MEMBERS, and SUPER FUN PRINCIPALS!

Posted August 13, 2012
Excellent, caring school. The entire school really pulls together whenever anything happens and someone needs support and the staff is caring, intelligent, and they know each child by name. Best school in Clark County!

Posted April 20, 2012
Wonderful school with amazing staff. My child attended this school for 5 years. She is now in a magnet middle school. Strong math and science programs, my child really is doing so well currently due to this strong background for which I am really thankful to the fantastic staff. Building could do with some updating though.

Posted April 11, 2012
I just read the review below and have to say I highly disagree... My child has been attending this school for the last two years and there has not been a true lock down in this time. In contrast, my two older children who did not attend a magnet school have been in lock downs at their school. Plus, what would you prefer? A school be proactive about the safety of your children or for a school not to lock down in an emergency situation? As far as the 'high crime' neighborhood- we live within walking distance of Mabel Hoggard and the neighborhood around the school is filled with retirees and is quiet. If you drove a few blocks down, yes, I wouldn't walk in those neighborhoods late at night, but that is typical of all Vegas. Perhaps the poster below has not had much experience with the Clark County public school system, but Mabel Hoggard stands out as a shining star. And of course- if you think it needs improvement- then please, step up and help out.

Mabel Hoggard Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2012
Good overall school. Old facility in a high crime neighborhood, lockdowns do happen here. Most teachers are excellent which is the reason people travel from places to attend here. After-school programs are of poor quality or non-existent except for soccer. Good PTSA involvement with students and parents. Gifted program lacks leadership and is unfortunately below expectation teacher-wise although the kids do work very hard in putting together projects.

Posted February 15, 2012
this school is the best, just compare their accountability reports. I have 3 children attending, I don't want to move because of this school.

Posted February 16, 2011
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE MABEL HOGGARD THE TEACHER ARE VERY FUN AND NICE. I DID GO THERE BUT MY FAMILY AND I MOVED. IM IN 5TH GRADE NOW AND AND MABEL I MADE ALL A's YOU SHOULD CONSIDER MABEL THE BEST ELEMANTARY SCHOOL EVER THEY EVEN HAVE AN OUTSIDE GARDEN FUN PROJECTS AND MUCH MORE THEY REMODELED THE SCHOOL WELL CIAO

Posted May 28, 2009
My son has been at Hoggard from first grade and is now in fourth grade. He loves this school. It is his home away from home. The teachers and staff are excellent and do an outstanding job of educating and challenging the students to excel. I am really happy with the choice I made and hope to keep him in the magnet program as long as possible.

Posted September 26, 2008
We love this school! We came here from a private school, and we feel the education our son gets at Hoggard far exceeds what he received in private school. Everyone at this school is friendly and welcoming. The kids seem to love learning and really grasp the concepts. We are so happy we made a switch.

Posted July 27, 2008
My daughter goes to Mabel Hoggard and will be in the 5th grade. This is an exceptional school. Fromt he caring staff to the involvement of parents, I am very thankful we were able to b e involved in the school. Also my daughters scores while in F. T. Watson were below average and she was not a below average student, but now she is where she should be well above average. To all the staff at mabel Hoggard- Thank you!!!!!!! Mrs. Dombrowski

950 North Tonopah Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89106
Last modified Mabel Hoggard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mabel Hoggard Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top