No rating

Challenger School - Summerlin

Private | PK-8 | 650 students

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $124,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted March 22, 2008

My son went here for pre school it was great but watching the elementry school gave me the creeps why in the world they want to stress little people out with such an overload of homework and expectations is beyond my understanding. get a good education but hey relax they are kids!

Posted October 3, 2007

I put my son in challenger 5 months prior to entering kindergarden, he loved it and is now in the 2nd grade. I find the teachers to be good, a little strict but that is because of the method of teaching they employ. Homework can be a challenge and a little over the top sometimes, they could relax it a bit. The office staff is wonderful but some of the parents are over the top. Overall I like the school and feel I am getting my moneys worth (yes it is expensive) but again worth.

Posted May 18, 2007

my daughter is in pre-school and so far I've been very impressed at challenger. their academics is excellent and always well advanced than their peers in public school. my daughter is 4 and can already read and blend words. their teachings are very methodical and logical yet very fun - always in the form of songs. my daughter loves it! she enjoys going to school every day.

Posted February 6, 2007

Very academic enviornment bordering sterile and millitant. Excellent academics, poor social structure, very few children have after school activities due to the intensity of the home work, even in Kindergarten! My daughter had to give up all sports due to 1 -2 hrs of home work each day. Unusual culture of people, no one speaks to each other or says hello. All business environment. Incredible academics but too unbalanced for my family.

Posted November 8, 2006

WOW! My son is in Kindergarten at Challenger and is reading everything in sight. He has all the basics down pat after only 3 months! Swift pace, intense environment, but the results are outstanding and my son can't wait to get to school each day! It is a big commitment but my husband and I feel as though we are getting our money's worth each day. The results are quantifiable!

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old