No rating

Challenger School - Silverado

Private | PK-5

Student diversity

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted June 25, 2008

I have had all 3 of my children attend this particular campus. Both my husband and I are physicians in Las Vegas, and we value education. The majority of our colleauges and friends agree that this is the greatest program in not only Vegas, but the country. You can not refute the results, they are the best. Make an educated decision and see for yourself how this program ranks.

Posted June 19, 2008

My daughter started preschool at Challenger at the age of 3, and she just completed the 1st Grade. Although their Preschool program through Kindergarten is phenominal, the administrative problems, high turnover by the teachers, etc. that they have evperienced this past year have forced us to remove her from the school.

Posted May 21, 2008

Amazing experience! My son is actually reading at four years old-- it's amazing!

Posted May 15, 2008

Excellent, academically-focused school that stresses self-reliance and logical reasoning in its curriculum. If attendance is declining it is because the school refuses to lower scholastic standards to ameliorate the objections of malcontent parents. The culture here is not 'social,' but the school delivers the promised product.

Posted May 13, 2008

Horribly disappointed. Poor administration, their best teachers have been leaving and their declining attendance is hurting the level of materials available for learning.

Posted October 27, 2007

As a Challenger parent, I have found that it is sometimes necessary to tell the administration if my child's homework load is excessive. I understand that homework should not take more than an hour at Challenger. If it takes longer, you should talk to the teacher or the principal. Also, if my child focuses on completing his homework, and doesn't watch tv, play games, etc, he is able to finish much faster. This school is not for everyone, but I'm so happy my family chose to go.

Posted October 25, 2007

I have multiple children attending Challenger. My decision was initially based on national results and statistics. There is no question that the curriculum and what your children retain is amazing. However, I spend 2 hours most evenings making sure my children get the curriculum versus the teacher doing it in class. .

Posted October 21, 2007

It is so hard to find a school that delivers on its promise; a solid education for our nations future. Public schools continue to fail parents, and private schools are too often carbon copies of those failing public schools. Challenger provides an amazing education! Challenger focuses on delivering the foundation children need to be successful later in life; thinking skills and a desire to continue learning. The emphasis is on achievement! The Silverado location is doing a great job of keeping true to Challenger's mission. I highly recommend touring and signing your child(ren) up at this school! Sincerely, A very satisfied and relieved parent

Posted September 25, 2007

Challenger's priorities are not in the children who walk thru the door for their education. It is the funds their parents bring to the school. Never have I seen a more unorganized, mismanaged staff. There are a handful of great teachers there who really do care about their students which makes it unfortunate to have incompetent Directors, Principals and front desk staff representing the school.

Posted April 25, 2007

I have been very happy with my child's progress. I have been at other private schools but this is the only one where my daughter loves to go to school, and where I see amazing progress. This school is really not for every family because your child will experience success and failure.

Posted April 21, 2007

My child has been attending Challenger since preschool and I must say that it is the best school hands down. Even though there are not many extra curricular activities, my child and I can go elsewhere for the 'extra's'. No other private school in the valley offers the academics that Challenger does, and no one teaches the self reliance and discipilne like they do. They never stray from the mission. If you are a parent looking for the 'social' aspect of school, you can go to the competetion, but if you are serious about education, this is the route to take.

Posted April 12, 2007

My daughter has been at this school since pre-K and is now a third grader.She excels at all subjects.We have to move her now to another school as there will be no fourth grade next year.In pre-K she was reading and has been a spelling and math champ almost every year.Her SAT scores are extremely high every year and was even awarded a scholarship last year for her academic achievements.All credit goes to the school.I do admit there are no extracurricular activities any extensive curriculum.I find it overwhelming at times but not my daughter.It is Challengers training and her SAT scores that she aced at entrance tests at all 3 private schools.Way to go Challenger but do something about extra curricular activities.

Posted April 3, 2007

I chose Challenger for the academics and fun learning environment. My child loves the learning and has actually learned to do his homework on his own. He brings it to me check or if he has a question. His confidence and maturity are direct result of Challenger.

Posted March 22, 2007

They have wonderful curriculum, but they don't have good Principal and teachers. They try so hard to get more students in Kindergarten classes. They don't care about parents. They don't care about students. They do care about collecting more money.

Posted February 21, 2007

Husband and I agreed that giving our kids a solid foundation for their education would be a great start. We decided to continue sending our son to Challenger after kindergarten because we were very pleased with the experience.Big mistake! I was highly dissatisfied with his teacher from the beginning but decided to stick it out. My son had a hard time adjusting this school year and class assignments were and continue to be very unclear. Much frustration came after meeting with his teacher only to watch her play with her hair and look into space without offering any suggestions to help the matter.and the chaos while picking my son up after school is rediculous. Is there a reason that Challenger doesn't offer the music, art and gym classes without the extra cost? The PreK program, administrator, and teachers are great but personally and unfortunately it goes down hill after that.

Posted January 16, 2007

The preschool program is phenomenal and the preschool administrator is sharp. Challenger gives a great foundation for any child, but beyond kindergarten, I would not recommend it. Up until this year, we have loved the Challenger program. My child has been in it since age 3. However, the program is only as good as the teachers and the administration. It's a shame that a previously great experience has been ruined. I am not sure what we are paying a premium for anymore and will also be moving my child to another school after this year concludes.

Posted October 9, 2006

My daughter has attended this school since prek. It has been great until this year. She is now in in second grade and the quality has gone way down. They just can't seem to get it together. Her teacher doesnt grade her work/homework and after discussing this with the principal I am told he is not required to do so. The homework is simple additon. She mastered this at the begining of first grade. For the kind of money we are paying it is not worth it. We are considering transferring her to a public school with gate classes. Anna

1725 E Serene Ave