Challenger School - Silverado

Private | PK-5

Student diversity

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Sweep tile

Posted February 21, 2014

unfortunately Los Prodos has to get one star due to google rating systems. I had my oldest son go to this school and under the ownership of the original owner who passed away it was managed well but since than we had our second son attend the school and weak management and poor teachers took over what was once a good pre-school. It's now a over hyped / over priced pre-school where the administration doesn't care and the teachers are sub prime. The hoopla of fancy drive up lines and fake smiles cover up the real TRUTH...STAY AWAY!

Posted February 7, 2014

My 3 year old son was enrolled and was accused of tripping a teacher. They immediately "dis-enrolled" him. While my son said it was an accident, even if it was not, a three year old does not understand that tripping someone could hurt them. If they believed our son was not ready for school, or had anti-social personality traits, they should have provided us some guidance (and maybe helped us?!!) in overcoming the obstacle. We did not argue the "dis-enrollment" because we would never want our kids to attend a school that handled the situation in this manner. In short, we can only deduce that they are money driven to enroll kids that are the easiest (and least expensive) to teach and do not want to deal with the "burden" of kids that might need extra help socially (or scholastically).

Posted November 3, 2013

This school rates poorly in all areas. The curriculum may be touted as above average but that is meaningless if the school and teachers fail. And Challenger fails. There are many public schools in the area that outshine Challenger and I would think there are plenty of private schools in the area that can do better than Challenger in all aspects.

Posted October 28, 2013

We did Challenger for four years. No more! My issues? 1.Teacher:Student ratio. Supposed to be 1:14. It's been 1:24 since 1st grade. 2. Total lack of accountability on the teachers' parts. My son aces his home assignments but struggles in class. I ask for in-class materials to be sent home so I can help him. I'm told no, he needs to do better in class. How can I control what happens during class? That's the teacher's job, but she's busy focusing on 23 other students. 3. Study materials are notes taken during class. Well, he's 7 and the notes are, expectantly, lacking. When I ask for textbooksto be sent home I am told that the they won't be any help to him. They are no good so she pulls from other resources. Why doesn't he have proper textbooks? 4. My son was bullied. When he told his teacher that he was being made fun of, she said "Don't tattle." 5. I have a BA in English and I constantly correct spelling and grammar mistakes made by the TEACHERS when grading tests and assignments. 6. "Challenger isn't for everyone." That's their response to these issues and more If all that matters is the prestige of saying "Challenger, that's my school!" then go ahead and empty your pocketbooks.

Posted July 23, 2013

I have two kids at Challenger - a 4yo and a 2nd grade. I can't say enough positive things about the academic achievement both have obtained. Challenger teaches the love of learning in the preschool class and the pride of achievement in the elementary - along with an advanced classroom school work. The teachers have been very responsive when I had a question or concern and proactive in making sure my elementary student fully understood the concepts in class. I can't say enough good things about the school and staff.

Posted July 22, 2013

My son has being attending the challenger school since he was 3 years old. He is now almost 10 and it is the great school and his siblings will be attending this coming fall. I can not imagine enrolling my children to a different school. The school is very advance academically and they teach to respect each others so there is no bullying.

Posted July 4, 2013

Challenger school though it boosts of many benefits to its students has some definite issues parents should be aware of prior to enrolling their children in this school. First, the school may have supposed highly developed programs yet it does not communicate with the parents so therefore tracking a child's progress is very difficult. On many occasions my wife and I spoke with our child's teacher asking for more communication, the teacher to explain her grading system (as our child scored a 10/10 on the first portion of a test; on the second portion, which was on the same page, scored a 5/10 yet received an overall 50%, while 15/20 should equal 75%), and updates weekly which were not provided. As a parent who wants to be involved, this school and it's teachers make that more difficult. Second, as many other reviews specified this school is always focused on the results that matter to them, not on developing a child's social skills or interests in experiences outside the classroom. The students at an early age are pressured more, receive more homework, and are less socially experienced than this students in a public school.

Posted June 14, 2013

My twin boys have been going to the preschool program at Challenger for 2 years now. They started with the 3's class and just finished the 4's class this year. My husband and I have been thrilled with all the things that they have learned through Challenger. They are reading...counting...learning about our presidents....etc. This is a real school...not your garden variety place that is really just a day care. Very happy to recommend Challenger to anyone.

Posted December 17, 2012

Challenger gets an A+ for academics. Challenger provides a challenging program that our kids love. From the start, children are learning rules of phonics and spelling, grammar rules, poems, speeches, math facts, logic and more all while having fun. From what we have seen so far, a child educated at Challenger will be at least a grade level above public and private school counterparts. Challenger is not a school where every child gets an award or trophy, given so that every child can "feel good" about being there. It is really refreshing to be able to escape the mediocrity that is so prevalent is so many schools today, where standards are seem to have been dropped so that all students can feel great and get promoted to the next grade. Challenger is a unique school and with the good we have learned to take the bad. Some areas that could use improvement are: Parent/Teacher/Administration Communication - The school does not encourage proactive communication from parents. They do not have regular parent teacher conferences, no email contact whatsoever. Adopt Technology - Less paper and start sending emails! Class Sizes - The class sizes have increased by 20%-25% this year.

Posted December 7, 2012

My child has went to challenger school for a few years now. This school was great intel my child hit the first grade. The classes are as big as public school with only one teacher. The the communication with teachers and parents is very poor. If your child happens to fall behind in firts grade they just keep moving foward without notifying you before its to late. They don't let the childern express there self they are like walking robots, and hope your child doesn't get an altercation because they won't notify you and then all of a sudden your child will be sent home on suspension for even get expelled. What Challenger doesn't understand is first graders are still young and learning in life, they expect them to be perfect and if they aren't they don't have time for it. I use to believe in this school intel my child started first grade and then I realized that all they care about is the money. They make u feel like your child isn't good enough if they have any kind of problems. It sucks that a lot of these private school have become so corporate and really forgot the true meaning of a private school. If you are thinking for taking your child here I would strongly reconsider.

Posted December 7, 2012

This school has to be one of the worst private school I have ever seen. They classes are large the teacher don't care if your child falls behind there is no communcation between parents and teachers. They don't let your child express there self at all. If your child mess up at all they make them feel like they are a bad kid. They will suspend or even expel your child for the littlest things. I'm disappointed in myself that I wasted any of my time or money at the school.

Posted June 11, 2012

I am so disappointed at this school, the teachers do not really care About the students , they just want results no matter what. They want kids to be robots.

Posted May 11, 2012

My son is in the 3 year old preschool program and my husband and I could not be happier! Our son loves the teachers and staff and will push us out of the class room to leave. We are amazed with the level of education he is receiving in a preschool class. He is already reading at a 1st grade level and asks us to write sentances with him! If I can, I would have him in Challenger until he graduates high school.

Posted October 20, 2011

Both my daughter and son have attended Challenger beginning at 2 years of age, and we have had nothing but a great experience throughout all of our years there. The teachers are all very nurturing and supportive of the students and their individuals needs. The staff is very consistent with their policies, which made the communication process very seamless. Both of my kids received an outstanding education and social skills from Challenger, and I am forever grateful that their first years in school were so impactful. Although there are costs involved to attend Challenger, we felt that it was worth every penny. You can't put a price on this type of education, especially in the most important years of a child's development.

Posted October 16, 2011

Challenger-that's my school! I could not dislike this school if I tried. The staff has been so understanding with my sons transition to a real preschool from daycare. He had a rough beginning, but they stayed consistent with their behavior management techniques and hung in there with us. He is now starting to read at 3, he knows his numbers and can sing me a new song everyday we pick him up from school. My wife and I also love that this school teaches about liberty and values. Go see it for yourself, the bad reviews on here must be bitter about something other than Challenger.

Posted June 30, 2011

My daughter has been going to this school since she turned two and half .. I love this school's teacher and way's for teaching. If I could tell you guys anything I would say sign your childern up for this school asap..

Posted April 4, 2011

I am sending my daughter in Pre-K and I am really happy at her pace, her confidence building and her ability to read. She is having all the fun activities without omitting the high standard of education. I never faced a rude behaviour from the front desk. I am amazed at how people twist things. Well, for me so far the experience is very good.

Posted December 27, 2010

Wow. I have rarely seen a posting board full of so many ghost written entries. It is very obvious that either the staff or the teachers have been hard at work writing pretty little things to overcome the serious drawbacks of such a school. The children are like little robots and are not allowed to express themselves in school which causes behavior issues in the home. Worst of all, I am comparing the study/class materials used by Challenger to places like Kindercare and I am regretting my decision to dump so much money into Challenger. I now know that I was keeping up with the Joneses. What a waste.

Posted October 15, 2010

We love this school. My 3 year old son attends Challenger at Silverado. He is reading and loves to read at home. He can't get enough of activity books that include spelling and counting and even beginning math. The staff is great, esp. the preschool director. We wouldn't go anywhere else. They are teaching him to think for himself and to be a leader. Who wouldn't want that for their kids?

Posted August 12, 2010

Great School!!!!! The front desk is amazing. My child is reading and she is 3! Not only reading, but is extreamly well rounded and confiedent to take on the world. There are parties and activities every month that parents are encouraged to come to. I can not say it enough, we love Challenger!

1725 E Serene Ave