Challenger School - Silverado

Private | PK-5

Student diversity

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Sweep tile

Posted July 13, 2010

I am a student at Challenger. I absolutely LOVE it there. Compared to all my friends, I am the smartest, because of the challenging acedemic programs. The teachers are great, and friendly, though they teach strongly biased things on the government. The principal is welcoming, and friendly, but also able to listen to a students arguments if they get sent to the office! This school is absolutely WONDERFUL! I highly recommend it, though i go to the LONE MOUNTAIN campus, not the silverado campus! Challenger is a great school that teaches children to be individuals, to respect the rights of others! Challenger is overall AWESOME!

Posted May 12, 2010

I'm amazed after reading some of the reviews. I have been sending my children there for 5 years now. The curriulm is amazing but so are the teachers. My children love each and every one of them. The front office has always been warm, welcoming and helpful. Yes there is a fun field day on the last day of school but there are also so many other events throughout the year which the children are excited for. The children are so proud when we see them at Western Days, eat with them at their Thanksgiving Feast, sing to us at the Winter and Spring programs. They show us their proud work at the Spelling Bee, Speech Festival, Young Author, and Science Fair presentations. The children receive an amazing education and learn to respect themselves and the rights of others.

Posted April 24, 2010

Like the curriculm, some teachers are fantastic, but usually they end up leaving, because the adminstration is so bad. I have spend lots of money at this school. I don't regret it because I feel my child did get a good education (especially compared to public schools in Vegas), but if I were to do it again, I would have chosen a different private school. The school is so sterile. The administration is so cold. We have raised our child in a nuturing, loving environment. Challenger does not parallel our teachings at all.

Posted January 10, 2010

My daughter has been at Challenger for going on three years now. She loves it. I am amazed daily at what she learns. Her teachers in the elemetary program have been phenominal. They truely care. I do have issues with Challenger policies. For as much as we pay for the education, you would expect the staff to 'hear' parent's views more readily. It is the Challenger way or the highway. The senior office staff seems to be above all. They don't really care for parent involvement. I also feel that they try and instill certain values in my child that I do NOT agree with them having the right to instill. They have no library. They have no field trips or anything truely fun until the last day of the year. I feel that the kids are missing out on some of the fun of being little.

Posted October 15, 2009

This is my daughters second year at Challenger. We love it. We took her out because we relocated but have re-enrolled her because we were so disspointed in the other private school we put her in. I agree that they are very structured and by the book, not allowing the kids to really express themselves at all times, however I think all the other benefits out way this one aspect. They are taught to follow rules and I expect my child to do so in a classroom enviornement. I have never had an issue with the front desk staff as I've read others having. They are super friendly, professional and helpful. My daughter is 4 and came home telling me about constanants and black holes. There is no pefect school out there, but I feel my child is safe here, facility is clean, staff has been friendly and curriculum is impressive.

Posted July 22, 2009

I chose this school for my children because of their excellent academic curriculum. Kids here are certainly doing work a grade level above their current year. Although the work is intense at times, the teachers manage to keep students focused and active in the material presented. Homework is at times excessive, however, well worth it, as you look back into the school year. Parents are always encouraged to communicate and to stay involved with teachers. My kindergartener is an excellent reader and my third grader loves to write stories. They feel confident and proud as they compare themselves with other kids of the same age. Mrs. Seitz is one of the most dedicated teachers I have ever met. She genuinely cares for her kids and their performance, even when school's out... You would be so lucky to have her as teacher! Haven't found the perfect school yet but this one is close!

Posted July 10, 2009

Academically, Challenger delivers what it promises. We have withdrawn our child from Challenger because of the teachers' and administrations' inflexibility. Because of their rigid adherence to their curriculum, philosophy, and strict time schedules, they just don't use common sense with children. When we disagreed or asked for an accommodation, our child was slighted in the classroom. The curriculum works, but beware, you may end up with 'Stepford' children.

Posted June 8, 2009

The school academics are wonderful-if that's all your looking for! There are no extracurricular activities and the children are repromanded for having their own thoughts and opinions if they do not coincide with the 'Challenger Way'. Yes they teach your children to read and yes they teach your children math- but do they teach your children not to be a Challenger Military robot? NO

Posted February 9, 2009

The school does exactly what is expected of it by teaching independence, self-reliance, and 'logical skills'. Our son is 4 years old and is already reading to us. He returns home sharing with us his experience of science and math. Please keep in mind, the school has expectations of the parents and that is to assist with the learning process; that is what we do.

Posted January 28, 2009

Not great!!! Saxon Math and Modern Press English is what they teach. Looks like ghost posts on this forum by school staff.

Posted January 21, 2009

I find it appalling that people complain on here and yet still send their children. GO see for yourself and meet the incredibly dynamic administration, the friendly front office staff and the wonderful teachers. (Many of whom have been there for the 5 years my children have been attending.) In fact, the only time my preschooler had a new teacher was because his previous teacher became deathly ill. This school teaches responsibility, independence and high levels of academics. My children's biggest complaint is that they don't want to leave extended care! You hear it all the time. This school has been a rock for my family. Many valuable members of our community send their children here for the same reasons my husband and I do. See it for yourself folks..Go and take a tour! Hands down-the BEST education in the valley. Thank you Challenger!

Posted January 20, 2009

I love Challenger school. My only complaint is that there isn't enough parent/teacher communication. They push the children hard but with my kids that works well. They put a lot of fun into the learning though wish is great. My daughter loves it too.

Posted January 2, 2009

I Love this school...My child is thriving and soaking up knowledge like a sponge. They use music to teach and my girl loves it.

Posted October 20, 2008

This is my son's 6th year at Challenger. We have been at the school since he was three years old. We completed the pre-school program and he is now in third grade. I also have another child now enrolled in pre-school. The curriculum is phenomenal, the teachers are amazing. We have had great years and one year that was not so hot. There have been complaints about the staff turnover or lack of extracurriculars on campus. That being said, every school has a bit of administration issues. The curriculum is what really sets Challenger apart. We are paying a lot of money to send our kids to a school that is focused on results, personal responsibility, choices and hard core academics. The school is highly successful there. We can get the sports, music and art outside of campus and our family does. This is the best education we've found in Vegas.

Posted October 1, 2008

Both of my children are enrolled in Challenger. They are enjoying the school and their teachers. We have been very impressed with how much our children are learning. Our kindergartener is reading at a second grade level. The only problem is the staffing issues. My son has had five teachers the last three years, of which three have left. My daughter has been with the school five weeks and already has lost a teacher. 2 kindergarten teachers left last week, as well. Is it the administration? If they are as difficult for the teachers to deal with as they are the parents, I would say 'yes'. There is a lack of concern on the adminsration's part when it comes to the parents. As a parent, I would do anything for the betterment of my children, but I have found Challenger's policies and lack of respect from the administration tough to take.

Posted August 19, 2008

After removing my daughter from 2 schools in 1 year, the 1st another private school, the 2nd a public school that was suppossed to be better than the rest. They lost her physically 2 times, without any worry. I pulled her. I took 2 months checking out many private schools. I finally found Challenger and placed her. She has been learning some amazing things and she LOVES school! I am disappointed in the after school, or non-extra activities, they are very expensive and not worth it. However, my experiences with the front desk staff, not always good, but the teachers she has had, have been wonderful! I admitt it is a problem once she gets to 3rd grade, then were do we go? Overall, I love the learning environment, but the price is going up yearly and the staff ever changing?

Posted June 25, 2008

I have had all 3 of my children attend this particular campus. Both my husband and I are physicians in Las Vegas, and we value education. The majority of our colleauges and friends agree that this is the greatest program in not only Vegas, but the country. You can not refute the results, they are the best. Make an educated decision and see for yourself how this program ranks.

Posted June 19, 2008

My daughter started preschool at Challenger at the age of 3, and she just completed the 1st Grade. Although their Preschool program through Kindergarten is phenominal, the administrative problems, high turnover by the teachers, etc. that they have evperienced this past year have forced us to remove her from the school.

Posted May 21, 2008

Amazing experience! My son is actually reading at four years old-- it's amazing!

Posted May 15, 2008

Excellent, academically-focused school that stresses self-reliance and logical reasoning in its curriculum. If attendance is declining it is because the school refuses to lower scholastic standards to ameliorate the objections of malcontent parents. The culture here is not 'social,' but the school delivers the promised product.

1725 E Serene Ave