Posted September 26, 2014
While the first few years were an excellent experience for my child, this year's has changed quite a bit. My child has not been challenged by the well rounded curriculum that is advertised and I feel that the administration change has a lot to do with it. I am glad my child will no longer be attending this school and will be given a chance to be a thinker and not a follower.

Posted September 23, 2014
Challenger School has a mission to teach students to be responsible citizens, to be honest and respectful of others, to love and respect our United States, but most of all they educate and do so very effectively. Children leave the 2 !/2 year old class reading, and dedication to teach is priority. This is not a day care, a play day, or mayhem in class environment, it is not a Drama, Arts, or Performing arts school. At the same time watching my Grand-daughter perform beautiful winter and fall shows, seeing Art and music incorporated in her curriculum each day and watching her grow in each of those classed along with her other classes makes me so proud of her own effort and determination to succeed. Twice a day she has recess. The curriculum at Challenger School is well rounded and balanced. Not one time has my Grand Girl received unfair treatment and the teachers are always willing to help her if she struggles. This type of dedication is obvious in the environment of the school reflecting directly on the Head Master, Directors, and the Teachers.

Posted September 17, 2014
I have enjoyed working as a teacher for the past few years at Challenger. I love that Challenger starts teaching phonics at three years old in the preschool program and then continues to build on that foundation well into the upper grades. As a teacher, I have enjoyed watching my students' confidence grow as they excel academically.

Posted September 01, 2014
The administration people are awful especially the headmaster. They will make you repeat classes just because of shyness or because your son is active in class. they want kids to be robots. Thank God I'm not in that school any longer. Just don't wait your money, if you want your kids to be early reader just take them to Kumon. My advise is don't waist your moneyyyyyyy

Posted August 27, 2014
I agree of what your saying about the staff and front desk people Thank god some of the teachers are still nice not like those administration people that are rude and don't care but themselves.

Posted June 20, 2014
Our child's school is Challenger located at Silverado (NV) campus. One thing that is very obvious when one enters a room full of children, a Challenger student stands out. To be more precise overtly they display all the characteristics that a proud parent desires. The first one, that one notices is there overall consideration and respect for there environment. This not only includes other children, but also there confidence in relating with adults and other problem solving issues. Secondly it should be noted, that they achieve proper enter action with kindness and intelligence to the most casual observer. Last but not least, it is obvious these Challenger students are becoming nurtured to be the leaders of the next generation of which we will be proud of!! This summarizes the Challenger way!!

Posted June 07, 2014
I use to love this school but now with the new directors all they seem to be after is money. They will send you letters and make phone calls to you for a very small amount. One of my daughters is in a Per K class that has 2 teachers but 30 kids in it when we wear told they would never have more then 24 kids in a class. This school has really changed and not for the good.

Posted June 03, 2014
Think twice on enrolling your child here, and know what you are paying for. The school doesn't allow kids to take home in-class materials. There is lack of culture in the school, a lack of accountability with the teachers (they put the accountability on the student), a lack of parental involvement and there is no PTA. There is no school principle, just a headmaster and good luck on getting access to any school records on your child. There is no discipline on students that act out either; they make students write an apology letter 6 times on what they did wrong. At the end of the year they have their award ceremony. If you child does not receive one, your child is still forced to attend and watch the ceremony. Students start learning basic multiplication in the first grade, division in the second grade and basic algebra in the third grade. Students start learning to read in late preschool. Often students are rushed to eat their lunches. Older grades are always scheduled to eat later than younger grades. Despite the growth of the school, teachers are often coming and going every new school year. Challenger is always hiring. Also, there are no field trips or no school library.

Posted May 21, 2014
My boys have each attended this school since they were 4 years old. They have always been given firm, yet fair treatment, and they have exceeded all of their peers in academics and maturity for learning. We have been at the school for over 7 years. Through trials and tragedy, this school and their staff have been loving and supportive to our family and have always given our children a desire to learn and achieve and to work independently and challenge themselves. Their high grades are their rewards, they need no other incentives. They are so far ahead of their peers, it's ridiculous. When our friends have conversations with our kids. They always ask "what school do they go to? Challenger?? Keep them there, your boys are remarkable." Another thing I might add, at this school, the cool kids are the ones who get the good grades, the ones that the other kids strive to be like. And they monitor them closely, no cell phones, no texting, no electronics allowed. They leave the school when their parents pick them up. It's a safe and secure environment. I only wish they went all the way to 12.

Posted February 07, 2014
My 3 year old son was enrolled and was accused of tripping a teacher. They immediately "dis-enrolled" him. While my son said it was an accident, even if it was not, a three year old does not understand that tripping someone could hurt them. If they believed our son was not ready for school, or had anti-social personality traits, they should have provided us some guidance (and maybe helped us?!!) in overcoming the obstacle. We did not argue the "dis-enrollment" because we would never want our kids to attend a school that handled the situation in this manner. In short, we can only deduce that they are money driven to enroll kids that are the easiest (and least expensive) to teach and do not want to deal with the "burden" of kids that might need extra help socially (or scholastically).

Challenger School - Silverado
1725 E Serene Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89123
Last modified Challenger School - Silverado is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Challenger School - Silverado Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top