Challenger School - Silverado 2

Posted January 07, 2015
The school has definitely changed and now has problems with enrollment. I think, as other reviewers have said, that the problems can be traced back to the headmaster and administrative staff. We have seen some pretty preferential treatment for kids of friends of the headmaster/staff. Let one of these "special" children walk into the class and the teachers ignore the other students or any other parent in the room. In the Pre K school, I have to say that Sarah/Carol's room has got to be about the worst. I am not very happy and I am going to start investigating other schools.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 02, 2015
The Challenger curriculum post-Kindergarten is one size fits all; they do not account for different learning levels, and it is not well-rounded. There is no music class, no gym for PE, no art class, no program for social growth, no science lab. Very formal setting, limited social interaction not much time to be a kid, at school or at home. Challenger lacks greatly in communication. If you have a question for the teacher you must call in and leave a message and wait to have your call returned. Handful of times I have popped in to use the open door, it was closed and I had to make an appointment. There is no online access, nor can you email the teacher or call her/him directly. You can email the elementary director, but sometimes hard to get a reply. Parents are discouraged from coming into the school and all but forced to use car line. The reason we left was because Challenger placed my daughter with an unqualified teacher, twice. Teachers are mostly uncertified and several of them lack teaching experience. Staff is not an ally in learning.
10 people found this helpful

Posted January 02, 2015
I absolutely would not reccomend this school. They Brainwash the kids into "thinking" they are free thinkers... And that they teach the constitution , however not once you're their. None of the teachers actually enjoy working their and the staff is the most un professional. The head master sits in her office all day and does not like to communicate with parents. Soooo many parents have left as a result of the head master. The lower schools teachers have barely a high school degree, no college degree required and None are certified. My daughter didn't get an academic award because I'm not a staff member there either. Hopefully after review, they won't ask a teacher to write their own to "UP" their score on here, just as a few have been asked. Don't get sucked in!!!!
7 people found this helpful

Posted September 26, 2014
While the first few years were an excellent experience for my child, this year's has changed quite a bit. My child has not been challenged by the well rounded curriculum that is advertised and I feel that the administration change has a lot to do with it. I am glad my child will no longer be attending this school and will be given a chance to be a thinker and not a follower.
5 people found this helpful

Posted September 23, 2014
Challenger School has a mission to teach students to be responsible citizens, to be honest and respectful of others, to love and respect our United States, but most of all they educate and do so very effectively. Children leave the 2 !/2 year old class reading, and dedication to teach is priority. This is not a day care, a play day, or mayhem in class environment, it is not a Drama, Arts, or Performing arts school. At the same time watching my Grand-daughter perform beautiful winter and fall shows, seeing Art and music incorporated in her curriculum each day and watching her grow in each of those classed along with her other classes makes me so proud of her own effort and determination to succeed. Twice a day she has recess. The curriculum at Challenger School is well rounded and balanced. Not one time has my Grand Girl received unfair treatment and the teachers are always willing to help her if she struggles. This type of dedication is obvious in the environment of the school reflecting directly on the Head Master, Directors, and the Teachers.

Posted September 17, 2014
I have enjoyed working as a teacher for the past few years at Challenger. I love that Challenger starts teaching phonics at three years old in the preschool program and then continues to build on that foundation well into the upper grades. As a teacher, I have enjoyed watching my students' confidence grow as they excel academically.

Posted September 01, 2014
The administration people are awful especially the headmaster. They will make you repeat classes just because of shyness or because your son is active in class. they want kids to be robots. Thank God I'm not in that school any longer. Just don't wait your money, if you want your kids to be early reader just take them to Kumon. My advise is don't waist your moneyyyyyyy
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 27, 2014
I agree of what your saying about the staff and front desk people Thank god some of the teachers are still nice not like those administration people that are rude and don't care but themselves.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 20, 2014
Our child's school is Challenger located at Silverado (NV) campus. One thing that is very obvious when one enters a room full of children, a Challenger student stands out. To be more precise overtly they display all the characteristics that a proud parent desires. The first one, that one notices is there overall consideration and respect for there environment. This not only includes other children, but also there confidence in relating with adults and other problem solving issues. Secondly it should be noted, that they achieve proper enter action with kindness and intelligence to the most casual observer. Last but not least, it is obvious these Challenger students are becoming nurtured to be the leaders of the next generation of which we will be proud of!! This summarizes the Challenger way!!

Posted June 07, 2014
I use to love this school but now with the new directors all they seem to be after is money. They will send you letters and make phone calls to you for a very small amount. One of my daughters is in a Per K class that has 2 teachers but 30 kids in it when we wear told they would never have more then 24 kids in a class. This school has really changed and not for the good.
3 people found this helpful

Challenger School - Silverado
1725 E Serene Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89123
Last modified Challenger School - Silverado is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Challenger School - Silverado Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 75 reviews. Top