PK-8|Private
10,000 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Because of the core values being stressed so much, bullying is rarely an issue, if at all.

Supports LD students: Agree

When we were allowed to interact with the teachers, I would say yes. We were able to express any concerns and the teachers were extremely supportive. Now, however, we have zero interaction with them so we just have to hope that they take initiative to recognize and address any concerns.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Leadership in regards to the way the Headmaster runs the school appalling. They highly discourage parental involvement.

Develops character: Agree

The core values are excellent, but they are extremely strict. They teach kids to be self reliant and to respect others.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Depending on the teacher. My kids have each had exceptional teachers, as well as some with a language barrier that presented challenges.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

My 2nd and 3rd grader have over an hour of homework a night. In the past, we completed it on campus immediately after school. This allowed us to keep the in the learning environment (less distractions), as well as get feedback from the teachers. Now we aren't even allowed to enter the building unless there are extenuating circumstances.

I have 2 children who have attended since the 3 year old program; they are now in 2nd & 3rd grade. In the past, we've been allowed to pick them up and sit with them on campus while they complete their homework. This has been a great way to stay involved, get to know other parents, as well as interact with the teachers. This year, they have a new Headmaster who has changed all of the policies and it's a nightmare. We are not allowed to even enter the school to pick up our kids; car line is strictly enforced. We aren't allowed to attend holiday parties, but we are, however, encouraged to pay for them. Parents are 100% discouraged from being involved with their children. This will be my last year writing the $25,000 annual check to Challenger.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teacher plays a crucial role in a child'S life. Challenger has the best teachers. They are so passionate about teaching and care for each child individually.

I hardly have writen any reviews. But I feel i have to let the parents in Henderson know how great this school is. Let me tell you, until you experience it you will not understand what you are missing. Or until you go to another private school you will not realise the value for money at Challenger. Every dollar you pay is towards your own child'S development. Not only the challenging curriculam but the art of nurturing is excellent here. Your kid will be totally independent by 4 years and will be able to read on his own. If you are parent who is looking for a challenging curriculam and who strongly believes in academic excellence please don't overlook this school. My kid is in a private school now as well, but it's no where closer to challengerschool. My kid thinks its a baby school. That's right, if you go to challenger everyother place would look like baby school. Other private schools are much expensive and you have to give a sum to the annual fund and etc etc. Where as in challenger you don't have to worry about these. Everyone has one goal that is academic excellence along good social skills. Ms. Carol and Ms. Sarah of PK 3 we're great. They have the passion for teaching and concentrate on each child to make sure they are picking up things. If I get a chance I will be back in Henderson just to continue in Challenger.

THE HEADMASTER is terrible! She always claims she is available, but when you try , you will not get a chance to talk to her, usually she's out doing personal errands and claims she is at a meeting. RUN far away! Also, this school wants NO parent involvement, just running a dictatorship. The teachers are not certified and lower schools teachers are literally off the streets!!!!!! LOW CLASS, and NOT EDUCATED. GO elsewhere! check out their ADD for hiring new teachers in the review journal: " NO EXPERIENCE NECCESSARY".

Last modified Challenger School - Silverado is a Private school that serves grades PK-8