Posted August 27, 2014
I agree of what your saying about the staff and front desk people Thank god some of the teachers are still nice not like those administration people that are rude and don't care but themselves.

Posted June 20, 2014
Our child's school is Challenger located at Silverado (NV) campus. One thing that is very obvious when one enters a room full of children, a Challenger student stands out. To be more precise overtly they display all the characteristics that a proud parent desires. The first one, that one notices is there overall consideration and respect for there environment. This not only includes other children, but also there confidence in relating with adults and other problem solving issues. Secondly it should be noted, that they achieve proper enter action with kindness and intelligence to the most casual observer. Last but not least, it is obvious these Challenger students are becoming nurtured to be the leaders of the next generation of which we will be proud of!! This summarizes the Challenger way!!

Posted June 07, 2014
I use to love this school but now with the new directors all they seem to be after is money. They will send you letters and make phone calls to you for a very small amount. One of my daughters is in a Per K class that has 2 teachers but 30 kids in it when we wear told they would never have more then 24 kids in a class. This school has really changed and not for the good.

Posted June 03, 2014
We did Challenger for four years. No more! 1.Teacher:Student ratio. Supposed to be 1:14. It's been 1:24 since 1st grade. 2. Total lack of accountability on the teachers' parts. My kid aces at home assignments but struggles in class. I ask for in-class materials to be sent home so I can help. I'm told no, kid needs to do better in class. How can I control what happens during class? That's the teacher's job, but she's busy focusing on 23 other students. 3. When I ask for text books to be sent home I am told that the they won't be any help. They are no good so she pulls from other resources. Why doesn't he have proper textbooks? 4. In extended care kids get yelled at and 2nd grade kid helps all the 1st grader do the homework. Really? 5. Lack of communication, only time I get a call is when my kid talks in classroom, that is a problem not with my kid but with the teacher, they need to keep the kids focused but again there are too many kids in the class, When I raised one on one to be provided I was told teacher has other kids too...well I guess she does and paying obnoxious amount every month wont get the attention I expected in a private school! Public schools are better!

Posted June 03, 2014
Think twice on enrolling your child here, and know what you are paying for. The school doesn't allow kids to take home in-class materials. There is lack of culture in the school, a lack of accountability with the teachers (they put the accountability on the student), a lack of parental involvement and there is no PTA. There is no school principle, just a headmaster and good luck on getting access to any school records on your child. There is no discipline on students that act out either; they make students write an apology letter 6 times on what they did wrong. At the end of the year they have their award ceremony. If you child does not receive one, your child is still forced to attend and watch the ceremony. Students start learning basic multiplication in the first grade, division in the second grade and basic algebra in the third grade. Students start learning to read in late preschool. Often students are rushed to eat their lunches. Older grades are always scheduled to eat later than younger grades. Despite the growth of the school, teachers are often coming and going every new school year. Challenger is always hiring. Also, there are no field trips or no school library.

Posted May 21, 2014
My boys have each attended this school since they were 4 years old. They have always been given firm, yet fair treatment, and they have exceeded all of their peers in academics and maturity for learning. We have been at the school for over 7 years. Through trials and tragedy, this school and their staff have been loving and supportive to our family and have always given our children a desire to learn and achieve and to work independently and challenge themselves. Their high grades are their rewards, they need no other incentives. They are so far ahead of their peers, it's ridiculous. When our friends have conversations with our kids. They always ask "what school do they go to? Challenger?? Keep them there, your boys are remarkable." Another thing I might add, at this school, the cool kids are the ones who get the good grades, the ones that the other kids strive to be like. And they monitor them closely, no cell phones, no texting, no electronics allowed. They leave the school when their parents pick them up. It's a safe and secure environment. I only wish they went all the way to 12.

Posted February 07, 2014
My 3 year old son was enrolled and was accused of tripping a teacher. They immediately "dis-enrolled" him. While my son said it was an accident, even if it was not, a three year old does not understand that tripping someone could hurt them. If they believed our son was not ready for school, or had anti-social personality traits, they should have provided us some guidance (and maybe helped us?!!) in overcoming the obstacle. We did not argue the "dis-enrollment" because we would never want our kids to attend a school that handled the situation in this manner. In short, we can only deduce that they are money driven to enroll kids that are the easiest (and least expensive) to teach and do not want to deal with the "burden" of kids that might need extra help socially (or scholastically).

Posted November 03, 2013
This school rates poorly in all areas. The curriculum may be touted as above average but that is meaningless if the school and teachers fail. And Challenger fails. There are many public schools in the area that outshine Challenger and I would think there are plenty of private schools in the area that can do better than Challenger in all aspects.

Posted July 23, 2013
I have two kids at Challenger - a 4yo and a 2nd grade. I can't say enough positive things about the academic achievement both have obtained. Challenger teaches the love of learning in the preschool class and the pride of achievement in the elementary - along with an advanced classroom school work. The teachers have been very responsive when I had a question or concern and proactive in making sure my elementary student fully understood the concepts in class. I can't say enough good things about the school and staff.

Posted July 22, 2013
My son has being attending the challenger school since he was 3 years old. He is now almost 10 and it is the great school and his siblings will be attending this coming fall. I can not imagine enrolling my children to a different school. The school is very advance academically and they teach to respect each others so there is no bullying.

Challenger School - Silverado
1725 E Serene Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89123
Last modified Challenger School - Silverado is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Challenger School - Silverado Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 69 reviews.