PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)

If your child is low or slow, CCA will guarantee a spot on the A/B honor roll! I just left and tested at another school, thinking I was above grade level compared to the other kids in my class. Turns out I'm NOT! A bunch of the teachers just left...wonder why.

If you want high academic standards for what you are going to pay, save your money. They just recently changed their name & purpose of education without bothering to inform the parents of returning students. They will now concentrate more on performing arts rather than academics. The pastor is in charge & believes in giving his family and friends jobs. His daughter is the dance teacher, his wife the drama teacher and his good friend the music teacher. To add to this not all teachers have a college degree!

Cornerstone lies on a quiet sleepy street just off of Sahara and Jones in Las Vegas. It was planned to have my son attend only for about 3 or 4 years. It turned into completing the entire 8 years. This was a wonderful experience and helped prepare for the high school he now attends. I like the small classroom sizes and the easy access to staff. The work was challenging but not unrealistic. They kept you updated with grades on a daily basis through the Renweb application. Renweb was also available on a mobile app which was handy for me. Once in the 7th and 8th grades, Dr. Raffail, the Dean was wonderful in keeping us updated on grades and events. Information was abundant and I did not feel as though I missed much. The culmination of the entire experience there was summed up in the work the staff and students put into the 8th grade class trip and graduation ceremony. These memories will last a lifetime.

It's the best school ever I have been going here since 3 rd grade and I'm currently in 7th and I love it it's amazing.The academics are above grade level and group projects are highly encouraged .They have a great middle school with small class sizes of 20 kids or less. They have hands on projects and they have even started using technology based learning. With iPads for all students grades 6-8. Your student will learn how to use the iPad with all its features. I have no regrets of going here it was the best experience of my life!!!!!!

My daughter is in grade K her teacher told me I need to practice her phonic and she seems very caring but until she told me if I need help with my phonic and she asked if I understand what she is saying. I was born in the United States I had learned English before elementary school and I have my college degree. Yes, I understand English if she is speaking English. What was her problem? How rude?

Please, please save your money! Academics are only barely satisfactory. It's nice to have religion, but the staff doesn't live the values they preach. I can't believe they have allowed the classes to grow so large that the kids find themselves lost in the crowd with little to no individual attention. We can get that at a public school, for free! Students are not encouraged to work as teams on any projects nor are they encouraged in "stamp our bullying" type programs. And yes, you will find that bullying is as much a problem here as it is anywhere. Only they won't make the offender leave because that would cost them money. You will find that if you are a member of their church, then pretty much any request you make will be granted, especially if you tithe regularly. But if you are "just" someone that pays tuition for your children, you will be ignored when issues arise - and the WILL arise. I will say that I will continue to have my kids go to the Vacation Bible School each summer as they do an amazing job with that week-long summer program. But as for the school - we will spend our money someplace that acts like they care as much about our children as they do about our tuition checks. Run, Run, Run!

Cornerstone Christian Academy is a great school! Our child has attended here for two years and we couldn't be happier. It is a nurturing environment with challenging academics. If you look at the "Common Core Standards" it will tell you what skills the child should have mastered my the end of each grade. At CCA, the students are mastering these skills a year in advance. We are looking forward to both of our children attending here for many years!

We are currently enrolled in first grade. Last year kindergarten was okay. Academily, these kids were superior, but just like the others said they were very pushed on reading and spelling test. Now, this year we were very upset with their class size! They only have two classes for first grade. They use to have three last year. Each of the class has 25 kids!! A way too overcrowded!! Even with tuition raising every year, this school still trying to squze as much kids in one class as possible. I was regret to send our kids to this school.

The preschool is fantastic. The elementary and middle schools are not. Both the elementary and middle schools do not follow the State of Nevada standards. They teach below the grade level requirements, but tell the parents otherwise. If you are choosing a school based on academics, this not the school for your children. Too many students leave this school below grade level. There is a lack of leadership, lack of quality curriculum and lack of monitoring of teachers.

We are the parents of an 8th grade student and could not be happier with everything Cornerstone has provided our daughter. Cornerstone teaches the "whole child"; providing a strong, solid education; a caring, loving environment, and good Christian values. We have had maybe 2 or 3 minor issues come up in the 6 years our daughter has attended Cornerstone, each time they were addressed with her best interests in mind. Throughout the years our daughter has participated on the sports teams and cheerleading - these activities have helped to build her character and confidence. I read comments from others about rising tuition, the dean, and the administration... what I can say is as parents we make sacrifices everyday so our daughter can flourish, the dean's high standards are not out-of-line - not a day goes by when Cornerstone students don't meet and exceed her expectations; the administration is outstanding, they have a great rapport with their students, and the Principal is an outstanding leader. Our only disappointment is that Cornerstone does not go thru to high school, we will have to find another school to trust with our daughter. It has been a great ride! We will miss Cornerstone!

Last modified Cornerstone Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8