No rating

Faith Lutheran Academy

Private | K-5 | 289 students

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $215,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,440.

Posted April 12, 2014

My child has been at Faith since preschool, we love it! Academically he is thriving and testing well above average. They are passionate about sharing gods word and I can see it in my son. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted October 4, 2013

I have a 2nd and 5th grader at Faith Lutheran Academy. They have both been here since their kindergarten year and we are very happy. The environment is loving, warm and faith based. The teachers are a wonderful balance of care, guidance and authority. The new principal, Matt Fischer, is great! He had made a good school even better. I have to say that I find the bad reviews below very confusing. Nobody at this school has ever suggested that either of my children be medicated. Nor have I heard from any other parents that this was recommended for their children. My children both test well above their current grade levels. The teachers here love my children. All teachers must discipline when necessary, but I have never felt that my children are being "bullied" or having their self esteem damaged. In fact, they are extremely happy boys at home and at school. I feel like FLA has been the best choice for our children and worth every penny.

Posted August 18, 2013

We had our first and last year at this school, it was very unorganized and everyone seemed stuck up including the teachers and staff. The only thing you can have "Faith" in is that this school is a waste of money.

Posted July 15, 2013

We have attend this school for 3 years now and I am extreamely happy. My son is testing an entire grade level above his age group. Teachers and staff are very loving and they know all the kids . Well worth the money . They do a fantastic job at sharing the gospel as well as providing a solid education. The best part is there is never more than 24 kids to a class and all classes have teacher aids to assit the teacher. The new principal has really up the anty and is providing great leadership.

Posted May 31, 2013

I'm not sure what all the bad reviews are for. Sure, the construction came and went (that'll happen anywhere) and no my kid does not take any meds whatsoever. Sounds like a few parents are in denial about their childs welfare and want to take it out on the wrong people. My child is about to attend their HS program and we couldn't be happier. Another parent said the teacher/student ratio is 14:1, in public school its like 45:1!!!

Posted April 12, 2013

This school is such a disappointment!!! I had my child here for 1 year and it was horrible!!! The teachers are not qualified to be teaching. Beware, this school suggests to all the parents that the students need to be on medication in order to attend this school. They want all the students to be doped up so they are easy to teach, like little robots because the teachers are lazy and uneducated in teaching. Putting children on drugs who don't need to be is a SIN!! I'm disgusted in how this school is run! Everyone is so snoby and in a clique, its all so phony. Education is not the purpose of this school so don't waste your money. There are so many other choices in this city which are loving, professional, educational enviroments. Do your research before choosing this school because you'd be better off throwing it out the window than paying these people for nothing!

Posted December 20, 2012

Love this school. My children have been attending for three years and I love the staff, the environment, the kids, and a rare but key factor, the parents are wonderful (at least the parents of my childrens' classmates). . I find it to be a very warm, supportive, and caring environment. I hear about other private schools and the lack of comradery amongst the parents and happy to say, that in my experience, it has been the opposite. The parents are very friendly and engaging, which I believe is consequently, the result of a friendly and engaging staff/teachers. Very happy about this school....and most importantly, my children love going to school!

Posted November 29, 2012

Don't let the fake teachers and staff fool you, this school should be shut down. They are so far behind that the students that go to this school can not even test to get into the Jr. Sr. Faith. The teachers don't know how to teach and don't care about the well being of the students. My child was punished in a way that they put down his self esteem and mocked him and his ideas. This type of teaching does damage to young children and it takes a long time for them to gain trust back in teachers again. Teachers should be a role model not a BULLY to students. This school should be ashamed of itself for calling it a loving environment. The only good reviews that come from this school are from teachers and staff trying to cover up what they do. Check out schools like Las Vegas Day School, or Cornerstone Christian Academy.

Posted September 2, 2012

Excellent school with great academics. Very loving repsctful enviroment. Teachers are great at communication and meeting the needs of each student.

Posted November 16, 2011

Loving environment, caring teachers, sense of community, high academic standards, community outreach and so much more!

Posted July 21, 2011

My son has been going to Faith for the past three years and we have been VERY impressed by the education that he's received! I actually had a hard time reading some of the negative reviews...It truly does not describe Faith Academy. All of the teachers are so nice and caring. This school was chosen the highest level of National Accrediation this past year, only 7 schools were given this ranking. Faith goes above & beyond to meet my child's individual needs. This school is small, not crowded like local public schools that have 1000 students. My advice to you, is to stop by the school and take a tour. I promise that you will be impressed with the education you see in this building!

Posted July 13, 2011

loving enviroment. very family oriented. Great at spreading Gods word to the children in a way they can comprehend. Curriculum could be a little bit more challenging, but overall a great school.

Posted December 7, 2010

My kid missed one day of school and tried to make up the next day . I tried to explain to the staff, However the staff would not listen, the staff just shut the classroom door and told me and my kid to leave. It was not a good experience. I was very depressed and did not know how to explain to my kid.

Posted December 7, 2010

The campus is not a secure place. There is construction going on. People and contruction workers walk through the same door, and the campus door lock seems non exists. Every stranger could enter the campus without being ask. I am not sure if it following the Nevada pre-school campus guideline. There is no staff to greet you in the front door. The admission process is very confusing and unorganized.

Posted December 3, 2010

My child has attended this school for one week. The school is too crowded and teacher to student ratio is 1 to 14 for 4 years old grader. Kids get little attention and I saw kids get into fight with no teacher intervene. My kid started to talk some bad languages after attending the school. The teachers were mean and yield at students constantly. No Christian love. I felt sorry to put my kid in that environment. But now, we are happy with another school.

Posted December 3, 2010

Horrible School, the staff there is not professional and less care the kids. My kid's self-esteem is low after attending the school for 3 days!

Posted February 4, 2009

Faith Academy is a good faith based school. General education teachers are nice. Specialists are not certified. Not much leadership from principal. Kids seem to have fun though.

Posted November 1, 2008

My child has attended this school for seven years- the year it opened. She started pre-k here and is now in fifth grade. We love the size of the school, the Christian fundamentals, the nurturing environment and the teachers. I love that my child knows children in every grade - not just her class room. For a private school there could be a bit more focus on sports programs, art, foreign language, musical instruments, etc- Its sad there isn't a 'true' playground- but a parking lot. However all in all I've been pleased enough that not only has she been there for seven years- but we will continue in the Faith program through high school.

Posted October 16, 2008

Love this school! Small family/teacher watch out for each other. Like the small town you would like to live in but can't. Teachers are wonderful! My kids love it here!

Posted November 7, 2007

Faith Academy is a great school. I can't imagine a better school!
—Submitted by a student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2700 South Town Center Drive