No rating

Lamb of God Lutheran School

Private | PK-5 | 431 students

We are best known for teachers & use of technology.

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $117,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,130.

Sweep tile

Posted February 7, 2014

My child attended this school for Pre-K and K. I thought it was great until I moved. My child entered 1st grade in our new district behind the average and in remedial classes. I disagreed at first until I saw what the other kids were actually able to do. I reviewed the Lamb of God report card from Kindergarden and my oldest met or exceeded all measurable expectations. This is also what I recall from conversations with their teacher. This fact plus being placed in remedial courses at the new school is a measurable statistic. My youngest child is now in kindergarden in our new location and I had no idea a school would teach kindergarden kids this much, givem my past experience with kindergarden. I agree Lamb of God set the bar high for Las Vegas but, it still sells you way short. The teachers and staff were all very nice, I just believe their cirriculum was below what is expected outside of Las Vegas. I know choices are slim in Las Vegas, given the condition of public education but, I would caution you from giving them the amount of money required because, the return, measured in education is not worth it. This is only my opinion and I wish you luck in choosing a school.

Posted October 29, 2013

Lamb of God is a wonderful school. Our daughter is in her third year. She attended part-time preschool, full day kindergarten and now is in 1st grade. Her teachers have all been patient and kind. The class sizes are small. Also, there is a wide range of after school classes such as dance and painting. I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 27, 2013

The staff at Lamb of God is very caring and nurturing. The students learn so much and it's amazing to watch. All three of our children have enrolled in the pre-school program and their public school teachers have noticed how advanced they are compared to other pre-school programs. We are very happy sending our kids to Lamb of God. I would highly recommend them!

Posted October 24, 2013

My children have attended Lamb of God for 5 years and I am a completely satisfied parent. I love the warm caring environment that you don't find in most schools. From the teachers my children have had to the teachers that have coach the sports teams, they have all exceeded my expectations and taken a personal interest in all of the kids they work with. The Principal is a refreshing change. She's fair and consistent. She makes herself available and is often present for line up in the morning and again for release in the afternoon. She gives the school a feel of teamwork. I am very grateful for the time we have been at Lamb of God!

Posted October 23, 2013

Our school is Lamb of God Lutheran School. We love it for it's small size and dedication to the students success. The program is well rounded; focusing on the spiritual, mental and physical aspects of every child.

Posted October 23, 2013

Our daughter has been at Lamb of God Lutheran School since Kindergarten and we love it! We especially like the school's focus on Math, Technology and Christian Education. The children have access to computer lab, iPads are used for some tests and Promethian boards in some classrooms. The staff is amazing! Our daughter has received a top notch education. We would not hesitate to recommend Lamb of God Lutheran School.

Posted October 23, 2013

My children have attended this school from Pre-Kindergarden through fifth grade and it has been a blessing. The faculty and staff are very good, but the principal puts the school over the top. Mrs Klipfel is amazing and I cannot imagine my children having a better head administrator overlooking them. I have peace of mind knowing that my children attend this facility every day.

Posted October 22, 2013

You won't go wrong in choosing this school for your children. My son is in Junior Kindergarten. Everyday I am amazed with the progress he is making with his letter recognition and writing skills. Yet, these important skills are taught in a loving, patient way. My shy boy is happy and confident in this school setting. As a parent I feel safe sending my son to this school. The other parents are invested in their children and friendly. Plus, given the tuition of other private schools in the area you really get a great education with fantastic teachers for a more affordable tuition at Lamb of God.

Posted October 21, 2013

This school has given my two children not only a great education (they are at least 1.5 years ahead of the public school system) but a graceful peace in learning about the love of Jesus Christ. I can't say enough about the dedication of the teachers and administration to help each and every individual child achieve their best.

Posted October 21, 2013

I must have toured every preschool within 20 miles of my home before selecting Lamb of God for my son. Two months into the school year, I can't say enough wonderful things about It. He is learning so much so quickly, his behavior at home has improved, and most importantly, he LOVES it! His teachers are so caring and know him individually. Because we are not church members ourselves, I had some trepidation about the religious education my child would be receiving, but we have found it to be entirely age appropriate and, frankly, very sweet. Please do your child the favor of touring this school!

Posted October 20, 2013

A wonderful, warm school. Positive environment. caring and involved teachers and staff. Our daughter loves going to school.

Posted October 19, 2013

LOG is a fantastic school. My children have been going there for 4 years and we couldn't be happier. The teachers are fantastic and the class sizes are small. The largest class size my children ever had was 17 children. Compare that to Clark County School District and there is no comparison. There is a strong emphasis on math and reading and of course a great Christian education as well. My children are about a year ahead of the public school kids as several of my friends' kids are in public and they are doing what my kids did a year ago. Every classroom is equipped with smartboards. The computer lab is bright and cheery and my 2nd grader was doing powerpoint presentations. The principal is excellent and was named Administrator of the year in 2011 for the Southwest Lutheran Schools District. She works hard to make this school fantastic. The school also just received accreditation through the Lutheran Schools network. I do think the Spanish classes could be improved, though. They use are currently using RosettaStone software. My son's Spanish still seems so limited, but this just may be his young age. Nonetheless, I highly recommend this school with no hesitations.

Posted October 19, 2013

Lamb of God has provided my very active daughter with small classes, more individualized instruction, and best of all, a Christian foundation! I am pleased with both the curriculum and my daughter's learning progress.

Posted October 19, 2013

Lamb Of God Lutheran School is an awesome school! We are new to town and my boys started this August. They absolutely love it! The staff members are very compassionate and love the kids. Both of our boys are striving in the educational environment the school provides. From a parents perspective, we love how organized the staff is and how we are always kept in the loop on upcoming events. We also love that the parents are strongly encouraged to volunteer and be a part of their children's education. Another plus is the smaller class size. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a Christian education with a strong academic emphasis.

Posted October 18, 2013

I have two children at this school-one in preschool and one in elementary. The transition from one school to the next was seamless-there is no division between the 2 schools. The teachers are great-always willing to go the extra mile and get to know each student. The classes are small and the Core Knowledge curriculum is wonderful. As far as discipline, there are no bullying problems and any issues are handled quickly and effectively. Technology is great-each class has an interactive whiteboard and they also have a computer teacher. My kindergartner is able to navigate and type things on Word already. She is also bringing home books from her teacher to read at her level and she can already read so well. There are a number of after-school activities as well. I would recommend this school to any family looking for a Christian and highly academic environment.

Posted October 18, 2013

My daughter has been at Lamb of God for seven years as she started in preschool. The climate of Lamb of God has not only been successfully academically, but the Christian climate has been warm, nurturing and has given my child a strong foundation. I have been a parent volunteer for years, and have worked closely with administration, teachers and support staff. Everyone has one interest in mind...Student success for all students that enter their doors! I highly recommend and rate LOG and I am sad that we will need to move forward next year as my child graduates 5th grade. My child is a strong leader, determined and intelligent all to the LOG! I cannot thank them enough!

Posted October 18, 2013

Lamb of God Lutheran school is AMAZING! I feel like my kid is getting a quality education every day when I drop him off. All of his teachers have gone above and beyond to help him have great days and be successful! My only complaint is that the school only goes up elementary and I have no clue what I'm going to do for Middle School without Lamb of God!

Posted October 18, 2013

Lamb of God is a Christ centered school. They love God and our children. They were critical in the growth of my daughter both mentally and spiritually.

Posted October 18, 2013

Lamb of God Lutheran School is a wonderful, nurturing school who consistantly gives back to the surrounding community through various community events throughout the school year. I have two children who attend this school and they love the teachers, staff and students. Lamb of God has taught them to be kind and caring and about the importance of sharing and giving to those in need. I love this schoo too and have become friends with many of the teachers and all of the parents of the students in my third grader's class. It is a very loving and caring environment, not just the students, but for the families as well.

Posted October 18, 2013

My son is a student at LLOG, and our family couldn't be happier with the school. The entire staff seems to know every child. The faculty appear to love their jobs and love our children. My child has gained confidence in his own abilities, has improved his interpersonal skills, and come to love school, where before this was not the case. Four year olds should feel smart and loved and confident. LLOG is doing it right.

Asian 7% N/A

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Mrs. Sanna Klipfel
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (702) 645-6031

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Faith Lutheran