No rating

Mountain View Lutheran School

Private | PK-5

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $124,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted May 25, 2014

I had two kids attend MVLS and believe the environment in exactly what you would want in an elementary school. It's small and cozy. Every one knows the kids and parents and a stranger would stand out. I have never witnessed any problems with staff or parents. The parents I have met all get along and have become good friends. Our children have excelled scholastically and are well prepared for higher education. The children treat each other like brothers and sisters and will sure to be life long friends.

Posted April 30, 2014

I love this school! I am a teacher, and I am so happy with this schools preschool. The entire staff is caring, and friendly. My children love this place. I highly recommend it! The academics is on par, and I know my children feel loved there.

Posted January 19, 2014

This school is wonderful. It is awesome to drop your children off at a school where they are learning great values, morals as well as academics. The parents are all involved and the teachers are top notch. My son loves this school and his teachers! Not only are the teachers great but they truly care about your child!

Posted August 8, 2013

This is a fantastic school. I would highly recommend it. My three children have attended since pre-school. All three are above grade level in reading and math. If you support your child by reading with them at home regularly and making sure that they complete their homework they will do really well at Mountain View. The teachers are very approachable and take pride in their work. I can't say enough good things about this school.

Posted July 16, 2013

Mountain View Lutheran School offers a loving environment where the kids are challenged, but still have fun. My two kids are happy to go to school every day. One of my children just graduated and she is well prepared to move on to Faith Lutheran Middle School next year. I highly recommend Mountain View.

Posted April 1, 2013

My child has been attending Mt. View for two years now. Not one day has gone by that he wasn't excited to go. I love the fact that all of the teachers know who he is, your child is never a number at this school! I am so glad we found this school.

Posted September 13, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this school...both my sons attended from pre school through 5th grade and created wonderful memories...the education, structure, teachers, and tradition are just to name a few of the reasons we loved this school...both me and my sons also created friendships of a lifetime...I will forever recommend Mountain View Lutheran whenever given the opportunity! We miss it so!!!

Posted July 29, 2012

I have never seen a dirty restroom or classroom AND while you can't please everyone, I think the staff AND the principal do a great job!

Posted July 28, 2012

We had two children in this school. After being disappointed in the reading program we had them tested at a couple of other private schools. Though the children both had straight A's, they tested at the 50-75% level at the other schools for Reading. After months of tutoring, they both passed into the other schools. Other factors that were not satisfactory were the cleanliness of the classrooms and restrooms as well as the professionalism of the principal and regular fundraising / dontation requests.

Posted June 8, 2012

OUTSTANDING! And they really love the kids. Great school. Any child would benefit by attending Mountain View.

Posted June 5, 2012

Love the school. I know my children are in good hands after I drop them off. Every teacher knows every student and not just in their class. When my son was in kindergarten and we went to a play at the junior high, children who had the kindergarten teacher ran up to him to see and talk to him. The strong leadership and mentoring followed these kids for years, as too for my children. I must say the math is top notch. Not only are they getting a good education, but an extended family.

Posted June 5, 2012

MVLS is the greatest school! My son attended school at Mountain View from kindergarten through fifth grade and enjoyed every minute of it. The teachers are phenomenal, the support staff is great, and the principal is top notch. The classroom size is small and the children are challenged. The parent involvement is so incredible. It is like an extended family. The art teacher is so amazing! The kids learn so many things in her class. You will be amazed. The teachers are very focused on the children. In my son's fifth grade class the teacher noticed that some kids were excelling in math so she had another math teacher come in and challenge those kids with higher math so that she could concentrate on the other students that needed a little more help. Amazing! My son loved going to school everyday. He is now at Faith and I can honestly say that Mountain View prepared him very well for his new school.This school will exceed all your expectations and will be the best thing you can do for your child's education.

Posted June 5, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this school in the past eight years with our two children. We will miss this community/environment.

Posted June 4, 2012

My children have just finished another fantastic year at Mountain View Lutheran School and we are looking forward to another great year ahead. Both of my children are performing far ahead of their peers in public schools and, most importantly, they are happy to go to school every day. My children have grown a lot from their participation in extra curricular activities after school, such as sports, drama club, and band. Parents are very involved in the school. We love Mountain View and would recommend it to any of our friends!

Posted June 4, 2012

As a parent of a kindergartner I was apprehesive to separate from my child. I can truly say the kindergarten teacher put my mind at ease. I visited and observed and this teacher is very nurturing. He seems to know the children, Gets to really know them, and still teaches them in a fun way. The kids respond to him well. They learn, are happy to be in his class and above all, they learn to be good people. I have recommended this school and kindergarten class to many of my friends.. I will be sending my child to this school from now on, and feel blessed for the contribution the kindergarten teacher has had in forming my child.

Posted June 4, 2012

I can not say enough amazing things about MLVS. My child has been in the school for 3 years, attending two years of preschool and just finishing up Kindergarten. The Teachers and Staff are amazing and my children will continue with the school through 5th grade. You could not make a better choice in a school for your little one. They are cared for, attend to, and most importantly are safe. Their reading and math programs are also AMAZING. My child is reading, writing, spelling, and completing math assignments that her cousin in second grade needs help with, not bad for a 5 year old! I truly can not wait for my youngest child to be able to start in the program!

Posted June 4, 2012

Mountain View Lutheran School has been an outstanding school for all three of my children. We started at this school in preschool and fell in love with the teachers, the environment, and their commitment to every child. All three of my children have different levels of abilities and needs and Mountain View was able to meet each one exactly where they needed. I love the small community and attention my children always receive. My children have had wonderful life experiences participating in sports, clubs, and countless other after school activities. I know my children are loved by the staff and truly love and care about educating children. This is a most awesome school!

Posted June 4, 2012

Mountain View isn't just a school but a family! My child is excited to get up in the morning for kindergarten. I am so prould of how much she has accomplished this past year in reading, writing, spelling and math. I continue to be impressed in the Christian young lady she is becoming. Through out the year I have watched as the teachers treat my child as if she was one of their own. I had the opportunity to participate as a parent helper. It brought joy to my heart to see how the children respected and loved the kindergarten teacher and were so eager to learn from him. I thank all the teachers for a wonderful school year. Althought it saddens me to move on to 1st grade, I know that my child will continue to learn from teachers who honestly care about her and her success. We would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for an outstanding Christian school.

Posted June 4, 2012

From the first moment I walked into Mountain View Lutheran I was blown away. The amount of love and genuine caring has kept us there for the past three years. My son claims to be a reading machine thanks to his kindergarten teacher. My daughter is starting kindergarten next fall and we could not be more excited. I found all the teachers and staff easy to speak with and very accessible. I recommend MVLS to anyone looking for a quality Christian education. My family is blessed to have found them.

Posted June 4, 2012

Excellent school..Excellent teachers! We started at Mountainview on the preschool side and instantly fell in love with the school. My daughter is finishing her Kindergarten year and we could not not be more happier with how much she has learned and how amazing the kindergarten teacher is. My daughter is getting an amazing eduation and goes to school each day happy to be there eager to learn. A great school and we feel very blessed to be a part of the Mountainview family.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • ELEA
Fax number
  • (702) 804-5293

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious