PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted February 04, 2016
I think they rate below average standards. There is a real complacent in their education regimen. They tend to want parent's involvement, to the point of re-teaching children at home.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted February 04, 2016
I think children adult behavior and this school does not properly foster the best attitude with regard to empathy and compassion.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted February 04, 2016
There is a lack of fairness in their treatment of all children. They have a tendency to favor some students over others.

Mountain View Lutheran School 1

Posted February 04, 2016
The school has poor leadership. There is a general philosophy of independent learning for the 4th and 5th grade level, in which parents tend to "home school" their children in the evenings. This is difficult for working parents. There should be more instruction and oversight of most of the children learning and comprehending subject matter while at school. Sports are minimal and technology takes a back seat in education here. Rules and religion take center stage.

Mountain View Lutheran School 2

Posted January 22, 2016
The parent/teacher partnership of educational enrichment is marginal at best. There is a lack of equal opportunity for all children to be successful in learning and extra-curricular activities at this school. The same children are selected for plays, sports, and academic honors without a clear indication of superior aptitude or performance. There is a complacency of attitude toward innovative ways to educate children based on individual learning styles.

Posted May 25, 2014
I had two kids attend MVLS and believe the environment in exactly what you would want in an elementary school. It's small and cozy. Every one knows the kids and parents and a stranger would stand out. I have never witnessed any problems with staff or parents. The parents I have met all get along and have become good friends. Our children have excelled scholastically and are well prepared for higher education. The children treat each other like brothers and sisters and will sure to be life long friends.

Posted April 30, 2014
I love this school! I am a teacher, and I am so happy with this schools preschool. The entire staff is caring, and friendly. My children love this place. I highly recommend it! The academics is on par, and I know my children feel loved there.

Posted January 19, 2014
This school is wonderful. It is awesome to drop your children off at a school where they are learning great values, morals as well as academics. The parents are all involved and the teachers are top notch. My son loves this school and his teachers! Not only are the teachers great but they truly care about your child!

Mountain View Lutheran School 2

Posted November 06, 2013
While the teachers and staff are great with the kids I do have one big concern... My kinder-child is left handed and is always getting low grades for "fine motor" skills. There are no lefty scissors or other school supplies at the school. I do want my child to learn to do things in a right handed world but I do not think that a lefty should be marked down for things a right handed child can do better. I am aware of my childs weaknesses and I have been working with him for years now, and does do better then the other lefty's in the same grade, but I think the grading is bias... My child cuts very poorly with right handed scissor so I am ordering a lefty pair for him, he sometimes writes or read letters backwards so I have to get him tutoring on the side, and no one seems to have any knowledge of how to guide a left handed child. I think everyone should take special training on how to help Lefty's!

Posted August 08, 2013
This is a fantastic school. I would highly recommend it. My three children have attended since pre-school. All three are above grade level in reading and math. If you support your child by reading with them at home regularly and making sure that they complete their homework they will do really well at Mountain View. The teachers are very approachable and take pride in their work. I can't say enough good things about this school.

9550 West Cheyenne Avenue, Las Vegas, NV  89129
Last modified Mountain View Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5