9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

If your child is a star athlete they will have no problem making the football team. If your child is average, but comes to the whole summer camp, makes the team and he'll never get to play! The head coach for varsity is arrogant! He will not even talk to you unless your kid is one of his star players. If your kid wants to play football, do not send them to this high school!

I'm mixed in my response to Arbor View. We've had some really good teachers, we've had some horrible teachers, and we've had a great deal of help from the counseling staff and office. I'm of the opinion that they "track" students and that has caused a lot of problems given that my child is trying to improve and being put in classes that don't match her new resolve to succeed. I feel sorry for some of the teachers who are having to deal with drugs, alcohol, bad language, unruly behavior and more, in their classrooms. I don't think this is an Arbor View problem so much as a system wide issue. There is also the insect problem that no one but the kids seem to mention (I've heard reports from several of cockroaches). This year, the cafeteria and other classrooms were infested from early in the school year until the end of the school year. I understand they will be dealing with this over the summer but still. Overall I think this school is average. You'll find good and bad in any school in CCSD probably. You can get a good education here if you are a diligent student or have diligent parents.

We have been to three school in three years- ouch- in three different cities.. arbor view is one of the better schools although there were others rated much higher on this web site. a few places they need to improve- parent portal- make use of the upcoming assignment feature. Internet: please instruct teachers not to bash technology. If the school blocks the web site in the school don't expect the students to have to pull out their I phone or androids and log on to a site in class to get around the block. Not all students can afford data plans. Not really thrilled with all the work they have to do on the computer at home- it feels like a way to reduce the amount of work the teacher does grading which also reduces the amount of constructive criticism they can give the student. If there is a good reason for not having work done by a due date- take the work This school is much better organised than any other we have been to. For the most part the teachers put the grades in, in a timely manner. Most of the teachers seem professional in their conduct- I don't obviously know everyone- it's a big school.

Arbor View I don't understand what happened between student and the administration in the first rating below. First of all, teachers should not be cursing at students. Not a good example. Next if the student went to apologize, where was the upper administration to deal with this if the teached didn't accept the apology. Why would the student be blocked from attending class. Three years ago, another of my grandchildren graduated from Arbor View. I was really impressed with the principal and the whole staff. What happened? My grandson, this year, loves the school. Doesnt' get into trouble. But, I would hope that the staff would be considerate of all students. This is where they learn to get along in the world. Teachers should be the first example. Hold their temper. Hope it gets corrected. I, also, don't think that political views should be aired at school, unless it is a two-way street.

I am a student at Arbor View and recently got into a verbal dispute with a teacher who was cursing at students. I stood up for myself, causing me to get reprimanded. After I was reprimanded, I went to apologize to calm the situation. That teacher was blatantly disrespectful. That teacher continued to kick me out of their class, day after day. I was reprimanded for not showing up to that teachers period. Arbor View is by far, the most radical, unreasonable, and unfair school towards minorities. The facility is amazing though!

Clubs are great friends are great high drug use and its hit and miss on good teachers They are either really nice or very abusive. Last year was great. All the good staff took promotions end of last year so we have new staff now

Arbor view is graded at 2 stars out of 5 for the 2011-2012 school year per dwight jones the ccsd superintendent

I went here for two weeks and all i can say is that it was so clique. Coming from California it was an adjustment but i didn't realize how different it was going to be. The staff there is a joke. Mostly care about getting money from the state rather than the students well being. And the counselor i had was no help at all, don't know why he works with kids. Two weeks was enough for me to judge based on what i saw and experience.

I am currently a junior at Arbor View. I've attended since freshman year. I've come to find that the school is what you make of it. The teachers of the honors and AP classes are very helpful and go above and beyond for their students. Many take extra time out of their schedule for after school help, and really make an effort to get to know their students. However, most teachers tend to bash kids in regular, accelerated programs. The campus is always immaculately clean and decorated in posters. Arbor has lost of school spirit; there are always lots of people at the games and people walking around wearing our school mascot. As far as students go, most are kind and friendly, however most new students find it hard to fit in due to it's cliquey nature. The school also seems to base everything on popularity; student council is chosen more on how cool you are rather than your qualifications. Our sports teams are exceptional. Our football and soccer teams have won many competitions. The school offers a good amount of clubs that range from community service to anime. Our school isn't perfect, but I'm still proud to be an Aggie.

Arbor View is the most amazing high school ever!! It has excellent teachers, the best sport teams a great school spirit, it is super clean, it has like no fights, the students are really nice and help each other. No Freshmen Haters! &Teachers get respected and keep their students calm.

Last modified Arbor View High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.