Posted April 02, 2014
My child had been a student for three years at Spring Valley he ended up being able to get on the swimming team and worked hard. He wasn't the best swimmer but he was the hardest practice person. I feel that Spring Valley brings out the best in some of our children that falls between the cracks. and especially our children that comes from different backgrounds like foster children get labeled but you don't know how they got there but some do pull themselves up and continue to do well. Especially my swimmer we are proud of him and the teachers who saw a talent and worked with him. Thank you Spring Valley. Proud Foster Parent.

Spring Valley High School 1

Posted January 30, 2013
My son has been apart of SVHS since 9th grade and he is in his Senior year now. He is a student any school would be happy to have. He has always played on team sports with a lot of school spirit & pride. He strives to get the best grades, A's & B's and he's NEVER been in any kind of trouble!!! A situation occurred and I turned to the help of the administration, I believed that with ALL the TIME & MONEY I had spent with volunteering and participation over the last few years that they would take the time to listen to me explain the misunderstanding that had taken place. But they basically slammed their doors in our faces... I still have not had any type of meeting with Mr. Gerye the actual principle, he has NO time, nor does he even try to show that he cares about this student or any others. And that is why I believe he has the administration do the very same. NOT CARE & NOT TAKE the TIME to HELP ANY STUDENT in NEED. If you have no choice and have to enroll your child in this school all I can say is, I'm sorry! If you find yourself in anytype of situation DO NOT Expect Any Help from this schools administration, they really don't want to be bothered, JUST PAID!!!

Spring Valley High School 1

Posted January 15, 2013
Spring Valley High on the surface seems to be an average public educational experience. But the school administrators seem to be most concerned about their numbers and budget and not the school body. The parents in the district state that the staff has ran over the student body for years. Our experience has been horrible. The parents speculate that 90% of the parents are not happy with the school staff. It appears that the school district employees are far below average. So educating young adults is up to the parents, do not expect much from the school system and know that your child's success is completely up to you.

Spring Valley High School 2

Posted May 30, 2011
I thought that Spring Valley was a pretty average school on a nice campus until I transferred to a different school across town and saw a major difference. By comparison, SPVHS is filled with staff and teachers who wouldn't want to give a student the time of day to help reteach or guide students in making important desicions and are, overall, an undedicated school. I have never (as a student) got a speedy answer (or an answer at all) from administration through any other way than making a parent call the school and threaten to call the superintendant, but I thought that was normal... Changing schools was one of the best desicions I made in my High school career

Spring Valley High School 2

Posted April 28, 2011
Most of the stuff and teacher are not nice and is not really helpful at all.

Spring Valley High School 3

Posted March 24, 2010
It's an average school in a city of below average choices in schools. Not the best but not the worst. They are hampered by budget cuts and overcrowding. Not a lot of extra curicular activities or fun classes.

Posted November 03, 2009
As an involved parent of a Senior, I have had and excellent experience with staff. Counselors have been helpful, and when I need to speak with teachers, they have always been helpful, and answer my emails quick!

Spring Valley High School 0

Posted August 21, 2009
I love Spring Valley High, and pretty disappointed that I will move to a different school. The environment here is wonderful, teachers, students and staff just great. I am proud to be a former Grizzly. Go SPVHS!

Posted July 09, 2009

Spring Valley High School 4

Posted April 09, 2009

Spring Valley High School
3750 South Buffalo Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89147
Last modified Spring Valley High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews.