Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,021

Posted August 13, 2014
Batterman elementary is one of the best schools in Clark County. The staff is excellent and friendly. I was a substitute at many other school in CCSD so far I see that Batterman is on of the top we have. Most of the teachers are motivated and challenge our children. Our children's education doesn't just come from our schools, it's comes from parent involvement too.

Posted May 31, 2013
Its a wonderful school!! The teachers try their best to educate students. They try to make it fun so the students will not get bored. This school is truly one of a kind! I cant imagine what it would be like if i went to another school. They try to improve their teaching skills to make it better for the students. I really recommend this school.

Posted October 23, 2011
I went to this school the year it opened when I was in first grade all the way through fifth grade. I only had one bad teacher throughout my time at Batterman and I was assured that she was fired after the first year (thank God). After visiting a few times to pick up my little brother, very few of the teachers have left the school since I left for middle school. That means they will probably be taught better after figuring out ways they could improve their teaching skills every year. Although I did hate one teacher the whole time I now realize that she was doing her job and doing her best to teach us. Some of the teachers even remember me still. Some things may have changed, but I recommend this school.

Kathy L. Batterman Elementary School 1

Posted September 30, 2011
Worse school ever... a 9 on rating? are you kidding me? giving citations to kids that are not at fault, just because they didnt see what the other kids does,,now thats a start of bullying. Great job teacher lol!

Posted June 11, 2011
My son just finished kindergarden at Batterman. I have no complaints whatsoever. The teachers are great (Mrs. Hanly, in particular) and are even better at using resources they have due to budget cuts. Remember, parents need to be a partner in their children's education in order for their children to succeed!!!

Posted April 28, 2011
Batterman is a wonderful school! I am surprised by these reviews from disgruntled parents. Remember, there are two-sides to every story and the negative reviews here are only one-sided. The front office staff is the friendliest and most caring staff around. The teachers at Batterman are also smart, caring, and enthusiastic. The principal is one of the most visible and supportive principals I have encountered. She is always present and available for phone calls/conferences. The teachers are all great! There are many teachers who collaborate with others and their students all work in projects together. Yes, there have been parents who do not say thank you when I have held the door, or did not say good morning when I see them on the playground or in the parking lot, but that is true of most citizens of Las Vegas. I would not judge an entire school based on the unfriendly behavior of a few. Above all, this praise is nothing in comparison to the fact that Batterman has made AYP every single year since they opened; many surrounding schools do not hold that prestigious honor. Obviously, Batterman is doing something right if the students keep progressing year after year!

Kathy L. Batterman Elementary School 3

Posted June 22, 2010
My daughter started Kinder this year and we signed her up for the all-day program. Overall, she has learned a lot and seems adequately interested in the material. I am however a little disappointed with the class structure. My daughter has been disciplined for her chattiness, and as her mom, I can relate to that, but I think much of her distraction is because she is not engaged in the classroom. I've expressed my concerns to her teacher in hopes of resolving the issue, but received no constructive plan on how to change the behavior. My husband and I met with the Principal and Asst Principal to introduce ourselves and talk about our daughter's personality and style of learning in hopes of pairing her with the right teacher. I felt they were very supportive of us coming in to talk and I look forward to next year.

Kathy L. Batterman Elementary School 3

Posted November 27, 2009
After watching my grandchild do some classwork with instructions from the teacher, I now understand why the students were having difficulty comprehending the teacher's request to do the work. Listening to the explanation of the work was all over the place. Just observing the kids' faces when it was explained and the unacceptable attitude about having to explain the work had me believe that person is a 'textbook' teacher with very little room for creativity and very robotic. It appeared as if the teacher was the only one in the class and practicing these teaching skills which were very dull and lifeless. Too bad some of our kids are just pushed through school with very little teaching, to meet the criteria of the school's quota. On a good note, I observed another class where the teacher got 'her hands dirty' teaching her students. The kids were having fun while learning! Kudos!

Posted March 26, 2009
I am very proud to say that I have taught at Kathy L. Batterman ES since the day we opened our doors and I am pleased to read the positive remarks that parents have written! In today's world teaching can be a very scary and difficult job, but with the supportive parents and staff that we have at our school it makes all of the difference in the world. There may be times when the principal is not in her office, but that is what is wonderful about our school- our principal is in the classrooms where she ought to be; she is getting to know the students of the school. We credit ourselves for giving our students the knowledge of self discovery and hands on learning. This is evident, because our students like coming to school. Thank you to our community for all that you do, Mrs. Dawn Villafuerte

Kathy L. Batterman Elementary School 0

Posted December 11, 2008
I too am glad that my son is no longer at this school. He was only at the school for a short time before we decided to take him out. An uncaring and unknowledgable staff made it an emotionally unsafe environment for him. We frequently breathe a sigh of relief that we are in a new school.

Kathy L. Batterman Elementary School
10135 West Quail Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89148
(702) 799-1920
Last modified Kathy L. Batterman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kathy L. Batterman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top