Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Eileen Conners Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2016
My last complaint; there are no buses to or from the school so dropping off your kids is a headache but picking them up is an hour long ordeal on some days! If you don't get there 20-30 mins early you have to park blocks down the road and some people park in the neighboring housing division. If you are lucky enough to be able to waste 30 minutes just to get a good place to park then guess what, it's going to take you an insanely long time to get out! The kids are tired, hungry, excitable, have to go pee, whatever & you are stuck. It's a funnel of hell. 1000 students worth of parents all converging to pick their kid up at the exact same time with limited ways out! Now again, I'm not from Vegas, maybe this is just a fact of Vegas parenting, but I absolutely hate it! I leave my house to get my kids from school every day around 2:50, get there around 3, kids get out at 3:20 & if we're lucky we make it back home around 3:45. I mourn for the elementary school we left behind. My biggest fear is that this is rated one of the better Las Vegas schools.

Eileen Conners Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 08, 2016
Mrs. Wilson, I was so worried about Sydney and how she would fair academically when she started school because it was so difficult for me to capture and maintain her attention long enough to teach her much of anything like I had with her older sister. You've truly brought out the very best in my daughter & im not sure anyone else could've done the amazing job you have! The progress she has made literally astonishes me & I am grateful every day to you for that! I wish we could take you with her into 1st grade! You are amazing! Thank you!

Eileen Conners Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2015
The school is good. It doesn't have anything above or beyond the normal. But no complaints on the learning side. The front office staff is HORRIBLE though! They are extremely rude! And have been from the first day I signed my daughter up for kindergarten. A TON of parents have the same opinion! At least I'm not alone in feeling this way. But I try and never have to go in the office. I've known several parents that have pulled their kids out just because of the office staff and problems.

Posted October 21, 2015
Great Staff and wonderful administration. They are not shills to ridiculous Common Core drill and kill ideals that permeates throughout CCSD.

Eileen Conners Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2015
The principal needs to be replaced. Worst I have ever experienced. Will defend incompetent teachers rather than look out for the interests and welfare of our children.

Posted January 03, 2015
My son has been attending Conners for two years now. I had heard bad things about the Las Vegas public school system so I was apprehensive at the beginning, but my worries were quickly put to rest. My son loves going to school every day, his teacher, Mrs. Cleghorn, is the most caring and dedicated professional one could hope for, and the progress he has made in the last two years in the special education program has been amazing to us. I look forward to seeing how he grows at Conners in the years to come!

Eileen Conners Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2013
I'm sure this school is great, and does a very good job of teaching and raising kids. I thought Connerval was a very cute idea as well. However, I wish the parents of the students would get a clue, and realize that their darling children don't need to scream during their entire commute to school, and wake up the whole surrounding area. Also, the parking lot is a nightmare, with parents so worried about little Johnny getting to school that they don't pay attention to how they are driving. Again, I'm sure the school is a great one, and it's hard to make most parents accountable today without being sued, but seriously....are most of you parents deaf, or just dumbed down by medication?

Posted August 16, 2013
So far, I have had a very positive experience with this school. My daughter is about to start her fourth year there and we have appreciated every teacher and their efforts to accommodate a variety of children. When parents take the time to meet teachers and other staff members and recognize the need to work with their children at home, they will see the results they seek. My daughter has excelled academically thanks to wonderful teachers such as Mrs. Williams, Ms. Bernt and Mrs. McKethen. The Principal is involved with the kids and know most of them by name. I've watched Mrs. Blomstrom interact with kids during lunch. She tries very hard to get to know them. I have heard parents complain that the Principal of this school is strict. Please, she's a Principal, folks. I would expect nothing less... Finally, the ladies at the front desk are very sweet.

Posted August 07, 2013
Both of my kids attend Conners for the last 2 years. My husband and I both enjoy a friendly school environment for our kids, kind and helpful office staffs. The principal is outstanding and genuinely caring for each student. I often see office staffs or principal remembering children's names and just addressing their names and saying hi to them in the hall way! Teachers are wonderful, they put students individual needs first. Teachers work hard to teach children and are patient. The students body is friendly and rarely I see bully situations. Whenever there might be incidents, teacher/staff/principal are always approaching the kids with love and coaching them in the right direction. Very inspirational. We've been to a different school in Summerlin, where the school is smaller, but their staff isn't nearly as friendly as Conners and I have never seen the principal the whole year I was there. Really impressed with Conners staffs, student body, teachers and principal thriving for the wellness of each children! My kids can't wait to go back to school already.

Posted June 05, 2013
Quite honestly, I cannot find the words to say just how much my family and I appreciate what Eileen Conners has meant to my grandson. For a number of reasons, when he started at the school, in 1st grade, he was an emotional disaster, lacking self-confidence and was totally withdrawn. With the dedication and patience of every single member of staff, from the Principal (Ms. Blomstrom) down, he has now blossomed into a polite, confident, friendly, sociable young man, ready to take middle school in stride. While we recognize the education of a child, and the molding of their character, begins in the home, we couldn't have done it without everyone at Eileen Conners working with us every step of the way.

Eileen Conners Elementary School
3810 Shadow Peak Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89129
Last modified Eileen Conners Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.