Eileen Conners Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2013
I'm sure this school is great, and does a very good job of teaching and raising kids. I thought Connerval was a very cute idea as well. However, I wish the parents of the students would get a clue, and realize that their darling children don't need to scream during their entire commute to school, and wake up the whole surrounding area. Also, the parking lot is a nightmare, with parents so worried about little Johnny getting to school that they don't pay attention to how they are driving. Again, I'm sure the school is a great one, and it's hard to make most parents accountable today without being sued, but seriously....are most of you parents deaf, or just dumbed down by medication?

Posted August 16, 2013
So far, I have had a very positive experience with this school. My daughter is about to start her fourth year there and we have appreciated every teacher and their efforts to accommodate a variety of children. When parents take the time to meet teachers and other staff members and recognize the need to work with their children at home, they will see the results they seek. My daughter has excelled academically thanks to wonderful teachers such as Mrs. Williams, Ms. Bernt and Mrs. McKethen. The Principal is involved with the kids and know most of them by name. I've watched Mrs. Blomstrom interact with kids during lunch. She tries very hard to get to know them. I have heard parents complain that the Principal of this school is strict. Please, she's a Principal, folks. I would expect nothing less... Finally, the ladies at the front desk are very sweet.

Posted August 07, 2013
Both of my kids attend Conners for the last 2 years. My husband and I both enjoy a friendly school environment for our kids, kind and helpful office staffs. The principal is outstanding and genuinely caring for each student. I often see office staffs or principal remembering children's names and just addressing their names and saying hi to them in the hall way! Teachers are wonderful, they put students individual needs first. Teachers work hard to teach children and are patient. The students body is friendly and rarely I see bully situations. Whenever there might be incidents, teacher/staff/principal are always approaching the kids with love and coaching them in the right direction. Very inspirational. We've been to a different school in Summerlin, where the school is smaller, but their staff isn't nearly as friendly as Conners and I have never seen the principal the whole year I was there. Really impressed with Conners staffs, student body, teachers and principal thriving for the wellness of each children! My kids can't wait to go back to school already.

Posted June 05, 2013
Quite honestly, I cannot find the words to say just how much my family and I appreciate what Eileen Conners has meant to my grandson. For a number of reasons, when he started at the school, in 1st grade, he was an emotional disaster, lacking self-confidence and was totally withdrawn. With the dedication and patience of every single member of staff, from the Principal (Ms. Blomstrom) down, he has now blossomed into a polite, confident, friendly, sociable young man, ready to take middle school in stride. While we recognize the education of a child, and the molding of their character, begins in the home, we couldn't have done it without everyone at Eileen Conners working with us every step of the way.

Posted May 15, 2012
Both of my kids have had wonderful, caring, dedicated teachers. My son unfortunately leaves this school after next year and I will be so sad. The principal is amazing, every teacher my kids have had has been top-notch. I find it really interesting that the bad reviews come from parents that cannot spell or write at all. Perhaps they should spend some time with their children at school or work with their children on homework. They could improve their own spelling and grammar and stop being so negative! I cannot imagine why anyone would give a negative review of Conners. The activities are fun, the specials (music, art, library, P.E.) and GATE teachers are wonderful most of the parents are very involved. The only sad part is the neighborhood has suffered with foreclosures in the terrible economy (like so many areas in Vegas), so my kids have had many friends come and go through the years. Conners is fantastic! I can easily afford private school, but I have been so happy with Conners that I feel no need to even consider other schools.

Posted April 19, 2012
My son has attended Conners ES for 2 years. He has had a wonderful experience. His teacher is amazing. She has high expectations (as all the teachers at Conners do) and works hard to make sure my son reaches his fullest potential. The principal is accessible and has helped solve the few problems that have come up. The office staff always greats me with a smile and they are all extremely friendly and helpful. As a former teacher I see how hard the staff works. Anyone who is unhappy with this school should look in the mirror. Educating children requires a partnership. I know the school is holding up their end.

Eileen Conners Elementary School 1

Posted March 01, 2012
the teachers at this school are not good the students suffer!! they dont learn its just a daycare in the kindergarden class nothing else my son is in the class for the handicap and he did better and made progress at dean allen elementary and at this scool he has not!! he was starting to talk last year and this year he has shutdown!! he has not said a word he wont even sign anymore i am pulling him out!!!.
2 people found this helpful

Eileen Conners Elementary School 1

Posted October 15, 2011
This school leaves a lot to be desired in the way of helping children that are being bullied or harassed by other students that the teachers and staff have personal relationships with the bullies parents. I have found by speaking and personal seeing this year alone a couple of students whom have been bullied being singled out to eat in the office or having their parents called when accusations or circumstances have shown that those students were not in the wrong; however, the other students were on first name bases with the staff members or teachers and therefore not recommended. This unfair and wrong. Hopefully Clark County will start paying attention to their students and start investigating schools that show this form of injustice and impartiality towards their students; whom happen to be our future. A concerned and troubled parent

Eileen Conners Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2011
Special thanks to Mrs. Ruiz and Mrs. Yuhas. Wonderful ladies. They are going to miss to my daugher so much. You did a great job. Thank you !!

Posted May 26, 2011
This school has been wonderful! The Principle is AMAZING! She is dedicated to teaching the children patriotism and respect. And Mrs. Williams is by far the BEST Kindergarten teacher ever. We have had such a positive experience! Thank You Connors!

Eileen Conners Elementary School
3810 Shadow Peak Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89129
Last modified Eileen Conners Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eileen Conners Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top