Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted February 09, 2016
CCSD is the worse in the nation, but this school is awful. Specially when it comes to special education programs.. Kids in these type of classroom are segragate from the rest of the school community. Inclusion is not supported and pretty much there is not equality for all students in special education classrooms at Givens Elemnentary. They wont provide support and violates every rights this students have to be in the least restrictive environment.

Posted November 18, 2015
I have one One child currently at Lynda Givens and one that just graduated and I've been nothing but happy with their students, faculty school grounds and the principal. Everything about the schools been awesome !

Posted August 23, 2014
This school is too overcrowded, the office staff is rude, and the parking and parents make it hard to even get the kids to school. Avoid this school if you want more personal learning experience.

Linda Rankin Givens Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My school is a great school for the community. This is the first year for the new principal and he has done a great job leading this school. The administrative staff and teachers are generally great to work with day-to-day. Yes, the school is large for an elementary school but the individual class sizes are not bad. The teachers are very focused on helping the students succeed.

Posted February 10, 2014
We couldn't be happier with our son's education and the staff is excellent! He has been going to Givens school since he was in Kindergarten.

Posted January 31, 2014
We moved to the area and did a LOT of research on the different schools in the area (and left no stone unturned -- we looked at private, charter, and homeschool co-ops). We had read about how poor the schools are in Nevada, and specifically in Las Vegas, and we were apprehensive with what we would find. We were very concerned about the number of kids at Givens, and a public school education, but after a TWO HOUR conversation with the principal, I felt like the school was well-run and well staffed. Now, after being there almost two years, I can say that it is definitely worthy of it's 5 star rating. Is everything perfect? No...but there is no such thing as a perfect school. But, for our family, we are very pleased with the teachers, the administration, the PTA, everything. We are so glad that we are zoned for Givens!

Posted September 19, 2013
We recognize that the school is overcrowded; however, its principal, teachers and support staff are phenomenal! We're fortunate enough to be able to afford private school, but this is where we have our children going. We spent four months looking for a home in its catchment area because our children s' educational experience was the number 1 determinant in where we wanted to live. The tone of the negative ratings sounds like sour grapes; and, sadly, several of the negative ratings bear too much of a resemblance to each other. Our children s' experience has been nothing less than positive and the teachers are stellar. Yes, the school is crowded, but I couldn't agree with another reviewer, who likened it to a "well-oiled machine". The PTA is like no other with an involvement rate that would be the envy of any school in any district. It received a 5-star rating from the state, for which it's well deserved. It receives a 5-star rating from me for how they've helped educate our children. They have our heartfelt "Thank You".

Posted August 27, 2013
Givens is an amazing school! The teachers/staff are knowledgeable and caring. My daughter loves to attend school on a daily basis. She has not had one bad experience and this is starting her third year at this school. The only thing Givens needs to improve on is class room sizes. I believe in order to give each student the proper attention, the class sizes should be reduced.

Posted January 21, 2013
Very unsatisfied. Too crowded! I agree to the comment that Clark County is one of the worst in the nation. This is why there's gangs, shootings, bullying etc. You will not find this in a private school. There are few private schools that are not too expensive out there. I guess even if you live in Summerlin, public schools in Las Vegas are just not good.

Linda Rankin Givens Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2013
I do not care how great the school is. Clark County School District is one of the worst in the nation. Most class have 25 and over children to 1 teacher. This school is way over crowded. I guess everywhere is the same. I will transfer my children to private school. I do not want to regret later on. Clark County is so absurd.

Linda Rankin Givens Elementary School
655 Park Vista Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89138
Last modified Linda Rankin Givens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.