Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teachers are very strict and not good supervision, because a lot of kids do unnecessary things.

Amount of homework: Disagree

In 2nd grade the HW seems to be ridiculous and in 5th grade they hardly ever have homework!

I would love to give this school 1 star, but that would not be fair to the teachers that taught my two children. The teachers my children had were wonderful, but the interaction I had with other teachers was not good at all. I have never entered a school and felt so unwelcome or as an outsider as I have at this school. Teachers have literally argued with me, been rude, and down right disrespectful. I even had teachers turn down volunteer help! That has NEVER happened! I get the feeling that most of the teachers at this school feel they can do whatever they want since Nevada is hurting so much for teachers they know their job is safe. The front office staff is unwelcoming, unhelpful, and downright rude most of the time, except for maybe 2 of them. The principal is NEVER around and he is always in a "meeting" or busy doing other "things," and cannot be bothered to attend a PTA meeting, yet I have caught him multiple times just standing around in the front office not doing anything. There are 2 VP's at this school and I have not met either one and neither of them attend PTA meetings or other school functions. It is sad that this school's test scores give people a false sense of what the PEOPLE are like in the school. I am glad that my kids got a good education, but shouldn't the atmosphere of the school be important as well? We will NOT be returning to this school for the 2016-2017 school year. If I were you and you want to know what this school is REALLY like, visit BEFORE you move or register. It just might not be worth your time and effort.

CCSD is the worse in the nation, but this school is awful. Specially when it comes to special education programs.. Kids in these type of classroom are segragate from the rest of the school community. Inclusion is not supported and pretty much there is not equality for all students in special education classrooms at Givens Elemnentary. They wont provide support and violates every rights this students have to be in the least restrictive environment.

I have one One child currently at Lynda Givens and one that just graduated and I've been nothing but happy with their students, faculty school grounds and the principal. Everything about the schools been awesome !

This school is too overcrowded, the office staff is rude, and the parking and parents make it hard to even get the kids to school. Avoid this school if you want more personal learning experience.

My school is a great school for the community. This is the first year for the new principal and he has done a great job leading this school. The administrative staff and teachers are generally great to work with day-to-day. Yes, the school is large for an elementary school but the individual class sizes are not bad. The teachers are very focused on helping the students succeed.

We couldn't be happier with our son's education and the staff is excellent! He has been going to Givens school since he was in Kindergarten.

We moved to the area and did a LOT of research on the different schools in the area (and left no stone unturned -- we looked at private, charter, and homeschool co-ops). We had read about how poor the schools are in Nevada, and specifically in Las Vegas, and we were apprehensive with what we would find. We were very concerned about the number of kids at Givens, and a public school education, but after a TWO HOUR conversation with the principal, I felt like the school was well-run and well staffed. Now, after being there almost two years, I can say that it is definitely worthy of it's 5 star rating. Is everything perfect? No...but there is no such thing as a perfect school. But, for our family, we are very pleased with the teachers, the administration, the PTA, everything. We are so glad that we are zoned for Givens!

We recognize that the school is overcrowded; however, its principal, teachers and support staff are phenomenal! We're fortunate enough to be able to afford private school, but this is where we have our children going. We spent four months looking for a home in its catchment area because our children s' educational experience was the number 1 determinant in where we wanted to live. The tone of the negative ratings sounds like sour grapes; and, sadly, several of the negative ratings bear too much of a resemblance to each other. Our children s' experience has been nothing less than positive and the teachers are stellar. Yes, the school is crowded, but I couldn't agree with another reviewer, who likened it to a "well-oiled machine". The PTA is like no other with an involvement rate that would be the envy of any school in any district. It received a 5-star rating from the state, for which it's well deserved. It receives a 5-star rating from me for how they've helped educate our children. They have our heartfelt "Thank You".

Last modified Linda Rankin Givens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.