Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This school helped my daughter with speech and is doing a great job at that. Feed back for this has been great from the staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I love the teachers at this school considering the teacher shortage in Las Vegas. Issues I have had teachers are willing to set aside time to chat considering there busy schedule. Grades are usually posted to Campus Parent site so I can easily track grades.

Amount of homework: Agree

I wish this school and all schools helped with additional tools for homework like Khan Academy or a website that helps with Common Core learning methods.

I love the school and staff. Operate a great school considering it is overcrowded. There are 3 new elementary schools opening in the next two years. Principal Hungerford is great!

Teachers are very strict and not good supervision, because a lot of kids do unnecessary things.

Amount of homework: Disagree

In 2nd grade the HW seems to be ridiculous and in 5th grade they hardly ever have homework!

I would love to give this school 1 star, but that would not be fair to the teachers that taught my two children. The teachers my children had were wonderful, but the interaction I had with other teachers was not good at all. I have never entered a school and felt so unwelcome or as an outsider as I have at this school. Teachers have literally argued with me, been rude, and down right disrespectful. I even had teachers turn down volunteer help! That has NEVER happened! I get the feeling that most of the teachers at this school feel they can do whatever they want since Nevada is hurting so much for teachers they know their job is safe. The front office staff is unwelcoming, unhelpful, and downright rude most of the time, except for maybe 2 of them. The principal is NEVER around and he is always in a "meeting" or busy doing other "things," and cannot be bothered to attend a PTA meeting, yet I have caught him multiple times just standing around in the front office not doing anything. There are 2 VP's at this school and I have not met either one and neither of them attend PTA meetings or other school functions. It is sad that this school's test scores give people a false sense of what the PEOPLE are like in the school. I am glad that my kids got a good education, but shouldn't the atmosphere of the school be important as well? We will NOT be returning to this school for the 2016-2017 school year. If I were you and you want to know what this school is REALLY like, visit BEFORE you move or register. It just might not be worth your time and effort.

CCSD is the worse in the nation, but this school is awful. Specially when it comes to special education programs.. Kids in these type of classroom are segragate from the rest of the school community. Inclusion is not supported and pretty much there is not equality for all students in special education classrooms at Givens Elemnentary. They wont provide support and violates every rights this students have to be in the least restrictive environment.

I have one One child currently at Lynda Givens and one that just graduated and I've been nothing but happy with their students, faculty school grounds and the principal. Everything about the schools been awesome !

This school is too overcrowded, the office staff is rude, and the parking and parents make it hard to even get the kids to school. Avoid this school if you want more personal learning experience.

Last modified Linda Rankin Givens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.