Posted May 31, 2014
I have had multiple children at this school for the past 5 years. My kids all LOVE the school and I have had a good experience. All teachers have been attentive to my children. There is A LOT of parental involvement in this school. I didn't really care for the principal, but she's leaving, there will be a new principal 2014-2015 school year. Everyone I know loves the school, I am confused by the negative comments! People move to this area just so their child can go to this school.

Posted April 01, 2014
Not impressed with this school at all. We moved here thinking it was a better school but I was wrong. Half day kinder is a joke, they only have 2 1/2 hours of school and the teacher STILL gives them a 20 min recess, everyday!. Are you kidding me? And when I brought it up to the teachers attention she said kids need it because they get restless! Really?? This is the only school I know that takes half day kinder students out to Recess and P.E.! They can't handle them for 2 1/2 hrs? Oh and if you need to speak to the principle.... Forget it! she is extremely guarded by the front office staff! The PLT does try and do a lot of events to help raise money and I think if it wasn't for them this school would just disappear. I think we were spoiled at our other school where the entire school was involved and on the same page, not to mention the principle she was extemely involved. Here at Goolsby I have yet to see the principle unless it's a special event and they need her "face." Security at this school is very concerning, gates are wide open prior to school opening, and are opened prior to dismissal. Bus students have no supervision and are released prior to dismissal bell.

Posted February 27, 2014
My child is in 2nd grade and seems to be doing well. She has had all good teachers so far. The PE teacher is a little much and some of the parents are your typical summerlin snobs. I just have a good laugh when they drop the kids off in their Range Rovers. Outside of that, great school and good teachers so far.

Posted February 13, 2014
Goolsby has been going down hill the last few years. The administration pretends to want what is best for the students who attend the school, but all they care about is making themselves look good and getting their 5 star rating at any cost. It's very disturbing. I think there are some great teachers, but many that are not so great. The PE teacher and Librarian are exceptional, along with the other specialty teachers. Be careful about bringing classroom concerns to certain classroom teachers with egos. There is not much positive reinforcement within the school either. No award or special recognition is given to students for good grades or excellent citizenship. I think overall the school is okay, but with better leadership and getting rid of some of the teachers (the ones with attitudes who let you how perfect they are and who think they are better than all their peers) Goolsby could be an outstanding school. The PLT is amazing and they do a lot to help keep the school going in a positive direction.

Posted November 25, 2012
You know, I could go on and on about the staff themselves being the most fabulous ever!, but I really want this to be about the children. Having such a spectacular staff. It is passed down to our kids. We have really caring, do anything they put there mind to kids. It makes a difference when the large amount of time you know is spent with such a great teachers, and a great staff always ready for you. The staff never gets enough credit for the extremely exhausting however never giving up on their kids passion. Are awesome front staff is super friendly. They are quick to handle all situations, if possible. I am lucky to have my children go to Goolsby. We are also blessed with such a high volume of parental involvement. Thank you Mrs Blume and Mrs Brinks for not only maintaining such a lovely environment for my children to learn in but for the both of you to be so involved with our kids. It really makes them feel as important as they truly are. Thank you, Clark County for blessing us with a fully loaded wonderful staff, who really appreciates being their for our kids.

Posted October 28, 2012
We are new at Goolsby, my son is in first grade. We heard amazing things about this school and we were looking forward to attend. Heard great things about the teachers, PLT and the principle. So far i am very disappointed, have a pretty unhappy and miserable teacher. I feel my son is worsening since the year started. I just, now, understand what it really means to have a bad teacher. It does not matter that the principle is great and the PLT is amazing if your kid is not learning.

Posted February 22, 2012
Hi, im a student here and I totally disagree with everyone who says Goolsby is a bad school. It has nice teachers, and an OK principal. The students are also nice too!

Judy & John L Goolsby Elementary School 2

Posted October 14, 2011
If you get lucky to get an exceptional teacher, then Goolsby appears to be a great school. But if your student ends up with an undesirable teacher, don't expect the principal to make things right. She is more concerned about showing her power and authority in the school. And don't even bother requesting a specific teacher for your student, you will never get what/who you know is best for your student/child. PLT does a great job. However, the new car # assignments for the morning drop off lane is ridiculous. Former principal Ms. Abell was much more personable and caring.

Posted October 05, 2011
i switched my kid to goolsby after having her in private school for 3 years. i was hesitant but could no longer afford private school. we both absolutely LOVE goolsby! the teachers are great and the principal & vice principal are wonderful! 1st grade was waaay to easy but now that they have changed to the Common Core Standard it should be better. my daughter is in the GATE (gifted) program and is thriving. i love being able to get involved with the PLT (nonexistant in private schools). looking forwardto 2 more great years at goolsby!

Judy & John L Goolsby Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2011
we are military and move a bit, so when we moved here july 2010 we looked all over and the schools. i was impressed with reviews and test scores at goolsby and was lucky enought to find a home near there. i had a 4th grader and a kinder. i was worried about kinder due to only being half day, we are used to tradtional full day classes. my 4th grade loved it although he did have some adjusting to do, as with any new school. his teacher was amazing and was lots of help for him. my kinder had 36 kids in class. "CRAZY" poor teacher had no help handling the class til end of year. But she was outstanding. she worked well with all the kids in class and pushed them to reach their goals. i would recommend this school to anyone. i do have to say its all up to us parents on how our child succeeds.its not all in classroom. teachers here do a great job of keeping kids interested in class and how to work hard at home. i loved that my 4th grader did homework but i was not allowed to check it he checked it in class so the teacher can explain the process. saved me a headache!

Judy & John L Goolsby Elementary School
11175 West Desert Inn Rd, Las Vegas, NV  89135
Last modified Judy & John L Goolsby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Judy & John L Goolsby Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top