Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

Great school, all teachers have wonderful mindset when it comes to teaching style! They are all super nice but firm, teaching kids to respect others and how to be responsible. Every morning starts with the lineup ceremony where words of encouragement are shared to start the day!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

What I saw and experienced all the teachers there are wonderful. They treat the students with the utmost respect.

Amount of homework: Agree

I can only speak for 1 Grade. Homework given the beginning of the week. Having my daughter do daily work and keeping her busy and learning at home what she was learning in school.

Develops character: Agree

They care about all their students and well being. They treat everyone with respect and courtesy.

My daughter went to this school for 1 grade. We had moved from Florida a year ago. Not only is the school great, the principal, teachers front office staff were all exceptional. My daughter met great friends. Academically, she learned so much. The parent involvement was superb. The only regret I have is my family not being able to stay in Nevada for her to continue at this wonderful school 2015-2016.

Both my kids go to this school my son has been here for 3years now and now they are sending my kids to a different school because they say they can't handle them at this school so if ur thinking about sending ur kids here I would not send them to this school.

Had a terrible experience with the staff! The front office, Principal, and teacher were condescending, unhelpful, and discriminatory. No, my son was not a problem child, he was just a little behind and it was unreal how awful he was treated!!

I have had multiple children at this school for the past 5 years. My kids all LOVE the school and I have had a good experience. All teachers have been attentive to my children. There is A LOT of parental involvement in this school. I didn't really care for the principal, but she's leaving, there will be a new principal 2014-2015 school year. Everyone I know loves the school, I am confused by the negative comments! People move to this area just so their child can go to this school.

Not impressed with this school at all. We moved here thinking it was a better school but I was wrong. Half day kinder is a joke, they only have 2 1/2 hours of school and the teacher STILL gives them a 20 min recess, everyday!. Are you kidding me? And when I brought it up to the teachers attention she said kids need it because they get restless! Really?? This is the only school I know that takes half day kinder students out to Recess and P.E.! They can't handle them for 2 1/2 hrs? Oh and if you need to speak to the principle.... Forget it! she is extremely guarded by the front office staff! The PLT does try and do a lot of events to help raise money and I think if it wasn't for them this school would just disappear. I think we were spoiled at our other school where the entire school was involved and on the same page, not to mention the principle she was extemely involved. Here at Goolsby I have yet to see the principle unless it's a special event and they need her "face." Security at this school is very concerning, gates are wide open prior to school opening, and are opened prior to dismissal. Bus students have no supervision and are released prior to dismissal bell.

My child is in 2nd grade and seems to be doing well. She has had all good teachers so far. The PE teacher is a little much and some of the parents are your typical summerlin snobs. I just have a good laugh when they drop the kids off in their Range Rovers. Outside of that, great school and good teachers so far.

Last modified Judy & John L Goolsby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.