Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I can't stop listing how good this school is. I have two boys went to this school and it's been such a wonderful time for both my boys and me. My boy's teacher, Kindergarten Mrs. B, Ms. L, 1st grade Mrs. F, PE, music and Art teachers, and office staff Mrs. S. Every one of them is loving, caring, patient and offer walking extra miles with you. My boys were happy and thrived there both in academic and in character. I would like to use this opportunity to express my appreciation and we really miss them.

Great teachers, staff and campus. Amazing Library! Principal runs it like I remember elementary school being, not all politically correct with no hugs & no holidays. Our kids wear costumes on Halloween and celebrate EVERYTHING. They catch kids being good and reward them. Say the pledge outside in the sunshine. Instill strong morals & character traits and recognize kids for demonstrating them. I'm more than welcome to have lunch with my kid unannounced, stop by for recess or hang out and help in class whenever I can. I couldn't love a public school more. These guys are doing right!!

My daughter has been going to Goolsby since 1st grade. She is now in 3rd. The teachers and staff at this school are spectacular. Everyone is so helpful and involved. I'm going to be really sad the day she's done here. Great experience all around. My daughter has excelled significantly since starting out here. Shes made some great friends and went from being really shy and introvert to outgoing and involved. Wonderful school!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is given every night. Depending on the teacher it could be given at the beginning of the week for the entire week. It is nice because examples and workbooks are brought home to see what the children have been working on before starting homework.

Great school, all teachers have wonderful mindset when it comes to teaching style! They are all super nice but firm, teaching kids to respect others and how to be responsible. Every morning starts with the lineup ceremony where words of encouragement are shared to start the day!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

What I saw and experienced all the teachers there are wonderful. They treat the students with the utmost respect.

Amount of homework: Agree

I can only speak for 1 Grade. Homework given the beginning of the week. Having my daughter do daily work and keeping her busy and learning at home what she was learning in school.

Develops character: Agree

They care about all their students and well being. They treat everyone with respect and courtesy.

My daughter went to this school for 1 grade. We had moved from Florida a year ago. Not only is the school great, the principal, teachers front office staff were all exceptional. My daughter met great friends. Academically, she learned so much. The parent involvement was superb. The only regret I have is my family not being able to stay in Nevada for her to continue at this wonderful school 2015-2016.

Both my kids go to this school my son has been here for 3years now and now they are sending my kids to a different school because they say they can't handle them at this school so if ur thinking about sending ur kids here I would not send them to this school.

Last modified Judy & John L Goolsby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.