Bad
Good

This school looks good and has good teachers. But the front desk personal is terrible. If you call your child in sick, they still call you saying that you did not, and they do it after they close the office at 3pm. All office personal are gone by 3pm. They have yet after two years got my child's last name correct. If there front desk was better then it would be five stars for sure.

The teachers are great at this school. The problem this year is a new principal who has no order in place. The new system of how the kids walk outside at the far back of the school, wait for the bell to ring and then leave is ridiculous. On the few days it rains or the other hot hot hot days, our kids get to walk to the most extreme back part of the school in order to wait outside uncovered for the bell to ring and then have to walk to get off school property to go home. Not well thought out. The office staff is rude and not helpful in any way. Maybe just the area, but there are way too many kids receiving free/reduced meals who should not be on the program.

I love that this school is clean and safe BUT I must agree with the review above, the heat is too much for my son to walk to and from school daily. The school does not offer any transportation assistance for families with no vehicles to get their child to school in the extreme HOT weather. The office staff are rude to parents so I can only imagine how they speak to the children. Dismissal is very chaotic with no structure. I was able to pick my neighbor's child up from her class without any verification that I was a safe person that her parent approved of. My son was allowed to leave his teacher to meet me without his teacher even looking my way. The school parking lot is full of cars trying to get in and out without watching for children. There are no cross guards to help the children get across the street BUT there are plenty of vehicles making right turns without looking out for children crossing which is why my son can't walk to school with other children.

The staff is very nice at the school, but you can tell there is a very low budget for this school. We live a mile away and have to walk to school. In the morning its not bad, but in the afternoon its 105 degrees. There's no shade, and its up hill the whole way back. I went to the office to find out if there was a bus stop near by, and I was informed this school has no buses!? What!? It is not safe for my 7 year old to have to walk home in this desert heat! Someone needs to do something about this.

liliam lujan hickey ele. school is the best school i've ever been to the teachers great the principal is great i love my school

Last modified Liliam Lujan Hickey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.