Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Horrible handling of school bullying. have allowed it to repeatedly happen and blame the person being bullied for doing something wrong. Currently seeking legal options against the school

We really like this school we were just sad when we found out that they did not have any openings for full day kindergarten and had people on a waiting list but would not be opening a class even if more people requested due to having to hire a teacher??

I totally agree with the last review. I'm suprised that they still gave the school 4 stars though. The grading system is horrible. I very rarely see any graded papers and there a no grades posted on parentlink, so I have no clue where my daughter stands. They do not drill math facts so she still uses her fingers. There are no timed math tests and they don't teach algorithyms until 4th grade. There are no spelling words/tests. Overall, I'm very disappointed with this school, especially since it's rated so high. I'll be moving my kids to a charter school for next school year.

THIS YEAR had to have been the worst year my daughter experienced going there. Horrible in the transition to their new curriculum. Her teacher this year has a horrible, bland personality to say the least. And in the middle of the year they switched from "non-grades" to letter grades and yet, the teachers still grade on the old system. Have not seen any letter grades on my daughter's papers, yet she gets letter grades on the report card. Very confusing. Worst of all, all of the "homework" is pretty much voluntary online links they can go to. Dr. Hammond needs to straighten up this catastrophic mess next year. My daughter went from almost all A's to straight B's because of the new grading system.

I LOVE this school!! Great after school activities, great teachers, love the principal!! I can't say enough good things about this school. I have 2 sons who have been here for 3 years. They love it. They really handle bullying. I have a son who used to be bullied a lot at another school. It hasn't happened here. He is excelling. I really think this school is great.

This school meets and exceeds our expectations. Very cutting edge with technology. Very well kept physically. Staff is friendly and personable and always concerned with any issues you may have. Principal is fantastic - I don't know why the previous reviewer says otherwise. I see her in the hallways and outside of the school often and she's always involved with what's going on. Other than some overcrowded kindergarten classrooms - I'd call this school perfect. But hey it's not the school's fault that the education budget is crap - they handle their resources well from what I've seen.

The teachers and staff at this school are nothing short of amazing! The PTA works extremely hard to make this school the best it can be for the students and teachers alike. The only downfall is that the new principal is not experienced enough and not much of a leader. She does not have a character strong enough to run a school of this size.

good school lots of good teachers. great gate program. i went to school there since the first year it opened i just graduate 5th grade.

I really like this school. The teachers and staff are wonderful, and it is a wonderful learning atmosphere.

One of the best schools in the Clark County School District. Wonderful staff, and great students that make the school special.

Last modified William & Mary Scherkenbach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.