Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school is a joke! The staff are only there for a pay check and treat our children as if they're in the military. I'm done and will do everything I can to get that assistant principal fired and 90% of those teachers. Keep your hands off our kids!!!

Good school, not sure why people are rating this school so poorly. Our child has had a great experience here, her teacher Ms. Gardner is spectacular. Well run, well organized, positive environment.

Worst school ever! Had an issue with 2 teachers bullying my son and calling him names in front the class. Calling him a cry baby after they humiliated him in front of the class. I pulled him out immediatly!!! Please don't send your kids here to get mistreated

Tanaka does a nice job of recognizing students that excel. The principal have a pizza party with the students every couple of months. My son was also selected as a Distinguished Dragon and was given a shirt that he now wears every Friday. The after school activities are usually free and we get involved when our schedule allows. Our family really enjoys the school.

Worst school ever!! They think it is okay for teachers and staff to be physical with students. They disrespect parents and children! Stay away. I pulled my 3rd grader out immediately!

Tanaka is a fabulous school. The teachers and staff are very friendly and encouraging. Unfortunately, the parent involvement is not where is should be, so the teachers have their work cut out for them. I am extremely impressed with the interaction I've had with my child's teacher who is always very professional and forthcoming. My child has improved greatly this last year with the help of her teacher. Although the school has not preformed well with test scores, I believe that has more to do with the parental involvement with the students. In my last school, parents had to race to be able to sign up as "room mothers" and if you didn't make it in time you had to find other ways in being involved in the school. I wish I knew more of the administration, which seems withdrawn, however I rate this school a 4 average because of the excellent teachers, the positive environment, and the open door policy with the parents.

Tanaka when it comes to discipline towards the students are unfair and unjust. They are uneducated when it comes to the steps they need to take. They are not fair with students its very sad they should be investigated.

Worst school ever. The counselor assalted my son and left bruises all over him. When I went to the superintendant and principle, they made excuses and made it seem like my son was the problem. The counselor still works there because I didnt want to press charges, have him arrested and go to court. The staff is also very rude. Steer clear. Terrible school.

Since I find myself checking the reviews from this website to decide on several matters in our familial situation, i gues it is but fair to put my two cents as to the outcome of my search with regards to what school my daughter should go to ... sure the score for Tanaka is just a 5 out of 10 but i have involved myself in my child's learning and i think the scoring does not give justice to the hardwork the faculty, parents and the kids themselves exert to attain the environment this school has become. My daughter has been going to this school for two years now and I can definitely say that the teachers are very well versed with what they teach - they have an open door policy with the parents. It will not be fair to just blame the teachers if the kids are not learning.

I think the administration at this school is average. The test scores at this school seem to be the lowest in a five mile radius which is concerning to me. In comparision to other schools in the region I think this school needs additional programs. Many of the teachers are the school seem very talented. My son had a fabulous teacher and really learned a lot. I just wish the administration had more educational programs and the school was able to get the test scores up.

Last modified Wayne N Tanaka Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.