Las Vegas, NV

Posted November 26, 2013
my two children attend judith steele and i cannot be more pleased with this school, both my kids are AB honor roll students and we are having a wonderful expeience at this school. The teachers and staff are wonderful too.

Posted November 02, 2013
I have 2 daughters that attend Steele, & they love it!!! We get a lot of support from the teachers and they are very willing to help go above & beyond to meet their needs. As a parent, I play my role and get involved and perhaps because of that, the teachers are more willing to assist w our girls'. We love it there...go stallions!!!! They love the craft club and chess club too!!! P.s. I don't think it's asking much to donate some school supplies when needed, it's for our children's future so in retrospect, it's for your own benefit. Teachers spend so much of their own money, why not help where we can, and if not, don't get all defensive. Don't worry, be happy...

Posted May 30, 2013
Our daughter has been attending Steele for four years and we have had amazing teachers. The principal, while I can appreciate and respect her no-nonsense, old school ways, the newer, "younger" generation feel she's too hard. I can say the kids respect her (which is the way it SHOULD be). There is little parent involvement, and the PTA, while they try to recruit, reminds me more of a high school clique. But, we just help where/when/how we can and volunteer when the teacher asks, providing extras gladly; it s the least we can do (and I don t mind dipping into my kid s college fund to provide a ream of paper, or a box of pencils)

Posted May 15, 2013
I don't even know where to begin with this school. First off I will say my students with the exception of 1 have wonderful and caring teachers. As far as the principal goes she is a joke. We have attended this school the last 2 years and she is running the school into the ground, she took away everything she possibly could, fall and spring festivals, dances and activities the kids enjoy attending are now removed. Her reasoning is the funding and lack of parent involvement. I know plenty of parents, aunts uncles and grandparents that would love to volunteer their time for their students but HATE working with Mrs. Slack. Im sad to say that my children do not like attending school the only reason they have any drive is from the teachers. We hopefully will not be back next year unless there is a major turn around or Mrs. Slack is removed as principal. Never in my life have I had as many issues as I do with this school sadly disappointed!!!!!

Posted May 07, 2013
I wish Judi Steele Elementary would update their website. It's extremely limited with new information. I'm a grandparent of a kindergartener and live across the US. I'd like to read more about our little girl's school.

Posted August 13, 2012
Thank god it is now PTA and not PTLA. There needed to be a change (i.e., president). There were excellent teachers in the past, however, a lot of them had to leave this past year. Very disappointing as I was looking forward to having one of those excellent teachers for my children. Seriously thinking of magnet schools as the best option.

Posted June 13, 2012
. Parents are outsiders, and their concerns are readily dismissed. I regret that my child goes to this school. I sure wish they'd step into the present, because the habits here are very 1980's. If your child is push button with no issues, they'll do ok. Those needing assistance should go elsewhere.

Posted January 08, 2012
Steele is a great school for my daughter. She has loved going there for 3 years now and I have had wonderful teachers each year. The activities are well run, but most of all my daughter learned how to read is one of the highest students in her class!

Posted April 29, 2011
We love this school. Teachers and staff are great. They really pay attention to their students. We got lot of help when we need it. Teachers are not just there for teaching. They also seem to really care for students.

Judith D Steele Elementary School 3

Posted March 20, 2011
The male primary autism teacher is amazing! He is. an asset to the school. It is a shame he wasn't recoginized for his help during the flood. My child has learned so much since this teacher started. IT'S TOO BAD THE INTERMEDIATE TEACHER HAS NO SKILLS. IWANT MY CHILD TO REMAIN WITH MR.__.

Judith D Steele Elementary School
6995 West Eldorado Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89113
Last modified Judith D Steele Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Judith D Steele Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top