Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Judith D Steele Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 23, 2016
Fair and consisten rules and enforcement by teachers and administrative staff who care about these kids and their futures!

Posted April 23, 2016
This school is The Best! Our son is finishing 5th grade and his experience has been absolutely amazing! This school is great and I believe that is a direct result of great leadership. Mrs. Slack is an amazing principal; firm yet fair. She knows the name of every kid in every grade that walks through her hate on the morning! Our son started Kindergarten with Mrs. Meldrum, the most wonderful teacher and person we know and excelled under her guidance. He has had his share of encounters with trouble and has made more then one visit to the principal's office and we have always felt that his offenses have been dealt with in a fair and consistent manner. All of his teachers have been excellent educators and as he finishes this year with Mrs. Kopman and Ms. Nay we can only express our gratitude for the excellent education he has received from so many wonderful people.

Judith D Steele Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2016
It's a sad lesson that adults should always be supervising young children . Today I let that teacher have a piece of my mind. She said my kid has no right to defend himself against a bully. Turns out his school has no teachers on the field during 3rd grade recess so she couldn't even confirm what happened. Mrs. Apikayan .She had the nerve to get in my face and I warned her already. I have had enough. He will be transferred to another class and if it keeps happening the bully thing will be talked about on every reviewable website and schoolboard will be contacted and zero stars review for that school.

Posted March 18, 2015
I wrote one review 2 years ago and now im back with another one I cannot stress my level of happiness with this school. My son graduated from steele and my daughter has been in steele for 4years. Every year she has had amazing teachers and has maintained honor roll. I am so happy with this school I will not move out of this district till she graduates. We love judith steele. Go stallions.

Posted November 26, 2013
my two children attend judith steele and i cannot be more pleased with this school, both my kids are AB honor roll students and we are having a wonderful expeience at this school. The teachers and staff are wonderful too.

Posted November 02, 2013
I have 2 daughters that attend Steele, & they love it!!! We get a lot of support from the teachers and they are very willing to help go above & beyond to meet their needs. As a parent, I play my role and get involved and perhaps because of that, the teachers are more willing to assist w our girls'. We love it there...go stallions!!!! They love the craft club and chess club too!!! P.s. I don't think it's asking much to donate some school supplies when needed, it's for our children's future so in retrospect, it's for your own benefit. Teachers spend so much of their own money, why not help where we can, and if not, don't get all defensive. Don't worry, be happy...

Judith D Steele Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2013
Our daughter has been attending Steele for four years and we have had amazing teachers. The principal, while I can appreciate and respect her no-nonsense, old school ways, the newer, "younger" generation feel she's too hard. I can say the kids respect her (which is the way it SHOULD be). There is little parent involvement, and the PTA, while they try to recruit, reminds me more of a high school clique. But, we just help where/when/how we can and volunteer when the teacher asks, providing extras gladly; it s the least we can do (and I don t mind dipping into my kid s college fund to provide a ream of paper, or a box of pencils)

Judith D Steele Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2013
I don't even know where to begin with this school. First off I will say my students with the exception of 1 have wonderful and caring teachers. As far as the principal goes she is a joke. We have attended this school the last 2 years and she is running the school into the ground, she took away everything she possibly could, fall and spring festivals, dances and activities the kids enjoy attending are now removed. Her reasoning is the funding and lack of parent involvement. I know plenty of parents, aunts uncles and grandparents that would love to volunteer their time for their students but HATE working with Mrs. Slack. Im sad to say that my children do not like attending school the only reason they have any drive is from the teachers. We hopefully will not be back next year unless there is a major turn around or Mrs. Slack is removed as principal. Never in my life have I had as many issues as I do with this school sadly disappointed!!!!!

Judith D Steele Elementary School 4

Posted May 07, 2013
I wish Judi Steele Elementary would update their website. It's extremely limited with new information. I'm a grandparent of a kindergartener and live across the US. I'd like to read more about our little girl's school.

Judith D Steele Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2012
Thank god it is now PTA and not PTLA. There needed to be a change (i.e., president). There were excellent teachers in the past, however, a lot of them had to leave this past year. Very disappointing as I was looking forward to having one of those excellent teachers for my children. Seriously thinking of magnet schools as the best option.

Judith D Steele Elementary School
6995 West Eldorado Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89113
Last modified Judith D Steele Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.