Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are very hands on. And very well educated in the areas they work in and the grades they teach. With so much patients and determination to help your child achieve greatness.

My son is 3 years old and attended Mrs. Wright's early education program. When he started he was nonverbal and only spoke baby babble and was very prone to tantrums, he also didn't like to receive or give love very much. But now he has improved in every one of those and also can say the sounds in the alphabet and recognize them and write them with some help, he is also counting. He can now tell me what he wants and needs and so much more,he loves telling me about his day and reading with me and loves to give and receive love. They are miracle workers and have a huge team to help every child. They really transformed my baby boys mind and helped him to learn to express himself and grow mentally.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Fair and consisten rules and enforcement by teachers and administrative staff who care about these kids and their futures!

This school is The Best! Our son is finishing 5th grade and his experience has been absolutely amazing! This school is great and I believe that is a direct result of great leadership. Mrs. Slack is an amazing principal; firm yet fair. She knows the name of every kid in every grade that walks through her hate on the morning! Our son started Kindergarten with Mrs. Meldrum, the most wonderful teacher and person we know and excelled under her guidance. He has had his share of encounters with trouble and has made more then one visit to the principal's office and we have always felt that his offenses have been dealt with in a fair and consistent manner. All of his teachers have been excellent educators and as he finishes this year with Mrs. Kopman and Ms. Nay we can only express our gratitude for the excellent education he has received from so many wonderful people.

It's a sad lesson that adults should always be supervising young children . Today I let that teacher have a piece of my mind. She said my kid has no right to defend himself against a bully. Turns out his school has no teachers on the field during 3rd grade recess so she couldn't even confirm what happened. Mrs. Apikayan .She had the nerve to get in my face and I warned her already. I have had enough. He will be transferred to another class and if it keeps happening the bully thing will be talked about on every reviewable website and schoolboard will be contacted and zero stars review for that school.

I wrote one review 2 years ago and now im back with another one I cannot stress my level of happiness with this school. My son graduated from steele and my daughter has been in steele for 4years. Every year she has had amazing teachers and has maintained honor roll. I am so happy with this school I will not move out of this district till she graduates. We love judith steele. Go stallions.

my two children attend judith steele and i cannot be more pleased with this school, both my kids are AB honor roll students and we are having a wonderful expeience at this school. The teachers and staff are wonderful too.

I have 2 daughters that attend Steele, & they love it!!! We get a lot of support from the teachers and they are very willing to help go above & beyond to meet their needs. As a parent, I play my role and get involved and perhaps because of that, the teachers are more willing to assist w our girls'. We love it there...go stallions!!!! They love the craft club and chess club too!!! P.s. I don't think it's asking much to donate some school supplies when needed, it's for our children's future so in retrospect, it's for your own benefit. Teachers spend so much of their own money, why not help where we can, and if not, don't get all defensive. Don't worry, be happy...

Our daughter has been attending Steele for four years and we have had amazing teachers. The principal, while I can appreciate and respect her no-nonsense, old school ways, the newer, "younger" generation feel she's too hard. I can say the kids respect her (which is the way it SHOULD be). There is little parent involvement, and the PTA, while they try to recruit, reminds me more of a high school clique. But, we just help where/when/how we can and volunteer when the teacher asks, providing extras gladly; it s the least we can do (and I don t mind dipping into my kid s college fund to provide a ream of paper, or a box of pencils)

I don't even know where to begin with this school. First off I will say my students with the exception of 1 have wonderful and caring teachers. As far as the principal goes she is a joke. We have attended this school the last 2 years and she is running the school into the ground, she took away everything she possibly could, fall and spring festivals, dances and activities the kids enjoy attending are now removed. Her reasoning is the funding and lack of parent involvement. I know plenty of parents, aunts uncles and grandparents that would love to volunteer their time for their students but HATE working with Mrs. Slack. Im sad to say that my children do not like attending school the only reason they have any drive is from the teachers. We hopefully will not be back next year unless there is a major turn around or Mrs. Slack is removed as principal. Never in my life have I had as many issues as I do with this school sadly disappointed!!!!!

Last modified Judith D Steele Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.