Posted July 26, 2014
My son has attended Kitty Ward since first grade. I love the teachers and the office staff. The teacher take the time with the kids and really show them the important of reading math and many more subjects that they teach. I love this school and most important my son love this school.

Posted July 17, 2014
Mrs Douglas is the finest principal I have ever met. She came from another elementary school years ago my daughter attended. We loved her then and now that she's at Kitty Ward, we feel fortunate to have her as our sons principal. We moved into this area to be in a better school district. This school is so much better than Joseph Neal. My son was there for four years and it was terrible under Ms. Murray's control. The teachers weren't happy and it showed. At Kitty Ward, the atmosphere is welcoming, the staff is friendly and the kids are happy.

Posted June 22, 2014
My two girls attended kitty ward. We moved to get them I a better school. The office staff are rude and unhelpful. I had a teacher disregard my concerns and when I put them in writing she screwed the letter into a ball, threw it in the trash while laughing in my face. Then when I turned to leave, she made a face at me in front of the whole class. I was invited to the award ceremony as my daughter was getting an award and when she didn't receive it and was left sitting alone on the multi purpose room floor, I asked the teacher what had happened. He shrugged his shoulders and said he must have left it in the classroom. The principal then patted me condescendingly on the shoulder and sad, "it's a big school, someone is bound to be forgotten now and again". No apology to my daughter, nothing! She was later given her certificate in class as an afterthought. Shameful.

Posted September 18, 2013
I'm very concern about this school, I just enrolled my kids and I've seen to much already! This school is all about appearances and clicks with parents, PTO, and the staff. The staff there is very RUDE unprofessional, I can only say one lady was nice to us once, overall horrible RUDE RUDE RUDE no common sense of professionalism. Don't even get me started on the cheerleading mess.. this school in nothing but a waist of space and money for the city. No one there has not respect for the rules that they have put in place especially the staff and parents. For example there is a no pet allowed but yet an admin staff brought her pet to school....Really, very good example of breaking the rules! Academically the school is not even following the school board curriculum, very disappointed!

Posted June 12, 2013
As a former educator/administrator in the CCSD, I see Kitty Ward as a poster child for what school's are not supposed to be. The administration is groping in the dark to make a success out of smoke and mirrors. There are no paper trails for information to parents of upcoming events or educational functions. All information is sent via e-mail. The administration is assuming all families have access to the internet, which is not true. I am pulling my grand daughter out of Kitty Ward and sending her to a private school where I know the education will be first class and information will be sent to parents in a fashion where all parents are made aware of future events and notifications. I know Award Ceremonies will be a part of the recognition of student's accomplishments. (there was no award ceremony this year that was announced so parents and grand parents could acknowledge their children's straight A or A-B Honor Roll) The last place I would send my grand daughter would be Kitty Ward. I may be described as a "lemon", however; being in the CCSD for 39 years, I know the ends and outs of a credible education facility. Good luck in getting a response from the administration.

Posted October 25, 2012
Absolutely love this school. My daughter has gone here since Kindergarten and is now in 4th grade. The teachers and principle are awesome. I absolutely love how much family involvement they have. The school is always open to the families to be included in project demonstrations, class parties such as Thanksgiving feasts, parent volunteers and lunch with your student.

Posted February 13, 2012
We love Kitty Ward. My daughter's teachers have all been outstanding. The school has a strong sense of community and school pride among staff, students, and parents. We were sad that they did away with the academies (before and after school enrichment programs), but unfortunately budget cuts have hurt all Las Vegas schools. If they don't get rated as excellent based on No Child Left Behind, it is due to a very small number of certain subgroups of students who would likely not meet standards anywhere. If the district tried to rezone us like they often do here, we would move to be able to have our child continue attending Kitty Ward. None of the other neighborhood schools are even close in quality.

Kitty Mcdonough Ward Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2011
With the exception of a few 'lemons', Kitty Ward strives to maintain a talented group of teachers and support staff. They are seasoned and knowledgable teachers that are continuing their educational degrees to be better teachers in the classroom. Our family has 2 children this school. Parental involvement is strongly encouraged--and even better, appreciated. Teams of teachers focus on a child's issues socialy, academically, and physically. The principal and her staff are always looking for new ways to reach every student...and they have a personal connection with many of the kids and parents. There is a definite feeling of family and security at Kitty Ward. Our kids love the school and love their teachers--this helps them to strive to be better students....Kitty Ward is Great!

Posted March 12, 2011
This school is a joke! It is ALL about appearance and not the quality of education. By next year they will most likely be on the watch list for not making adequate yearly progress for 2 years in a row. There are a lot of cliques between teachers as well as parents at this school. The principal favors certain person and is insulting to others. My child is zoned for this school but I will be moving to a better location to get her in somewhere better.

Posted August 29, 2010
Kitty Ward Elementary is WONDERFUL!. The principal honestly cares about the children and treats them as her own. If it's cold and windy outside, there are people there to usher them into the building. They have incredible parent involvement and amazing extracurricular activities. My daughter has advanced language skills and was given harder reading assignments and spelling words to continue to challenge her. I would recommend this school to anyone. I had nothing short of an AMAZING experience there.

Kitty Mcdonough Ward Elementary School
5555 Horse Dr Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89183
Last modified Kitty Mcdonough Ward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kitty Mcdonough Ward Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top