Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It's hard to promote honesty and integrity when the teachers and administration will lie to a parent

Worst school I have ever dealt with, this school needs an overhaul starting at the top. After continuously proving they are completely inept, I pulled my children and put them in another school where they are thriving. If you are lucky and manage to get a good teacher, your child might be ok here but it's a gamble since most of the good teachers have jumped ship. You can verify that there are issues by just asking around. Many families have pulled their children out in the past couple of years and the staff doesn't exactly give a warm and fuzzy feeling that you would expect from people dealing with young kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Amazing teachers!! You can see that in the test scores and smiles of every student

Amount of homework: Agree

Like students in not a fan of homework but my child has never had to much

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is literally no bullying. The Teachers keep an open dialogue with parents. Students have pride in their school! great morals!!

Amazing school, staff and lots of parent envolvment. This is a very family oriented neighborhood and it shows in the school!

My son has attended Kitty Ward since first grade. I love the teachers and the office staff. The teacher take the time with the kids and really show them the important of reading math and many more subjects that they teach. I love this school and most important my son love this school.

Mrs Douglas is the finest principal I have ever met. She came from another elementary school years ago my daughter attended. We loved her then and now that she's at Kitty Ward, we feel fortunate to have her as our sons principal. We moved into this area to be in a better school district. This school is so much better than Joseph Neal. My son was there for four years and it was terrible under Ms. Murray's control. The teachers weren't happy and it showed. At Kitty Ward, the atmosphere is welcoming, the staff is friendly and the kids are happy.

My two girls attended kitty ward. We moved to get them I a better school. The office staff are rude and unhelpful. I had a teacher disregard my concerns and when I put them in writing she screwed the letter into a ball, threw it in the trash while laughing in my face. Then when I turned to leave, she made a face at me in front of the whole class. I was invited to the award ceremony as my daughter was getting an award and when she didn't receive it and was left sitting alone on the multi purpose room floor, I asked the teacher what had happened. He shrugged his shoulders and said he must have left it in the classroom. The principal then patted me condescendingly on the shoulder and sad, "it's a big school, someone is bound to be forgotten now and again". No apology to my daughter, nothing! She was later given her certificate in class as an afterthought. Shameful.

I'm very concern about this school, I just enrolled my kids and I've seen to much already! This school is all about appearances and clicks with parents, PTO, and the staff. The staff there is very RUDE unprofessional, I can only say one lady was nice to us once, overall horrible RUDE RUDE RUDE no common sense of professionalism. Don't even get me started on the cheerleading mess.. this school in nothing but a waist of space and money for the city. No one there has not respect for the rules that they have put in place especially the staff and parents. For example there is a no pet allowed but yet an admin staff brought her pet to school....Really, very good example of breaking the rules! Academically the school is not even following the school board curriculum, very disappointed!

Last modified Kitty Mcdonough Ward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.