Las Vegas, NV

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 24, 2015
Amazing teachers!! You can see that in the test scores and smiles of every student

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 24, 2015
Like students in not a fan of homework but my child has never had to much

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2015
The teachers all work so hard to make all the children feel important, special individules

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2015
There is literally no bullying. The Teachers keep an open dialogue with parents. Students have pride in their school! great morals!!

Posted August 24, 2015
Amazing school, staff and lots of parent envolvment. This is a very family oriented neighborhood and it shows in the school!

Posted July 26, 2014
My son has attended Kitty Ward since first grade. I love the teachers and the office staff. The teacher take the time with the kids and really show them the important of reading math and many more subjects that they teach. I love this school and most important my son love this school.

Posted July 17, 2014
Mrs Douglas is the finest principal I have ever met. She came from another elementary school years ago my daughter attended. We loved her then and now that she's at Kitty Ward, we feel fortunate to have her as our sons principal. We moved into this area to be in a better school district. This school is so much better than Joseph Neal. My son was there for four years and it was terrible under Ms. Murray's control. The teachers weren't happy and it showed. At Kitty Ward, the atmosphere is welcoming, the staff is friendly and the kids are happy.

Posted June 22, 2014
My two girls attended kitty ward. We moved to get them I a better school. The office staff are rude and unhelpful. I had a teacher disregard my concerns and when I put them in writing she screwed the letter into a ball, threw it in the trash while laughing in my face. Then when I turned to leave, she made a face at me in front of the whole class. I was invited to the award ceremony as my daughter was getting an award and when she didn't receive it and was left sitting alone on the multi purpose room floor, I asked the teacher what had happened. He shrugged his shoulders and said he must have left it in the classroom. The principal then patted me condescendingly on the shoulder and sad, "it's a big school, someone is bound to be forgotten now and again". No apology to my daughter, nothing! She was later given her certificate in class as an afterthought. Shameful.

Posted September 18, 2013
I'm very concern about this school, I just enrolled my kids and I've seen to much already! This school is all about appearances and clicks with parents, PTO, and the staff. The staff there is very RUDE unprofessional, I can only say one lady was nice to us once, overall horrible RUDE RUDE RUDE no common sense of professionalism. Don't even get me started on the cheerleading mess.. this school in nothing but a waist of space and money for the city. No one there has not respect for the rules that they have put in place especially the staff and parents. For example there is a no pet allowed but yet an admin staff brought her pet to school....Really, very good example of breaking the rules! Academically the school is not even following the school board curriculum, very disappointed!

Posted June 12, 2013
As a former educator/administrator in the CCSD, I see Kitty Ward as a poster child for what school's are not supposed to be. The administration is groping in the dark to make a success out of smoke and mirrors. There are no paper trails for information to parents of upcoming events or educational functions. All information is sent via e-mail. The administration is assuming all families have access to the internet, which is not true. I am pulling my grand daughter out of Kitty Ward and sending her to a private school where I know the education will be first class and information will be sent to parents in a fashion where all parents are made aware of future events and notifications. I know Award Ceremonies will be a part of the recognition of student's accomplishments. (there was no award ceremony this year that was announced so parents and grand parents could acknowledge their children's straight A or A-B Honor Roll) The last place I would send my grand daughter would be Kitty Ward. I may be described as a "lemon", however; being in the CCSD for 39 years, I know the ends and outs of a credible education facility. Good luck in getting a response from the administration.

5555 Horse Dr Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89183
Last modified Kitty Mcdonough Ward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kitty Mcdonough Ward Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top