William V Wright Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted Tuesday, July 22, 2014

principal is rude and she has no respect for parents. She should not be allowed to be around children

Posted June 6, 2014

My son went to this school for 1st grade. He had two different teachers, due to a change in tracks. Both teachers were very good. My son loved the music in the morning, it really helps put all the kids in a great mood. The traffic is an issue if you are dropping off. The set up is confusing. But the school itself is great. Front office is helpful, the principle is responsive, and my son's teachers were both caring, funny and really put forth the extra effort and attention my son needed.

Posted May 24, 2014

This school is not a 9 how it holds that score I don't understand. My now 2nd grader had one of the most the worst kindergarten teacher. She yelled and the kids all the time and was lazy and unorganized! On top of that see yelled and me one morning infront of the school had me crying. I was 7 months pregnant with my now 2 year old and was put on bed rest so I couldn't go in to help in class anymore and she was not happy about it. When I went to the principle still in tears and let her know what happened and asked for my son to be moved to a different class I was told no and that was it she did nothing for me or my son!! This principle is a joke she doesn't care about the kids and always backs up the teachers!! Thank god we are moving soon and my son will not be going to this school anymore!!

Posted September 26, 2013

My daughter started kindergarten this year and she loves learning and comes home all excited telling me about her day and what she learned.

Posted July 2, 2013

I used to go to this school. I attended that school ever since it first opened. I absolutely love all the staff and teachers teachers especially Ms. Hester and Ms. Hulbert those two teachers really made a mark in my life. If your child has one of the two teachers you should. I don't know but do something. I believe that you will be very please with this school. I don't know how I ended up here but I just thaught I'd tell you that this is a wonderful school for your child to attend at and if you disagree then up yours. Oh and please excuse my grammar mistakes.

Posted February 6, 2013

No one can possibly understand my dissatisfaction in my years at William Wright. I'll begin with the quality of the education. The teachers are horrendous. I've gone to Wright for 5 years before leaving to go to The Meadows School. The teachers possess no motivation for their job at all. They taught me nothing. Whenever my friends at school ask me if my old school, Wright, was bad, I reply by saying, "They taught me nothing except subject and predicate." Next, their G.A.T.E. program is mediocre at best. I learned many things from it and got the opportunity to compete in a bridge-building contest but otherwise, not much was done. The curriculum is simply the worst on Earth. I learned nothing in science, history, and math. All my learning was done at home. Lastly, they don't recognize talent. My brother still goes to Wright and we recently learned that they removed the letter grade system and academic achievement assemblies because of complaints from parents of lazy children. They lower the bar every year so more students may pass. The school had very few activities and no competitions other than a dance and a chess competition. My advice to all parents is to get your child out ASAP.

Posted February 4, 2013

My daughter started attending William Wright ES this year in Kindergarten. She loves the school and her teacher, Ms. Grant. The front office is always very polite and helpful whenever I call or stop by with questions. They keep the school looking nice and make it a fun place to attend. We love the breakfast reading events that they hold for each holiday. I would highly recommend this school to anyone living in this area. I have heard that people complain about the traffic, but i have never experienced a problem. One must remember that you are gathering almost 1,000 children and parents in one place at one time which will result in congestion.

Posted August 9, 2012

I HAVE TO SAY THAT MY TWIN BOYS WENT TO PRE KINDERGARDEN AND KIDERGARDEN WITH MRS.STOTT AND SHE WAS GREAT !!!

Posted August 7, 2012

I have to say that I am so happy to be out of this school. I have had to keep quiet the past few years out of fear of retribution. The past two years have been the WORST ever. The only good thing about this school is if you are lucky enough get one the outstanding teachers they have. But it is becoming harder and harder to get one because they are slowly packing their bags for greener pastures. The problems at this school all stem from the top. I personally know that many parents have expressed concerns with the sanitation of the school and it never has, and probably never will be addressed. What a filthy place for our children to have to spend their day. Dirty lunch tables and floors, no toilet paper or hand towels in the bathrooms, walls are never cleaned, the list goes on and on. The overcrowding at this school needs to be addressed but hasn't for the past three years. And finally the traffic. Absolutely nothing has stuck in any efforts to improve the traffic around the school. My children and I are looking forward to another school year , NOT at this school.

Posted August 5, 2012

My daughter started attending this school 2011/2012. She absolutely loved it! The teacher she had was wonderful. Its amazing what one year of schooling can do. We were fully updated by voicemails from the principal and letters sent home of upcoming events and news. The only complaint I can come up with is the traffic situation. However I believe it's more the drivers faults than the school when it comes to the danger of our children. We are looking forward to another fabulous school year!

Posted February 26, 2012

Wright Elementary has been a big disappointment because of the lack of communication and concern from teachers and principle. The traffic picking up kids is absolutely horrible and doesn't seem like any changes will be made regardless of one of the students was hit by a car last month.

Posted October 19, 2011

I feel this is by far the WORST school in CCSD! No communication from teachers, rude teachers, a traffic mess, NO ORGANIZATION. I'm just counting the days to get my kid out of this school. And the PTA...they think they run the school, they demand the students to sell a required amount..granted I know the schools need money but as a parent whom is struggling (in the economy with no job) I can not purchase everything they send home. And where does the money go??It seems the parents are asked to supply the school from the most basics (copy paper) to everything. My son came from a school that was the best school to this mess. How can one school be so good and another be so bad???

Posted September 8, 2011

Going into our fourth year here...I can see they are trying to make improvements with the traffic and safety issue, however with the amount of kids here, it may be a losing battle. My child will never walk to or from this school because it is simply not safe. And it's not only the school's fault...it's more about rude and unsafe drivers at drop off & pick up. The teachers are great. Mrs. Lane has been our favorite so far. She gives the kids a great foundation, we hope to get her again with our second child!

Posted August 23, 2010

William Wright is a great school with great administration and staff and a great PTA. It is very unfortunate that parents do not want to get involved in their childs' education. PTA has only a minimum number of members and volunteers helping out. I personally receive a phone call or an email from PTA Board to help out when there is an event, so I will have to disagree with the comment about not getting phone calls!!! Everyone likes to gripe and get upset. Instead, GET INVOLVED!!!! I helped out during fall festival and a couple of dances they sponsored, and the ladies were great. Very nice, and helpful. My children have gone there since the school opened 4 years ago.

Posted April 24, 2010

The teachers are magnificent; they go above and beyond and teach each child as an individual to insure their education experience fits their needs to strive for success.

Posted February 9, 2010

I'm going to have to ditto everything in the previous post. My daughter has been at Wright since it opened-4 yrs ago. We've been very fortunate to get the teachers we've wanted every year, and these fabulous teachers carry the school. I'm pleased with the Honor's Choir, Chess Team, and GATE program...all of which my daughter participates in and are quality programs. On the other hand, student safety is in jeapordy everyday, as there are no crossing guards, the kids play chicken with traffic. The PTA has had my name for 4 years now and has not contacted me once, so instead I volunteer independently through my child's classroom teacher. Another con is that track 5 kindergarten is full day only-$300 a month. So, if you have an older child on track 5 and one entering school, you'll have to plan on them being on different tracks-or pay $300/mo.

Posted February 8, 2010

Been here for 2 years now. The good: 1.We have had 2 really good teachers...if we hadn't have been lucky enough to get these teachers, we would have put our child in private scool already. 2.The extracurricular events are fun, although I'm not sure what the turn out will be now that the school doesn't send home a monthly newsletter. The bad: 1.Traffic. I've seen many close calls with the kids in the street and fear for thier safety. No sidewalks, no crossing guards, and a no parking zone all around the school. 2.The PTA. Yes, same group of ladies because they do not want any help. I've been a member 2 years and the only time they ever called me was to help with the fall fest, and they were rude to me when I helped with a booth! Outdated website, no meeting info, I tried to help. We'll see...

Posted June 29, 2009

My child has attended this school now for 2 years and the teachers have been wonderful! In fact they have actually been quite demanding in the way they challenge the kids to do better! The principal isnt the best but she means well. She really does care about the kids genuinely! The PTA is wonderful, they are very involved and the school offers a lot of great extra curricular classes too like spanish, dance, art, drama, etc! Unfortunately the schools hands are tied when it comes to traffic directions and crossing guards since the county controls that and no one will bother to volunteer to be a crossing guard! The PTA has been the same 7 ladies for 3 yrs now also because other parents will not get involved. The parents will complain constantly but they will not bother to help out when push comes to shove.

Posted July 27, 2008

Communications, in general, is very poor. Little interaction, from what we can tell, among teachers, parents, and the administration.

Posted June 9, 2008

Since this school opened up my child has attended. She is a very bright kid. This school from its front office staff (who are very rude) to the way bullies and how teacher react to the children and parents is poor.. This school is way over crowed and the teachers that are not native nevadians ( which is most) are recent transplants and really are thrown in to the class's with little training or help. I have been lucky with the teachers but it is concerning the lack of communication there is with the parents on test dates, pta. I have made the choice to put my younger kids in private for there own safety and education. Clark County needs to get on the ball. From Childrens safty with crosing roads, to how parnets drive around the school and put more students in classrooms that English is the primary language.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

189 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

189 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Nevada used the Criterion Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The CRT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nevada. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

192 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2013.

192 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 44% in 2011.

160 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students84%

Students with limited English proficiency59%
Proficient in English80%
Not migrant76%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Nevada Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students90%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 23% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 29%N/A54%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

8425 Bob Fisk Ave