Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

William V Wright Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2015
My children have now gone to Wright for 3 years. I have generally raved about this school, but I have a big complaint about how they handled an issue with my youngest last year. Last year, my 2nd Grader's teacher got pregnant. I understand these things happen. You also need to be aware that this is a 12-month school. In about May his regular teacher left on maternity leave. A new teacher from elsewhere in the district came in about a week before so the outgoing teacher could get the new teacher up to speed. Then another month after that, in mid June, my son was on "track break" for about 3 weeks (until early July). When my son returned in early July, for the last 3 weeks of school, my son has ANOTHER new teacher; no warning, no transition from the OTHER temporary teacher. I thought maybe she moved, got married, quit her job, whatever. THEN I come to find out that they just moved her within the same SCHOOL again. So after learning about the class, the kids and everything going on for a month (from May to June), she was moved WITHIN the school so that ANOTHER new sub could come in. This NEW, 2nd sub was very nice, but it seemed she was more of a babysitter for the last three weeks of school. There was little or no homework. I know it was the last few weeks of school, but I have no idea how she knew what to do with grades, etc. She didn't even know the kids. I would have understood if the FIRST substitute teacher had left the school/district. But I was very upset/unhappy and confused when I found out the FIRST sub was still at the school and they had brought in a SECOND sub to take over my son's class the last three weeks.

Posted September 05, 2015
BOTH BOYS HAVE HAD EXCELLENT TEACHERS. I'VE VOLUNTEERED AT TIMES AND I NEVER EXPECTED THE TEACHERS TO BE SO INVOLVED. I'M SURPRISED IT HAS WENT FROM A 5 STAR SCHOOL TO A 3 STAR SCHOOL AND THIS MAKES ME WANT TO TRY TO GET MY SON IN A CHARTER SCHOOL VERY BAD. THE TEACHERS COULD DRESS A LITTLE BIT NICER, EVEN THOUGH IT'S HOT, JUST PUT YOURSELF TOGETHER MORE.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 05, 2015
The principal is always available to the students and parents. She's on top of any phone message you leave; the staff knows the children and checks up on them if they've been sick. All of my two boys teachers actually care about my kids.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 05, 2015
They make it a point for the children to know these characteristics. They have signs all around the school expressing them

Posted April 18, 2015
First I had doubts having my kids here. This is their 2nd year attending Wright Elemntary and it has been really great so far. Their kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Marquez and my girls love her! They still talk about her even now that they are in first grade. Also, Mrs. Remishevskiy has continuously been motivating my daughter to read a lot and she listens to her. Mrs. Esenrich also is so good with my other one. Thank you so much. I hope that Wright Elementary stays up to our expectation as parents.

William V Wright Elementary School 1

Posted July 22, 2014
principal is rude and she has no respect for parents. She should not be allowed to be around children

William V Wright Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2014
My son went to this school for 1st grade. He had two different teachers, due to a change in tracks. Both teachers were very good. My son loved the music in the morning, it really helps put all the kids in a great mood. The traffic is an issue if you are dropping off. The set up is confusing. But the school itself is great. Front office is helpful, the principle is responsive, and my son's teachers were both caring, funny and really put forth the extra effort and attention my son needed.

William V Wright Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
This school is not a 9 how it holds that score I don't understand. My now 2nd grader had one of the most the worst kindergarten teacher. She yelled and the kids all the time and was lazy and unorganized! On top of that see yelled and me one morning infront of the school had me crying. I was 7 months pregnant with my now 2 year old and was put on bed rest so I couldn't go in to help in class anymore and she was not happy about it. When I went to the principle still in tears and let her know what happened and asked for my son to be moved to a different class I was told no and that was it she did nothing for me or my son!! This principle is a joke she doesn't care about the kids and always backs up the teachers!! Thank god we are moving soon and my son will not be going to this school anymore!!

William V Wright Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter started kindergarten this year and she loves learning and comes home all excited telling me about her day and what she learned.

Posted August 03, 2013
My future school @WillVWright Elementary from what i can see strives for highest student achievement. Great teachers are an essential part of each child' academic growth. A strong partnership between students, teachers and parents are so vital in this fast pace lifestyle we are living in. I taught elementary education for 25 years in Florida and am a constant leaner myself. If you are looking for a great teacher who retired a little too soon please contact me. I miss being in the classroom and watching the light bulbs turn on when a new concept is mastered. Respectfully, Patricia Locke- Douglas

8425 Bob Fisk Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89178
Last modified William V Wright Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William V Wright Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top