Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,122

Posted April 18, 2015
First I had doubts having my kids here. This is their 2nd year attending Wright Elemntary and it has been really great so far. Their kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Marquez and my girls love her! They still talk about her even now that they are in first grade. Also, Mrs. Remishevskiy has continuously been motivating my daughter to read a lot and she listens to her. Mrs. Esenrich also is so good with my other one. Thank you so much. I hope that Wright Elementary stays up to our expectation as parents.

William V Wright Elementary School 1

Posted July 22, 2014
principal is rude and she has no respect for parents. She should not be allowed to be around children

William V Wright Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2014
My son went to this school for 1st grade. He had two different teachers, due to a change in tracks. Both teachers were very good. My son loved the music in the morning, it really helps put all the kids in a great mood. The traffic is an issue if you are dropping off. The set up is confusing. But the school itself is great. Front office is helpful, the principle is responsive, and my son's teachers were both caring, funny and really put forth the extra effort and attention my son needed.

William V Wright Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
This school is not a 9 how it holds that score I don't understand. My now 2nd grader had one of the most the worst kindergarten teacher. She yelled and the kids all the time and was lazy and unorganized! On top of that see yelled and me one morning infront of the school had me crying. I was 7 months pregnant with my now 2 year old and was put on bed rest so I couldn't go in to help in class anymore and she was not happy about it. When I went to the principle still in tears and let her know what happened and asked for my son to be moved to a different class I was told no and that was it she did nothing for me or my son!! This principle is a joke she doesn't care about the kids and always backs up the teachers!! Thank god we are moving soon and my son will not be going to this school anymore!!

William V Wright Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter started kindergarten this year and she loves learning and comes home all excited telling me about her day and what she learned.

Posted August 03, 2013
My future school @WillVWright Elementary from what i can see strives for highest student achievement. Great teachers are an essential part of each child' academic growth. A strong partnership between students, teachers and parents are so vital in this fast pace lifestyle we are living in. I taught elementary education for 25 years in Florida and am a constant leaner myself. If you are looking for a great teacher who retired a little too soon please contact me. I miss being in the classroom and watching the light bulbs turn on when a new concept is mastered. Respectfully, Patricia Locke- Douglas

Posted July 02, 2013
I used to go to this school. I attended that school ever since it first opened. I absolutely love all the staff and teachers teachers especially Ms. Hester and Ms. Hulbert those two teachers really made a mark in my life. If your child has one of the two teachers you should. I don't know but do something. I believe that you will be very please with this school. I don't know how I ended up here but I just thaught I'd tell you that this is a wonderful school for your child to attend at and if you disagree then up yours. Oh and please excuse my grammar mistakes.

William V Wright Elementary School 2

Posted February 06, 2013
No one can possibly understand my dissatisfaction in my years at William Wright. I'll begin with the quality of the education. The teachers are horrendous. I've gone to Wright for 5 years before leaving to go to The Meadows School. The teachers possess no motivation for their job at all. They taught me nothing. Whenever my friends at school ask me if my old school, Wright, was bad, I reply by saying, "They taught me nothing except subject and predicate." Next, their G.A.T.E. program is mediocre at best. I learned many things from it and got the opportunity to compete in a bridge-building contest but otherwise, not much was done. The curriculum is simply the worst on Earth. I learned nothing in science, history, and math. All my learning was done at home. Lastly, they don't recognize talent. My brother still goes to Wright and we recently learned that they removed the letter grade system and academic achievement assemblies because of complaints from parents of lazy children. They lower the bar every year so more students may pass. The school had very few activities and no competitions other than a dance and a chess competition. My advice to all parents is to get your child out ASAP.

Posted February 04, 2013
My daughter started attending William Wright ES this year in Kindergarten. She loves the school and her teacher, Ms. Grant. The front office is always very polite and helpful whenever I call or stop by with questions. They keep the school looking nice and make it a fun place to attend. We love the breakfast reading events that they hold for each holiday. I would highly recommend this school to anyone living in this area. I have heard that people complain about the traffic, but i have never experienced a problem. One must remember that you are gathering almost 1,000 children and parents in one place at one time which will result in congestion.

Posted August 09, 2012
I HAVE TO SAY THAT MY TWIN BOYS WENT TO PRE KINDERGARDEN AND KIDERGARDEN WITH MRS.STOTT AND SHE WAS GREAT !!!

William V Wright Elementary School
8425 Bob Fisk Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89178
Last modified William V Wright Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William V Wright Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top