Posted June 24, 2014
I have been involved with this school since it started in 2006. I have spent several years tutoring students in the after school program, have come to know the staff, students, & many parents. The ultimate conclusion I have come to regarding the problems & issues at the school is due to parents that have no involvement in their kids education. They put 100% of the educating & discipline on the backs of the teachers & administration. You parents that only have negative comments need to look at yourselves first! When kids are disciplined and you parents are notified, your comments are most always that the teachers are picking on your child or you simply ignore the problem. It is also well advised that if your kids are struggling perhaps you should spend less less time complaining about the teachers & the administration and spend more time at home helping your kids with their homework . How about a half hour each day reading with your kid(s) and spend less of your time on your own selfish interests. Yes, I know of you parents that are more absorbed in yourselves instead of your children. Then it's easier to blame others rather that taking responsibility for you own kids education.

Innovations International Charter School of NV 1

Posted March 18, 2014
This schools administration had great intentions but the plan has not been well executed. Wonderful teachers (thankfully) but none of the things promised during the hour long orientation came to fruition. My child is in the second year at this school and has not learned any foreign language, the librarian in the new "library" is not certified, there are teachers assistants who use inappropriate language around children, and worst of all the principal does not keep office hours. The school gets its direction from the top. A principal who does not have office hours, can not be reached by phone and can only be seen by appointments made via email is not a good leader.We are one of several families leaving this school next year.

Posted October 08, 2013
My two children have been attending IICSN since 2011 and I can honestly say that I love the school. The staff, teachers and principal truly care about the children and the education that they are receiving. I have brought several of my friends into the school and they all love it as well.

Innovations International Charter School of NV 1

Posted June 06, 2013
At my school there is plenty of bullying. There was a girl that stole all my money out of my backpack and I tried to report it, but the teachers and security wouldn't do anything about it. All the students at our school cuss and date because they want to fit in so bad. That's how I lost my best-friend because she wanted to date somebody and ended up ditching me after she met new friends that told her to stop being friends with me and start being mean. I was sad, but she was just using me so she could copy off of my school work. If you want to send your child to a good school it certainly shouldn't be this one.

Posted October 29, 2012
I must admit they are a little unconventional but overall they are very good with the kids and I feel confident my kids will get a great education there. They have a wonderful special needs program and a variety of subjects for expanding the childrens future goals. Mr. Poole is fantastic. I appreciate all the teachers very much. They have several PhDs at the school which you dont really see much of in other schools. I wish there was more parent involvment.

Posted September 08, 2011
Let me be the first parent to post a review for 2011. My children have been attending IICSN for almost 4 years now. Previously they had been in private schools only. I've got to say I am extremely impressed with the participation of not only the staff but parents and students as well. Yes, first there were growing pains but as a new school, you tend to expect this. Every year has gotten better and better. I can't imagine my children attending any other school where everyone knows them and watches out for them. Yes, my children have learned more about real students than in a private school where they actually were sheltered from the real world. Some of these kids have had tough breaks and it just makes you cry with joy when you see them overcome every obstacle and graduate! Not many schools if any would take the time to educate and help a student grow into a young adult and wonderful person. For all the negative reviews previously, perhaps that parent was just not as involved as they should be. IICSN truly appreciates and honors and respects involved parents and encourages it. I can't say enough about this school except I'm always impressed.

Posted October 11, 2010
i can't sit back and watch IICSN be slammed. These kids have opportunities at this school that are lacking in other school, even at other schools in las vegas. I am under the opinion that if your child has disciplinary problems, this may be the place for them to go. It's a young school but I can tell you that my children will be attending until they graduate high school. I take my children education quite seriously and I am impressed with the methods that teachers take to make sure they are learning constantly: academically, socially, and athletically. Discipline is a core value with this school as well as integrity, dedication and accountability for your own actions. These things have to be developed over time and IICSN is doing an excellent job with this. IICSN is growing up and I intend to have my children grow with this school.

Innovations International Charter School of NV 4

Posted June 26, 2010
If you want to know about a school....ask a teacher.I have taught here three years. IICSN has had its growing pains. There have been disgruntled parents, students, and staff.There is no hiding that.Has there ever been a school that has not has these issues?I have also witnessed some of the most unique opportunities ever.Teachers have been instructed and taught how to do project based teaching.We have been provided with innovative technology to do so.The physical environment is not perfect but we have been give support to work in it and the school is taking steps to ensure a better structure.When people are honest and mature about issues they are resolved. Our administrator is never going to argue. Sometimes I would like a rise out of her but while she is just smiling...she IS listening. She teaches EVERYONE to seek their own solutions.There is something special about IICSN.Just watch, you'll see!!!

Posted April 26, 2010
In response to the second reveiw by the 'concerned' mother. We have had our children in the school for almost four years and have been amazed at what the school as a whole has become in that time. From the first year and every one since they have offered more and more. I am 'dissapointed' that some people would offer such negative opinions without any REAL complaint. Some people can't accept that their 'little Billly or Susie' may not be the perfect angels they think they are.If you want to have your children in a 'perfect educational setting' Then cough up the money and send them to a PRIVATE SCHOOL! My children learn how to deal with important REAL WORLD issues and situations. Maybe the 'concerned parent' should come back to the REAL world and take their child somewhere else. That my opinion:)

Innovations International Charter School of NV 2

Posted April 23, 2010
I wrote a review earlier. Now that my children have been in the school longer, I feel I can give a better review. I'm very disapointed in IICSN. More directly, I'm disapointed with most of the teachers. My daughter is a straight A student, and my son gets A's and B's. The are always getting yelled at by teachers, not because of what they do, but by what the class does. The teachers alway assume the children are doing something wrong, and instead of investigating just a little, they just loose their temper and start yelling some more. I don't think this is appropiate for teachers to act this way. This isn't just a one time occurance, I have also witnessed this first hand. I think this should be a major concern for the school.

Innovations International Charter School of NV
1600 East Oakey Blvd, Las Vegas, NV  89104
Last modified Innovations International Charter School of NV is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Innovations International Charter School of NV Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top