Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This school is terrible! They allow their parents to break the law every day by parking on public streets that are designated as NO PARKING AT ANY TIME. Blocking streets and forcing drivers to swerve around them. This is an accident waiting to happen. This school is a menace to the community as it allows its parents to violate posted parking restrictions. The parents are either too lazy or illiterate and the school does nothing. I will not allow my child to go to this school as it does not put their best interest first. I guess that is why charter schools are becoming so popular. Thank god Doral has a campus on Cactus!

As I look at all the other comments, with the exception of a few, it seems as though they are missing the big picture. Carolyn S. Reedom ES is a great school, from the front office to the administration, to the teachers, down to the custodial staff. They all make it a point to get to know students and what each child needs. Some of you are complaining about one or two items (lunch, lunch lady, being able to eat with your child, etc.) that is not what makes a school great. What makes a school great are the caring people that are a part of the school, including the parents. Reedom Staff is awesome. I have had nothing but great interaction with the staff. I know that my child is safe and secure when at school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I have had many conversations with Principal Sheppard as well as the assistant principals. They have all been able to assist me, answer my questions, and resolve issues.

Amount of homework: Agree

The teachers are making sure the students are working on what they have learned in class, by monitoring it online. Great way to assist students and parents.

My son will be entering 2nd grade tomorrow and I couldn't be happier with his progress. He has made great strides in Kindergarten and 1st grade at Reedom ES. There is open communication between the teachers and parents. The administrative staff has always been welcoming and available to answer any questions. My son is always excited about going to school and says a great majority of kids are very nice. The teachers do a great job with empowering the students and teaching students not only the curriculum, but how to be positive role models.

Amount of homework: Disagree

More and more studies have proven that homework doesn't raise student performance. Whatever the student does not finish in class should be his homework.

My son has Been there 3 years now has been a great experience clean school no problems love all the teachers he has had and wouldn't change or go anywhere else for the remainder of his elementary

We moved to Las Vegas last year and learned that they had changed to a 12-month school. I told them I had another child in middle school, so I needed to be on Track 5 so they could be somewhat on the same schedule. They told me it would be hard, so I asked what my other options were. The front office lady snickered and told me "you don't have any!". Real nice first impression... I wish it had gotten better since then, but there's no communication from the school, no involvement from anyone, and it does seem that nobody on the admin side cares at all. My child's teacher is very nice and tries to help everyone, but it's not enough to overcome the lack of everything else. By the way, all 5th graders should be on Track 5... because next year in 6th grade they'll have to go to school from July to December with 2 weeks vacation in August. This reflects the forward thinking of the administrators at that school.

I do not feel that the principal is involved enough. It's not a bad school at all but I think the little things need taken care of better. I would rate this school a 6. My daughter never can finish her lunch because she says she has to listen to the lunch people and nerve has time to eat. Very weird?? Not happy at all on how they deal with lunch time she is so hungry after school!!!

This is not my favorite school. The principal seems nice, some of the teachers seem nice, the front office staff isn't that friendly. They are very strict at lunch, understandable when there are so many kids to get through lunch, however it feels like I drop my kid off at prison every morning. Thank goodness he's made friends to make it a little easier.

Last modified Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.