Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2014
I do not feel that the principal is involved enough. It's not a bad school at all but I think the little things need taken care of better. I would rate this school a 6. My daughter never can finish her lunch because she says she has to listen to the lunch people and nerve has time to eat. Very weird?? Not happy at all on how they deal with lunch time she is so hungry after school!!!

Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School 2

Posted September 08, 2014
This is not my favorite school. The principal seems nice, some of the teachers seem nice, the front office staff isn't that friendly. They are very strict at lunch, understandable when there are so many kids to get through lunch, however it feels like I drop my kid off at prison every morning. Thank goodness he's made friends to make it a little easier.

Posted August 07, 2014
Principal Kalandra Sheppard is running this school into the ground. I think it is time open a federal case to expose the mismanagement of this school. Her tenure at this site is ruining our great Mountain s Edge Community. She does what is best for herself and not the students. Kalandra is rude to students, rude to parents, and rude to teachers.
2 people found this helpful

Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2014
I am laughing at the last post. Maybe a parent should spell principal correctly before slamming the school. No school is perfect, but my children have attended Reedom for four years and have been successful. I have volunteered in their classrooms on numerous occasions, have brought my children lunch and have had many positive interactions with the school nurse. I tend to see the parents with the most issues are the ones that want to constantly complain and who are too busy to be involved. Guarantee you will have the same problems at the next school!

Posted August 04, 2014
I wish I could say this school is great but It's not. You must schedule a time to speak with the principle and even then it's a argumentative conversation with her getting defensive. I had to have my child removed from her class half way through the year as her teacher was completely incompetent to teach with a horrible attitude toward the kids. My child has a learning disability and wasn't given the 504 accommodations.The lunch ladies Yell at the kids and if they talk they remove them from their lunch and make them sit up onstage in front of everyone so they can get their names. They treat parents like terrorists. NOBODY is allowed in their child's class ever. You can't even eat lunch with your kids. They remove your child and make you sit at a table in the front lobby. The school nurse talks to you as if it's a imposition to help your sick child and heaven help you if you can't get there right away to pick them up. The principle has a poor attitude and so it trickles to the staff. Glad to be In The new school next year!!

Posted June 20, 2014
Most not all....of the teachers are horrible. My son's teacher was rarely there and my daughters kindergarten teacher was very mean...too strict for kinder. Never saw the principal once and we were at the school for 4 months! I have heard the principal is bad still. Not overly impressed with thus school. I put my kids in a charter school.

Posted February 07, 2014
The school has implemented a zero talk policy during lunch. The children are not allowed to talk during lunch until they reach level 2. At that time, they are allowed to talk. If they are caught talking during lunch, even whispering, they are given detention. Children need to interact with each other. When I phoned the school to question this new policy, they claimed the children could talk once they got their lunches and were sat down at the table. That is a lie. I have spoken to several teachers and students and they said that the new assistant principal walks around the lunch room and yells "zero talk policy!!" If the administration don't want to listen to children talk to each other, then they are in the wrong business. This is not a prison. The school used to be so good. We miss you Mr. Wilson.

Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School 3

Posted January 24, 2014
My children have been attending Reedom for the past 4 years. At first the school was great... My son had an amazing Kindergarten teacher and my daughter loved her Kindergarten and first grade teachers. But for the past 2 years their teachers are just not as good. One teacher actually used to pick on one of my children continuously questioning her for being late... even saying "______ makes it to school on time, why can't you?" If the school has a question about a child being late; I feel they should speak with the parent. One of my children has also had issues with bullying/name calling... I must say I don't agree with their procedures regarding bullying. I wish there was more communication. There are many events they offer, which my children love. As for the office staff, I have never had an issue. Julie in the front office is the best... always very helpful!

Posted March 27, 2013
School was putting wrong attendance at my child. On January 2013 they send me a letter that my child has already 6 absences, ok yes because she was sick for 4 days last year understandable. They send me a 2nd letter notice on February saying my child has 10 absences WOW !!! My child was never absent from January 2013 to February 2013 . And lastly March 25 I received the third notice saying my child has 16 absences REALLY??

Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School 5

Posted March 07, 2013
I could not be happier! I have three children attending Reedom and the programs and education that they receive is excellent! My children all three love their teachers and come home from school happy and talk about their day at school and what they have learned. The music program is so great! The art and the myscilearn and so many others. The pta leader is great. The office staff is always willing to help me. My kids love the Daddy/Daughter and Mother/Son dance. Field day is great too! I am so proud that my kids go to Reedom and am so thankful everyday that my children are getting such a great education, thank you!

Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School
10025 Rumrill St, Las Vegas, NV  89178
Last modified Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top