Bad
Good

My experience at this school has been ALL good. My daughter enjoys it and is at the top of her class. She is encouraged to be an example for the other children in her class, and i believe that this is good for her, she loves it so much. All the teachers and staff members that I've come across have been really great and super helpful. I know a lot of people rate this school rather poorly & its sad. Sometimes if we had more positive parents working with the teachers trying to make the atmosphere for ALL children pleasant especially those parents that have unruly more challenging disrespectful children then the overall school experience would be great or better for all children NO matter their learning levels. people say that's it's in a less than desirable neighborhood & SO , all areas can't be great BUT we MUST learn to do the BEST with what we have for OUR babies!!! I came from a 8 rating school and still say that this is a great school for my daughter b/c she has seen favor & does well , I am greatful & greatly blessed!!!

Well, like the other parent, we moved to our house because of the price and I was also disappointed in the quality of the neighborhood schools. They haven't passed their AYP tests for one thing. However, we made the best of what we had. My daughter began at Tate in the 2nd grade and now she is in the fifth grade, gets straight A's and she is the student body president. The first one they've ever had there! Things have improved with the new principal, and my daughter loves it there, she goes early every day and attends almost every function they offer. It is an "at risk" school, but it won't get better if all the good kids go somewhere else. You can make a difference by supporting school activities and having a positive attitude about school. They have some really dedicated teachers there, come check it out for yourself- you might be surprised.

We moved into the area because our home was priced right. Little did we know the type of kids and parents that attend this campus. School looks nice from the outside, but is filled with kids with poor behavior and foul mouths. As we pulled up for the first day of school kids were namecalling and pushing and shoving into us and not one kid said sorry. This school is in a bad area with bad kids. Stay away and dont attend.

Last modified Myrtle Tate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.