Robert L Forbuss Elementary School 2

Posted September 06, 2014
My son went here for Kindergarten and I would say he left without one more ounce of knowledge than when he entered. This school teaches to children that are falling behind, so if your child is above average, good luck. Because he would finish his classwork in a very timely manner, he began having behavioral issues due to boredom (they have to put their head down when they are finished). She would also ask him to assist children who are falling behind sometimes, and when those children would go up to him for assistance again, and he would provide it, he would get in trouble. It is difficult for a 5 year old to distinguish when they are allowed and not allowed to help their peers once a teacher gives them permission. I think it would have helped if he wasn't in a half-day Kindergarten class with 31 other children, so I moved him to a charter school which met his needs. Overall, this school is clean, safe, and ridiculously close to my house, but doesn't provide what my child needed educationally (which is what matters, right?).

Posted January 11, 2014
A great school that unfortunately is dealing with overcrowding due to poor planning by Clark County Commissioners and not building enough schools in the area to handle the growth. (Or allowing too much building with the amount of schools in place - however you want to look at it.) Despite these challenges, the teachers and Principal have handled it very well and this is certainly one of the better Elementary Schools in the District.

Robert L Forbuss Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2014
We come from a wonderful school in NY, where my kids loved their teachers and the things they did. So far, I have been nothing but disappointed in this shcool district. We have had to move our oldest out of one class as the teacher was just a miserable person and just seeemed burnt out on dealing with smaller children. The still have yet to put my second son in speech therapy even though we have transfered his information from his previous school over to them twice, even had a sit down with the principal when we were told it would be taken care of. They do NO art projects. I used to have a whole room full of arts and crafts/drawings that my kids made while at school, now all I get is test scores. Isn't leaning supposed to be fun in Kindergarten-at least 2nd grade? We aren't allowed to bring in food or have parties for our children when it's their birthday or a special holiday? They don't do any plays, and the one that my son did in first grade was a joke, you couldnt even have the kids make a paper hat to go along with the play at the very least?! Completely disappointed in this school, and the way they treat the children. This isn't work, its school, meant to be a fun experience.

Robert L Forbuss Elementary School 3

Posted January 09, 2014
I'm torn on how to Rate this school. The teachers are GREAT the principle is HORRIBLE. Mr. Paquette the principle only cares about test scores and how he looks to the school district. When it comes to actually talking to him personally GOOD LUCK getting past his office gate keepers. Then when he is forced to call you back he is rude and has even hung up on parents before. My child started there from kindergarten till 4th grade. We requested a zone variance this year for 5th grade for Hayes Elementary very happy with choice to change. This principle should not be a principle. The TEACHERS are great.

Posted May 31, 2013
FORBUSS ELEMENTARY! I am so happy that MCClain is my son's teacher. He did an amazing work and always caring. Forbuss is very lucky to have teacher like her.Thank you for everything ! Sanja

Posted January 13, 2013
This is a GREAT School. A strong an caring principal with a great staff behind him makes the perfect combination. My kids love to attend school every day.

Posted October 23, 2012
Mr. Paquette and his staff are top notch. Definitely one of the best learning environments in the Valley. The teachers are educated and passionate about the students. Extreme support from the community and the parents which makes a huge difference. The PTA is amazing as well and are very supportive. They put on great events! The music teacher, Mr. Billings is amazing! Just a great experience and a great school! Keep up the great work Mr. Paquette!

Posted August 12, 2012
Never mind the last rating submitted by a parent whose child could not get into the school and they rated it 1 star due to frustration. Plenty of people in the area want their children to go to this school because of it's excellent reputation. Probably the best in Southwest Las Vegas. Forbuss is an excellent Elementary school with wonderful teachers and parents that actually participate. We certainly won't be moving out of the area until our daughter completes Elementary school at Forbuss.

Posted December 05, 2011
I have been so happy with this school. We moved here to Las Vegas from a small town in another state, and I was actually very nervous about putting my precious children in school here.... but it has been WONDERFUL!!!! The principal, Mr. Paquette is just the best, along with many of the teachers... Mrs. Kramar, Miss Kettl, Mr. Preston, just to name a few. I have noticed that when there is a teacher there that is less than stellar, they are gone the next year. I love that! I highly recommend Forbuss.

Posted October 06, 2011
EXCELLENT Teachers and a FANTASTIC Principal. Our daughter has been going here since she started school and Loves School and Loves her Teachers. I would have to say that Mr. Paquett (the Principal) is one of the most outstanding educators I've met in Las Vegas and I've met quite a few over the years in my business. Being a real estate agent... I'm all over Las Vegas and hear multiple complaints about other schools.... You won't hear any from the parents whose children go to Forbuss. Parents are very active... events at the school are well attended showing that the parents care. The teachers are very enthusiastic and you can tell they really do care which is so important.... We would not even think about having our daughter go to another Elementary school in Las Vegas. Great Job Mr. Paquette!

Robert L Forbuss Elementary School
8601 South Grand Canyon Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89178
Last modified Robert L Forbuss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert L Forbuss Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top