Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

No home work for kid. No knowledge. Very poor education.

My daughter is in kindergarten and her teacher Mrs. Taylor is amazing. My daughter is learning so much and she enjoys going to school everyday. I feel very welcome when I help out in the classroom and the staff is very caring. Forbuss is a great school and I'm happy my child is going there.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

She's learning but for all day kindergarten, I expected more. She learned better at preschool 2 days a week

Amount of homework: Disagree

Kindergarten is a full day, to have homework in 4 or 5 subjects nightly is excessive. We have other things in church, gymnastics etc. she needs my assistance because most subjects have a paragraph of direction but no worksheet so I have to create it because they send a spiral notebook and a sheet of directions. I have other children, dinner etc. She's in kindergarten!

Develops character: Neutral

I think it depends on what teacher your child gets. I haven't seen much consistent behavior from the adults

Very disappointed in this school. I'm a native, went to school in Vegas and so have my other 4 children. I have never experienced a school that I didn't feel welcome. My daughter is in kindergarten and has a teacher that says I'm welcome but when I offer to help I get no dates, times etc. I find the kids to be ill-behaved and the parents complicit in the bad behavior. We were excited about this school but are relocating to an area that we can attend a school that I and my children for that matter, had a great experience at. Also, read a review about a kindergarten student who got into trouble when helping others "sometimes ", that has happened to my daughter too. How can she know when it's okay and when it isn't?

Mr Paquette has got to be the rudest principal I've experienced to date. He has an incredible game face for the district and officials. Coming from one of the best public schools in the country I have a very different opinion of a great school. Forbuss doesn't even come close. Definitely need to get Mr Paquette some extra help on how to conduct himself in a professional manner inspite of the situation. Absolutely no tact with serious anger issues. I really wanted to believe in this school but was highly disappointed.

My son went here for Kindergarten and I would say he left without one more ounce of knowledge than when he entered. This school teaches to children that are falling behind, so if your child is above average, good luck. Because he would finish his classwork in a very timely manner, he began having behavioral issues due to boredom (they have to put their head down when they are finished). She would also ask him to assist children who are falling behind sometimes, and when those children would go up to him for assistance again, and he would provide it, he would get in trouble. It is difficult for a 5 year old to distinguish when they are allowed and not allowed to help their peers once a teacher gives them permission. I think it would have helped if he wasn't in a half-day Kindergarten class with 31 other children, so I moved him to a charter school which met his needs. Overall, this school is clean, safe, and ridiculously close to my house, but doesn't provide what my child needed educationally (which is what matters, right?).

A great school that unfortunately is dealing with overcrowding due to poor planning by Clark County Commissioners and not building enough schools in the area to handle the growth. (Or allowing too much building with the amount of schools in place - however you want to look at it.) Despite these challenges, the teachers and Principal have handled it very well and this is certainly one of the better Elementary Schools in the District.

We come from a wonderful school in NY, where my kids loved their teachers and the things they did. So far, I have been nothing but disappointed in this shcool district. We have had to move our oldest out of one class as the teacher was just a miserable person and just seeemed burnt out on dealing with smaller children. The still have yet to put my second son in speech therapy even though we have transfered his information from his previous school over to them twice, even had a sit down with the principal when we were told it would be taken care of. They do NO art projects. I used to have a whole room full of arts and crafts/drawings that my kids made while at school, now all I get is test scores. Isn't leaning supposed to be fun in Kindergarten-at least 2nd grade? We aren't allowed to bring in food or have parties for our children when it's their birthday or a special holiday? They don't do any plays, and the one that my son did in first grade was a joke, you couldnt even have the kids make a paper hat to go along with the play at the very least?! Completely disappointed in this school, and the way they treat the children. This isn't work, its school, meant to be a fun experience.

Last modified Robert L Forbuss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.